Thread: PRESEASON STANDOUTS-----LIST EM

Blog Entries

PRESEASON STANDOUTS-----LIST EM

There are a sh@tload of preseason games on TV this year Consider this the thread to list noteworthy performance........perhaps vets tearing it up...or ROOKS with nice start.

I will Start.

Yes, the guy Packerrats seemed to love to hate for some reason. The guy who would have looked great in Green n Gold.....Steelers have been pimping him before the first game.

And TJ Watt Delivered with 2 sack and some QB pressures.

Should be fun to track their careers and see if Kevin King and Vince Biegel are more productive than TJ Watt.

In game one, TJ Watt looked like the real deal, and he'd look better in Green n Gold !!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    #2-----TRIVIA.....Which legendary poster was pimping this Wide Receiver via draft day ?

DEDE WESTBROOK----WR----dude had 6 catches for 131 yards tonight. Looked smooth.

And Jay Cutler...actually looked decent tonight. Since he's not a Bear, I no longer hate him
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    #2-----TRIVIA.....Which legendary poster was pimping this Wide Receiver via draft day ?

DEDE WESTBROOK----WR----dude had 6 catches for 131 yards tonight. Looked smooth.

And Jay Cutler...actually looked decent tonight. Since he's not a Bear, I no longer hate him
    If going 3/6 for 24 yards is looking decent, I have a bridge to sell you.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I feel like in the past at least one person really seems to make the jump and show up consistently in the "daily report" for the JSO. I haven't really seen that one person this year. Maybe I don't read as much as I used to, or maybe they just don't have anyone making that leap? At best, it seems like it's Quinton Rollins.

I must be gettin' old 'cause I remember the daily HJ the media was given Finley when he busted out in his second camp. Same with Jennings in his first camp. Maybe the coverage was just better than? Maybe Twitter is making the reporters lazy? I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I feel like in the past at least one person really seems to make the jump and show up consistently in the "daily report" for the JSO. I haven't really seen that one person this year. Maybe I don't read as much as I used to, or maybe they just don't have anyone making that leap? At best, it seems like it's Quinton Rollins.

I must be gettin' old 'cause I remember the daily HJ the media was given Finley when he busted out in his second camp. Same with Jennings in his first camp. Maybe the coverage was just better than? Maybe Twitter is making the reporters lazy? I'm not sure.
    You're not noticing one because the JS is 99% video podcasts. They do so little writing these days, and when they do it's halfbaked.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post

POINT ONE- They lost hands down their best Packer writer who was not afraid to make points

POINT TWO- WR Mccaffrey sp? seems to be the guy who is greatly outperforming expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    POINT ONE- They lost hands down their best Packer writer who was not afraid to make points

POINT TWO- WR Mccaffrey sp? seems to be the guy who is greatly outperforming expectations
    McCaffrey and the giant kid (Michael Clark) are the one's making the most noise, in that order. At least on offense.

On defense, its every ILB who is also not a safety. Including Tripp.
    Last edited by pbmax; 08-19-2017 at 11:29 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I thought Eddie Lacy looked good. He looked like the in shape Lacy. He'll be a load to deal with in week 1.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I thought Eddie Lacy looked good. He looked like the in shape Lacy. He'll be a load to deal with in week 1.
    He's getting grief everywhere for running poorly with the starters and for making the 4th string guy look good.

There has not been public mention of whether he made his last weigh in right before camp. Speculation was that he missed his target.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I watched Lacy last night and caught myself thinking..."Gee, I'm glad he's no longer a Packer. I like our rookie guys better."
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Janis, nuff said.