Thread: PACKERS STILL HOPING SPRIGGS TRADE/DRAFT PICK WILL PAN OUT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    They both did, but Murphy was first. But that makes sense, Murphy has been the backup RT all camp.
    It doesn't make sense based on forum consensus last year. Spriggs was supposed to be the heir apparent to the mediocre Bahktiari. Then people spoke of all the wasted talent just sitting on the bench after Bahk was resigned. General opinion was the uber talented Spriggs would be first off the bench for either tackle position.

Not only was Bahk way better than Packer fan gave him credit but Spriggs has been way worse. And to top it off, Murphy has out performed Spriggs.

So yeah, it makes sense to those of us who've seen the fall of Spriggs happening, but to some, this is a surprise. He's a 2nd round pick being out played by a 6th.

I hope Spriggs gets it together and becomes a serviceable backup at both spots..... but I'm not holding my breath. TT needs to keep looking for a good backup LT next off season. Spriggs isn't good enough and needs to either step up or be pushed out.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    It doesn't make sense based on forum consensus last year. Spriggs was supposed to be the heir apparent to the mediocre Bahktiari. Then people spoke of all the wasted talent just sitting on the bench after Bahk was resigned. General opinion was the uber talented Spriggs would be first off the bench for either tackle position.

Not only was Bahk way better than Packer fan gave him credit but Spriggs has been way worse. And to top it off, Murphy has out performed Spriggs.

So yeah, it makes sense to those of us who've seen the fall of Spriggs happening, but to some, this is a surprise. He's a 2nd round pick being out played by a 6th.

I hope Spriggs gets it together and becomes a serviceable backup at both spots..... but I'm not holding my breath. TT needs to keep looking for a good backup LT next off season. Spriggs isn't good enough and needs to either step up or be pushed out.
    Spriggs was the primary backup for three positions last year and played at 2 of them I believe, in games. Meanwhile, Murphy was inactive most of the season. So unless you think McCarthy is in the habit of putting names and draft position on the game day active list instead of people who can help win, I do not understand your point.

No one thought talent was wasted on the bench. They were in desperate need of developmental talent at Tackle and both Spriggs and Murphy provided that last year.

Murphy is just having a better second camp now.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.