Thread: PACKERS STILL HOPING SPRIGGS TRADE/DRAFT PICK WILL PAN OUT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't think Spriggs is a bad backup, but it does suck we had to use 2 picks to get him. I don't think he'll become a starter for us.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I don't think Spriggs is a bad backup, but it does suck we had to use 2 picks to get him. I don't think he'll become a starter for us.
    There is still time. Cliffy was ready Week 1, but Tauscher started because of an Earl Dotson injury (back).

Bach took his lumps the first two years. At times beat by both speed and power. Spriggs needs to solve one first then get better at other. I don't think he should ever be beaten by speed with his physical abilities. That is where I would start.

Once you throw up that wall, then work on counters.

Baranczyk thought his hands were unsettled, but I though he was too high on the corner and lost leverage.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    There is still time. Cliffy was ready Week 1, but Tauscher started because of an Earl Dotson injury (back).

Bach took his lumps the first two years. At times beat by both speed and power. Spriggs needs to solve one first then get better at other. I don't think he should ever be beaten by speed with his physical abilities. That is where I would start.

Baranczyk thought his hands were unsettled, but I though he was too high on the corner and lost leverage.
    I agree, his hands are OK. Every young player needs a better punch. Hell, Bakh has a crappy punch but makes up for it with tenacity and positioning. Thing is its a dance and you have to be in sync. If your hands are in position and your body isn't you end up holding. Its why I thought sherrod had a shot. His feet were so good for a mountain that he got in front of guys. Spriggs is the opposite, so athletic and long, but doesn't get in front of guys....wtf.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

Spriggs is still young and only going into his second season. Bak wasn't a world beater at this point in his career either. Spriggs showed promise last season so I think it is rather premature to give up on him after 2 preseason games this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Spriggs is still young and only going into his second season. Bak wasn't a world beater at this point in his career either. Spriggs showed promise last season so I think it is rather premature to give up on him after 2 preseason games this year.
    I've been a bakh detractor, but his tenacity is right there with Lang. Similar players. You need that streak of asshole to be a great DL (or you have to be a physical freak). Spriggs lacks that nastiness. He isn't the mountain sherrod was. He doesn't have Cliftons punch. Maybe he works hard and maiximizes his skills, but that will leave him an average RT is my guess.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.