Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott suspended six games by NFL

Or will he ?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7ba8cc2eddc7

Cowboys get a legal Hail Mary, and Ezekiel Elliott will play Sunday (Home to the Kansas City Chiefs).

By Mark Maske November 3 at 11:17 AM

Comment woodbuck27:

Will a short term celebration for the Dallas Cowboys result in a long term this Season 'Good Ending'?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/e...or-injunction/

Ezekiel Elliott suspended again after court denies request for injunction

The Cowboys running back is suspended once again in a never-ending saga

Will Brinson ...mugshot by Will Brinson @WillBrinson

17m ago • 1 min read

Comment
    woodbuck27:

It took only about an hour in this Court and the decision went down:

It looks like 'for all intents and purposes' the end of the line and any real chance of another successful appeal for the Ezekiel Elliott Legal Team. That is without something unfoirseen.

Ezekiel Elliott will be suspended now officially for the next six weeks and he won't be playing until Christmas at the earliest.

He will be eligible to play the Seahawks in Week 16.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Finally Ezekiel Elliot is out and his suspension begins in Week Ten.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-train-refocus

Ezekiel Elliott leaving country to train, refocus

By Kevin Patra ... Around the NFL writer

Published: Nov. 12, 2017 at 07:36 a.m. Updated: Nov. 12, 2017 at 12:09 p.m.

Never Give a Scorpion a Ride Across the River

BEFORE ENVISIONING AN NFL without Goodell, Jones needed him in it. More than a decade ago in a league meeting, Jones stood before his fellow owners and, in the words of an executive in the room, "all but begged" for a loan. The price tag had skyrocketed on his $1.3 billion AT&T Stadium, and he needed more cash from the league's G3 loan program. Jones also knew that many owners were angry with him; years earlier, he had disposed of thousands of seats at Texas Stadium and replaced them with club suites, trading revenue shareable with visiting teams' owners for money that went straight into his own pocket. So on this day, he told owners that he realized what he had done was unfair -- but that he was building a stadium that would be a great showplace for the NFL and needed tens of millions in additional loans.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_...er-jerry-jones
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

From same article, a point about where the owners understand their limitations but also do not understand the possibilities of making an effective change.

During one meeting, Jones reminded Goodell of his impatience with the ongoing Elliott inquiry. Behind closed doors, Jones repeated to other owners that the NFL shouldn't be in the "investigative business." Jones knew many owners agreed; Bob Kraft, for example, has complained for years that the league "wastes" money on seemingly endless player discipline investigations, including a reported $22.5 million on Deflategate. Jones also challenged Goodell's practice of punishing players who are not charged with crimes, let alone convicted.
    The League should NOT be in the business of investigating. Though the owners really have only themselves and George Steinbrenner to blame for this (for decades teams have hired ex-polie and ex-FBI agents to run point on trouble with local law enforcement. In fact, the different between the former prosecutor Friel and the ex-FBI guys probably explains some of the tension. As would an internal team investigation that never sees the light of day versus the League process that is far more open and subject to discovery.

But had Goodell not thought he would solve these problems by discovering the truth, he might have headed down the path of placing incentives and training to reduce the problematic behaviors initially. You could still suspend players for wrongdoings that involve publicly investigated wrongdoing, but the emphasis on all the other gray areas could have been less on punishment or banishment and more on eliminating the behavior.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Elliott seems to be the glue that held the Cowboys together. Last 3 games since he's been suspended - 7, 9, 6 points.

Adam Caplan‏Verified account @caplannfl
    4m4 minutes ago

Dak Prescott last 3 games: 0 TD passes, 5 INTs (2 returned for TD), 3 fumbles lost (1 returned for TD). #LACvsDAL
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Elliott seems to be the glue that held the Cowboys together. Last 3 games since he's been suspended - 7, 9, 6 points.

4m4 minutes ago

Dak Prescott last 3 games: 0 TD passes, 5 INTs (2 returned for TD), 3 fumbles lost (1 returned for TD). #LACvsDAL

That organization is in ruins. That's what happens when you build your entire team and organization around a single talented player, and he bails out your worthless coach, GM, and Owner. Cowboys will likely disband and dissolve in a matter of days, much like the Packers.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post

4m4 minutes ago

yeah, and i have every fucking cowboy not named elliot

The Cowboys are a case study in what happens when your top offensive player isn't playing. They also parallel the Packers in a lot of ways. Mediocre defense missing one of its best players-Lee. WRs that have lost a step-Bryant. Middle round QB with flaws in his game-Prescott, and a good OL missing a key player-Smith, then Martin after Smith returned.

This Cowboys team has scored 22 total points since Elliott's suspension and is 0-3. Prescott has thrown 5 interceptions and lost 3 fumbles , 3 of these turnovers returned for TDs, all in the last 3 games. The wheels on that bus have fallen off due to injury and suspension.

Just goes to show what a fine line there is between winning and losing and just how important one or two players can be to your teams' prospects.

I don't think its all Elliot. Their defense has been horrendous with Elliot at times.

As much as people liked Dak, no one thought he was Brees or Rodgers dragging a team to the playoffs by himself.

Dak is a very good QB who played on a very talented squad who suddenly have a poor defense and poor special teams. And they are missing their best offensive talent.

The Packers can match that with an unhealthy O line, poor pass rush and special teams that unlike last year are not winning the ST battle very often.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    The Cowboys are a case study in what happens when your top offensive player isn't playing. They also parallel the Packers in a lot of ways. Mediocre defense missing one of its best players-Lee. WRs that have lost a step-Bryant. Middle round QB with flaws in his game-Prescott, and a good OL missing a key player-Smith, then Martin after Smith returned.

This Cowboys team has scored 22 total points since Elliott's suspension and is 0-3. Prescott has thrown 5 interceptions and lost 3 fumbles , 3 of these turnovers returned for TDs, all in the last 3 games. The wheels on that bus have fallen off due to injury and suspension.

Just goes to show what a fine line there is between winning and losing and just how important one or two players can be to your teams' prospects
    What this is also showing is Dak isn't the QB so many thought he was. Without Zeke and his running game he can't carry that team like the real good ones can.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    The demise of the Cowgirls has really made watching all their nationally televised games immensely satisfying.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

I picked the LA Chargers to win that game as they've been close to being there over the past two Seasons or thre but just over the past three games are showing up BIGGER.

I didn't imagine they would make the Dallas Cowboys coming in Ranked at NO. 14 that bad.

That was a humiliating loss for the Boys.