Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Packers waiting for Fackrell to Produce

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Yeah, Aaron Rouse. Had all the tools, physically. I think he made one incredible interception and return during one game, maybe a preseason game. But he just weren't a player.
    It's been too long since pick 6s were common for the Packers. When was the last one? 2-3-4 years ago?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    It's been too long since pick 6s were common for the Packers. When was the last one? 2-3-4 years ago?
    Randall and Rollins each had one in 2015.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I fully, 110% expect to see the Packers pick up another OLB at cut down. There is no way they go in with Banged up Biegel, the two starters that are oft hurt, and Elliot, who also has an injury history I believe.

Fackrell was on my "do not draft" list...

Standing for the team photo - he looks the part; but, he simply doesn't have a single "quick twitch" muscle in his body. The plays he made in college - he barely made; I think it was obvious from the git-go that he wouldn't be able to compete at the NFL level.

When it comes to evaluating LB's - it seems like TT is always on the lookout for players that played the game the way he did, i.e. smart, technically sound, but in the end unathletic with a complete inability to actually make a play.

You would think that after all these years TT and the staff would be able to do some self-scouting and get this shit corrected, but they never do.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I fully, 110% expect to see the Packers pick up another OLB at cut down. There is no way they go in with Banged up Biegel, the two starters that are oft hurt, and Elliot, who also has an injury history I believe.
    This does seem like perhaps the weakest area on the team. It's like back in the day. Spahn and Sain and pray for rain.

But what kind of dregs are going to be available at cutdown? Even solid OLB's are in short supply in the NFL, specially ones who can rush the passer a little bit.

Is it too late to convert Christian Ringo?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Yup, TT builds his draft board around boring, bad athletes. That is why the GBP haven't made the playoffs for eight years running.

Ahmad Brooks is available. He is the perfect stop gap type guy. Would sign him immediately if off-the-field and health checks out.

Ahmad Brooks is available. He is the perfect stop gap type guy. Would sign him immediately if off-the-field and health checks out.
    Yes he is.

Ahmad Brooks on the way out in San Francisco
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

i loved that guy in college and wished we had gotten him in the supplemental draft that year.

guy never lived up to the hype, but he was a decent player

he is 33 though

but its not like we have a backup on the roster at OLB

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Fackrell was on my "do not draft" list...

Standing for the team photo - he looks the part; but, he simply doesn't have a single "quick twitch" muscle in his body. The plays he made in college - he barely made; I think it was obvious from the git-go that he wouldn't be able to compete at the NFL level.

When it comes to evaluating LB's - it seems like TT is always on the lookout for players that played the game the way he did, i.e. smart, technically sound, but in the end unathletic with a complete inability to actually make a play.

You would think that after all these years TT and the staff would be able to do some self-scouting and get this shit corrected, but they never do.
    I did a lot of draft study that year, and I never could figure out why everyone had the kid rated so highly. He was old, thin, and, as noted above, he kind of barely made plays. Oh well, for every Fackrell there's a Lowry.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    I did a lot of draft study that year, and I never could figure out why everyone had the kid rated so highly. He was old, thin, and, as noted above, he kind of barely made plays. Oh well, for every Fackrell there's a Lowry.
    Swede, Packerrats is still waiting for you to produce. Or for produce. Got a poem for us about a linemen with short arms, an ILB who is repulsed by QBs, and a Man(on) of the SPRIGGS?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Just so you know Rand, SPRIGGS™, is now trademarked.

Fackrell has speed and little else. Who was the other athletic prospect Ted had at OLB? Jeremy Thompson was it? KF looks worse on a pass rush.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Really stiff hips. Looked great running straight ahead. Changing direction was a real issue.
    Rouse looked great, but he was nuts in addition to being a stiff. He started for us vs the Bengals and played SO poorly, they cut him on Tuesday.