Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: GREEN BAY PACKERS ACQUIRE LESEAN MCCOY

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    if fat mike is that desperate for a running game to help a-rod then why the fuck didn't he do something about it in the off season (and no, throwing 3 late round draft picks at the problem isn't actually trying to fix it imo), and why in the flying fuck would you let lacy walk for next to nothing?

There were reports that Eddie was starting to resemble Fat Mike physically. I think the Packers decided they'd had enough.

fat mike has had a capable running back in the past and we still relied on a-rod way too much. now he gets to draw up his long developing pass plays for 95% of the snaps like he seems to have always wanted to do

Packers had a fairly balanced attack before last year. Last year injuries to Lacy and Starks dictated more passing.

trading cobb for him would be a double win for us. we get a decent real NFL running back, and we get rid of our most expensive WR who adds next to nothing to the offense

I'd be on board with that, but who wants to trade for Cobb's salary?

and like others have said, trading adams AND draft picks for mccoy would be pretty stupid. maybe if they would give us Mccoy ANd a third round pick or so for adams, then maybe

Adams is young and ascending. Don't trade him.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

How quick people forget about Cobb's 3 TD game in the playoffs against the Giants

When healthy dude is still a play maker and dangerous weapon for us. I'll pass on screwing up team chemistry for a knuckle head player like McCoy who's about to hit 30 as HB.

just a reminder for those who say he brings next to nothing on offense...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PbZFqsDtgGE

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    just a reminder for those who say he brings next to nothing on offense...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PbZFqsDtgGE

644 total yards, 4 total touchdowns (in regular season)

clearly the #3 wr on the team last year

3rd highest cap number on the team, behind just a-rod and clay

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

There were reports that Eddie was starting to resemble Fat Mike physically. I think the Packers decided they'd had enough.
    seattle seems to have motivated him to lose weight

hard to get motivated to lose weight when the guy telling you that you have to lose weight is also a lazy fat fuck

hard to get motivated to lose weight when the guy telling you that you have to lose weight is also a lazy fat fuck
    It shouldn't be. Being out of shape has already cost him millions, as well as what should have been very productive years. Can't blame MM for Lacy's lack of motivation to stay in shape. There were warnings about Lacy before the Packers drafted him. He was out of shape at the Combine. Why do you think he lasted until the end of the 2nd round, when anybody could see he had 1st round talent?

Yea let's not act like he wasn't injuried last year or anything

That makes no sensea...a HC doesn't need to be in peak shape but a starting RB on a SB contending team does...you are just talking now.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It shouldn't be. Being out of shape has already cost him millions, as well as what should have been very productive years. Can't blame MM for Lacy's lack of motivation to stay in shape. There were warnings about Lacy before the Packers drafted him. He was out of shape at the Combine. Why do you think he lasted until the end of the 2nd round, when anybody could see he had 1st round talent?

Could you imagine if TT traded up and got Bell instead...but no he trades up in the 2nd for Spriggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Could you imagine if TT traded up and got Bell instead...but no he trades up in the 2nd for Spriggs.
    Well, if they had done that, Bell would weight about 250 now because MM is fat.

Lacy is struggling to hold off the 3rd string guy from getting 1st team reps. And he missed his weight target at camp (at least inferring from the lack of a press release).

And that miss of a weight target should sound very familiar to you after last year you caught him gaining weight after Tony Horton (or whoever it was) and before camp.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Lacy is struggling to hold off the 3rd string guy from getting 1st team reps. And he missed his weight target at camp (at least inferring from the lack of a press release).

And that miss of a weight target should sound very familiar to you after last year you caught him gaining weight after Tony Horton (or whoever it was) and before camp.
    I watched a bit of the Seattle game last night. Lacy is definitely thinner, but I didn't see the same power either. I didn't watch a lot though.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

I was looking for another thread and discovered this one. I said to myself:

" Did I miss something? "

Yes I did.

I missed an interesting bit of speculation.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I won't waste time looking, but I recall a scout being quoted somewhere about Lacy.

Some team is going to get this guy in the second round and for a short time is going to say "man did we ever get a steal!!" Then the real Lacy will show himself. Missed practices, nagging injuries. The production will tail off. They'll say "wait til he is healthy again, oh boy!" After 2 years of this his act will wear thin. They'll run him out of town with pitchforks.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I won't waste time looking, but I recall a scout being quoted somewhere about Lacy.

Some team is going to get this guy in the second round and for a short time is going to say "man did we ever get a steal!!" Then the real Lacy will show himself. Missed practices, nagging injuries. The production will tail off. They'll say "wait til he is healthy again, oh boy!" After 2 years of this his act will wear thin. They'll run him out of town with pitchforks.

As I get older, I find I now glance at billboards and thread titles and mis-read them. I thought Bretsky titled this thread "Packers Acquire Lesbian McCoy."

"Better than Lacy," I thought.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack