Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GREEN BAY PACKERS ACQUIRE LESEAN MCCOY

Blog Entries

GREEN BAY PACKERS ACQUIRE LESEAN MCCOY

OK....just shitting you...for now anyways. If you believe in the where is fuel there is fire mojo....check the Net.

Would Ted Thompson have the stones to pull this off ?

I'd start out by packaging Randall Cob and a Draft Pick

https://sportstalk360.com/buffalo-bi...alks-for-star/
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    besides cussing me out for being an @sshole......which I know I am...............I"m also curious if you at all bought into the title as being accurate.

in other words, think there is any imaginable way TTT could pull off something like this ??????

Bills need help at WR; a deal with them like this makes sense
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

It's not a bad idea, but not a snowball's chance in hell of it happening.

And yes, sorry to say I did buy into it.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

McCoy is 29 and has a fair amount of mileage on him. If they can get him for a relatively cheap price--say, something like what Marshawn Lynch brought when Buffalo traded him--then sure. No way does GB give up Adams and a 4 or a 1 or 2 as the article proposes.

They had me believing this was a possibility until they said the Packers had been dangling Adams. Then I knew the article was full BS. No fucking way Thompson trades a 24 year old ascending WR for a 29 year old RB. Also no way he would trade a first or second. This is a fan based article not a fact based one. 2 years of McCoy is what you're looking at and you set the price based off that.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    They had me believing this was a possibility until they said the Packers had been dangling Adams. Then I knew the article was full BS. No fucking way Thompson trades a 24 year old ascending WR for a 29 year old RB. Also no way he would trade a first or second. This is a fan based article not a fact based one. 2 years of McCoy is what you're looking at and you set the price based off that.

The deal that really makes sense is Randall Cobb and a draft pick for McCoy. No Brainer IMO

Is Shady really that good? He's an RB, they're a dime a dozen. We don't run anyway. The gang of jabronis we have will be sufficient. I agree Cobb is not the stud we thought he was, at least anymore or wasn't the past two years, but I still don't see the RB as that big of an upgrade I guess.

Give me a couple hours, I think we can swing Joe Thomas in this trade as well.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    It's not a bad idea, but not a snowball's chance in hell of it happening.

And yes, sorry to say I did buy into it.
    ^
    When he agrees you know it's a bad idea

Yea let's trade our future #1 WR for a RB who's about to hit 30....

The Seahawks traded for Lynch when he was 24 or 25. Doesn't make near as much sense to trade for a 29 or 30 y/o RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    The deal that really makes sense is Geronimo Allison and a draft pick for McCoy. No Brainer IMO
    FIFY!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    OK....just shitting you...for now anyways. If you believe in the where is fuel there is fire mojo....check the Net.

Would Ted Thompson have the stones to pull this off ?

I'd start out by packaging Randall Cob and a Draft Pick

https://sportstalk360.com/buffalo-bi...alks-for-star/

A first-contract 24 year old rising star plus a fourth or fifth round pick for an expensive 29 year old running back, when 29 is old by running back standards?

Would Ted Thompson have the stones to do this?

Only if he's got stones in his head.

TT can be criticized, I suppose, for being reluctant at times (though I don't agree with this criticism), but let's hope we can't criticize him for making flat-out stupid trades.

This is the kind of shit fans come up with. It'd be like saying "Hey, I hear the Oilers want Randall Cobb, and they are going to trade JJ Watt for him straight up!"
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    A first-contract 24 year old rising star plus a fourth or fifth round pick for an expensive 29 year old running back, when 29 is old by running back standards?

Would Ted Thompson have the stones to do this?

Only if he's got stones in his head.

TT can be criticized, I suppose, for being reluctant at times (though I don't agree with this criticism), but let's hope we can't criticize him for making flat-out stupid trades.

This is the kind of shit fans come up with. It'd be like saying "Hey, I hear the Oilers want Randall Cobb, and they are going to trade JJ Watt for him straight up!"
    Oilers?
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    FIFY!
    I don't even think I would do that trade. Straight up for a 4, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    Oilers?
    Fan speak.

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    Oilers?
    Fritz is thinking Hockey.

I'd trade them McCaffrey and Aaron Jones for Shady. Actually, if we trade a WR to BUF, it should be for an OLB or serviceable interior lineman.

if fat mike is that desperate for a running game to help a-rod then why the fuck didn't he do something about it in the off season (and no, throwing 3 late round draft picks at the problem isn't actually trying to fix it imo), and why in the flying fuck would you let lacy walk for next to nothing?

fat mike has had a capable running back in the past and we still relied on a-rod way too much. now he gets to draw up his long developing pass plays for 95% of the snaps like he seems to have always wanted to do

trading cobb for him would be a double win for us. we get a decent real NFL running back, and we get rid of our most expensive WR who adds next to nothing to the offense

and like others have said, trading adams AND draft picks for mccoy would be pretty stupid. maybe if they would give us Mccoy ANd a third round pick or so for adams, then maybe

Wouldn't do Cobb either...come on