Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Packers waiting for Fackrell to Produce

Blog Entries

Packers waiting for Fackrell to Produce

LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Not like he's young either, will turn 26 during the season.

I'm hoping we catch lighting in a bottle when Vince comes back because I don't trust Clay and Perry staying healthy all season

Dwight Freeney is still available.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

No mention of Jayrone Elliot? I thought he was ahead of Fackrell. I hope they don't get Freeney or some other retread at this point. Biegel was better than T.J. Watt year before last, and then he was playing hurt last year. If he really is 100% like I saw him quoted in an article, there's a good chance we got him as a bargain in the 4th round, and he will be starter quality.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Was never a fan of Fackrell. He looked like he only had one move and once NFL tackles are aware of that they own you (sort of like Clay, but he was a step faster and then developed a bull rush).
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Based on that Article I wouldn't be shocked if he gets cut unless Biegel isn't ready.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I doubt he gets cut this year but he just doesn't seem like a player. I was hoping he'd become the dude-who-was-on-the-texans-then-the-eagles-whose-name-escapes-me-but-is-also-lanky-and-white. Doesn't seem likely though.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I doubt he gets cut this year but he just doesn't seem like a player. I was hoping he'd become the dude-who-was-on-the-texans-then-the-eagles-whose-name-escapes-me-but-is-also-lanky-and-white. Doesn't seem likely though.
    Connor Barwin?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I thought Fackrell was okay tonight. Elliott was better.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries
    Didn't like the picks from day one; still don't like it. Hopefully Beigel is better from day one.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Connor Barwin?
    Yep that's the one. He's a long, long, long way from Barwin. Sucks, but he is looking like a pretty epic bust.

I really, really wanted the Pack to sign Connor Barwin this offseason. Especially after seeing the very reasonable deal he got from the Rams. He's a high motor guy who can put heat on the QB and he played pretty well for the Eagles when they were using a 3-4 D.

Fackrell reminds me of that safety from some Virginia team they took a few years ago. Tall, rangy, fast - and a complete bust. I think that guy was a third or fourth rounder.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Fackrell reminds me of that safety from some Virginia team they took a few years ago. Tall, rangy, fast - and a complete bust. I think that guy was a third or fourth rounder.
    Aaron Rouse...Go Hokies!

Yeah, Aaron Rouse. Had all the tools, physically. I think he made one incredible interception and return during one game, maybe a preseason game. But he just weren't a player.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Yeah, Aaron Rouse. Had all the tools, physically. I think he made one incredible interception and return during one game, maybe a preseason game. But he just weren't a player.
    I remember that. It was in the red zone against Peyton Manning.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

That was a huge gaffe by Manning, or maybe a no-give-a-shit gift in a game that was already out of hand.

Fackrell showed something last year. He seemed to disappear late in the season but before that he was getting pressure.

Really stiff hips. Looked great running straight ahead. Changing direction was a real issue.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post

Fackrell showed something last year. He seemed to disappear late in the season but before that he was getting pressure.
    Yes he was. Like a real Packer, he then had a hamstring injury. I think his inability to keep weight on was a factor too.