Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Redskins Gameday Thread

I finally got to watch the game this morning on NFL Network.

Josh Hawkins made some good plays, but he also got picked on and beat a lot. If he is our 4th, 5th, or 6th Corner, fine, but he needs to improve more to not be a weakness. We've got a LOT of fairly decent Corners, several of whom won't even make the team. What we really need is for somebody - Kevin King - to stand out from the crowd. I'd say the jury is still out on that. He too looked good at times but gave up some completions to some pretty average receivers.

Others I thought looked surprisingly good: Price and maybe Ringo in the D Line, Fackerell and Elliot (he's not a surprise for me) at OLB, Evans again at Safety, Donatello Brown at Corner, Taysom Hill (but he didn't seem as good on film as he looked just on the stat sheet), Aaron Jones, Geronimo Allison - quicker than I remembered him, that's about it.

Minor disappointments: Callahan, maybe Jamal Williams although he didn't get any blocking, the first and maybe second string O Lines, Yancey - after a good game last week, Trevor Davis - I see McCaffrey's only chance to make the team displacing Davis, and he's making progress toward doing that, Martellis Bennet - one good catch, one drop, Kendrick - are they not targeting him? Or is he just not getting open? That's all I can think of.

A lot more to be happy with than not.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Bacteria looked good. He's not the biggest and strongest LT, but he has great feet and good leverage. No one seems to get by him, even if they crunch the pocket a little from time to time.
    But if he goes down they are screwed.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    pretty much
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Lowry's injury looks like a hyperextension. http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017...inst-redskins/. At the :08 mark.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

It would be a hard call if Janis wasn't one of the top 2 ST'ers.

Since he is, he's on the roster.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    pretty much
    How many teams have multiple all-pro LTs on their squads?
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

The Packers are in better shape at tackle than in 2015 when Bach was hurt. Bulaga and Murphy could man the position there as well as Spriggs.

That year they had Sitton trying to fill in. I don't remember who the first backup was that year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The Packers are in better shape at tackle than in 2015 when Bach was hurt. Bulaga and Murphy could man the position there as well as Spriggs.

That year they had Sitton trying to fill in. I don't remember who the first backup was that year.
    Barclay, Sitton, Tretter, wasn't it?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Barclay, Sitton, Tretter, wasn't it?
    I think so, and Tretter did pretty good.

I think so, and Tretter did pretty good.
    Tretter will be sorely missed at some point this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

The depth and skill level on defense and the o line is a concern. Especially D. A lot of young unproven guys, and every year lately it seems like we have a defense that's not athletic, not physical, and not imposing. Always relying on smoke and mirrors, never a true threat. A-rod will have another stellar season. But it's hard for me to really buy in to our 53 man roster and their capability of winning a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    How many teams have multiple all-pro LTs on their squads?
    Who said they needed that? It's just that the drop off from Bac ain't good.

'could' - yes they could. The reason I and others think they are screwed is because Spriggs looks like a turnstile. Now, if Murphy is competent, they could survive, but we don't know. He's a question mark. Do people really think at this point Bulaga can step in at LT? He's solid, but RT is his position. I don't think he has that flexibility to go LT. Sure they're better off than having to plug Sitton in there, but so what? Better enough that they can afford to let whomever is in there go one on one? We know Stubby loves 'next man up' and will watch Rogers get killed for at least a half or so rather than change his offense (se at AZ, regular season 2015 if you don't believe me).

I will admit that it's kind of banal to say "If Bac goes down we're screwed" because yeah, most teams will struggle if they have a solid to dominant LT go down (P.S. Seattle: Ha Ha!). As TD so smartly points out, teams can't stockpile all-pro LTs.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Tretter will be sorely missed at some point this year.
    How many teams have multiple all-pro centers on their squads?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Lowry's injury looks like a hyperextension. http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017...inst-redskins/. At the :08 mark.
    Demovsky reports that it's not serious. Translation: he'll be day to day for the first half of the season.

How many teams have multiple all-pro centers on their squads?
    Apparently the Packers last year.

Apparently the Packers last year.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Demovsky reports that it's not serious. Translation: he'll be day to day for the first half of the season.
    We are on to how to read and interpret Packer reporting on injuries.

Montgomery - IR until after midseason.

Josh Jones - gone for the year

Randall - day to day for the first half of the season, like Lowry.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    We are on to how to read and interpret Packer reporting on injuries.

Montgomery - IR until after midseason.

Josh Jones - gone for the year

Randall - day to day for the first half of the season, like Lowry.
    You forgot Matthews, who will be placed on Preventive IR until December.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    You forgot Matthews, who will be placed on Preventive IR until December.
    I've heard worse suggestions.

Fantasy podcast speculation about Monty is that soft tissue injury is linked to sickle cell trait.

Apparently that trait leads to injuries you don't always see elsewhere, whether at altitude or not. Also affected Josh Brown of Arizona.

Take this with a grain of salt though because every FF expert out there is trying to draft Jamaal Williams and look smart doing it before he is named starter apparently.