View Poll Results: WHO IS THE BEST HEAD COACH IN THE NFC ???

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pete Carroll

2 18.18%
  • We got him baby. Gotta Like Mike !!

8 72.73%
  • Bruce Ariens

0 0%
  • Sean Payton

0 0%
  • Other, and then you have to list in thread

1 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WHO IS THE BEST COACH IN THE NFC ??

Blog Entries

WHO IS THE BEST COACH IN THE NFC ??

Not much of a battle as to the top dog in the NFL. There is only one Hoody Genius and to boot now that he's hired Hoody Genius Jr as his OC it's a touch matchup on anybody.

But looking at the NFC...............We've chatted plenty about our head coach. But who's the top dog in the NFC ??
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I know you love you some Sean Payton, but dudes record speaks for itself. Over time, he has proven himself very overrated. Maybe above average and respected due to tenure, but where are the results? One superbowl, one NFCC game. At least MM has 4 NFCC appearances.

MM is the best coach in the NFC. He's still a mile from Hoody champ. 2nd best coach in the league isn't in the league right now and is coaching at Michigan. 3rd best coach in the league in his brother in Baltimore. 4th is probably MM.
    Last edited by call_me_ishmael; 08-25-2017 at 10:46 PM.

Blog Entries
    I have chilled on Payton; I still think he's decent though.

Statistically, I think Pete C and Mike M are pretty similar.

I think my preference, although I feel they are close, is with Carroll.

MM gets shredded in here sometimes ; I'm curious as to what others feel on the poll
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Definitely not Mike

Late game issues or no, no one else has delivered like the 3rd generation of Mike.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    am I missing something or has Pete Carroll not been every bit as good ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Definitely not Mike
    Then who is ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Yeah. Horse a piece. But we're packer fans..... and mm has done it longer

His offense suffers from the same deficiencies as the Packers defense has at times. He's been on target for his defense, but quite hit or miss on the O.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Yeah. Horse a piece. But we're packer fans..... and mm has done it longer
    Plus Carroll is a piece of shit human being. Also he coaches Seattle. That right there qualifies him to be hit by a cement truck. Maybe he can go back to college and get another college in trouble with the NCAA.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Plus Carroll is a piece of shit human being. Also he coaches Seattle. That right there qualifies him to be hit by a cement truck. Maybe he can go back to college and get another college in trouble with the NCAA.
    most coaches at this level are egotistical pricks. I"m asking for the top coach....character aside.

There are a lot of great human beings out there who sucked as coaches.

I'm just asking for the best NFC Coach

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    His offense suffers from the same deficiencies as the Packers defense has at times. He's been on target for his defense, but quite hit or miss on the O.
    pretty fair comments; and his expertise is on the defese where MM is on offense.
    Statistically......I think their NFL results with Seattle and GB are pretty close record wise.

my pot stirring poles and threads often attempt to drive people to take some sides. MM gets thrown under buses a lot.

IF he's not the best NFC Coach....I'm not sure who is. Well I placed my vote so others know my view. But I'd still put him as #2 in the NFC

I think Pete Carroll but almost went with bruce arians. Mm is third best nice, 5th or 6th best in league.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Homer or anti-homer, sane or insane, voting for Pete Carroll cannot be enjoyable. I'd rather watch Bostick 'recover' an onside kick than give Pete Carroll any sort of props. I hope he dies of gonorrhea and rots in hell.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Then who is ?
    Pete

Also call me crazy but I think we would be a better team with Mike Zimmerman as our head coach...defensive minded HC seems to be working for Brady

Also call me crazy but I think we would be a better team with Mike Zimmerman as our head coach...defensive minded HC seems to be working for Brady
    Yes, but he is the complete opposite of most former DC's when it comes to operating his offense.

Most former DC's go one of two ways (both of them wrong):

1. This used to drive me crazy, so it must be a good idea to base an offense around it. See wildcat offense, Rex Ryan, Tony Sparano and Brad Smith.

2. You cannot score on my defense if you do not possess the football. See Marty Schottenheimer and the run game, also late game's with a lead in the playoffs.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

You have to have the correct retinue of advisors for this to work. Keep an eye on Minnesota - has their offense improved? I think it shows poor vision to compare coaches to Belicheat - he's really the most successful coach in NFL history, seen through a lens that takes into account what he did as an 'assistant' coach too. Coaches should be viewed by their success relative to the entire league, not just some ideal. Maybe you aren't seeing the bigger picture or are a bit myopic, seeing through a glass darkly. Maybe go to the opthamologist for a new prescription?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Hire a good OC like BB and handle the defense...when you have a QB like Rodgers you're always going to put points up anyway. The reason Brady has 5 rings is because he always has a top 10 defense backing him up.

Hire a good OC like BB and handle the defense...when you have a QB like Rodgers you're always going to put points up anyway. The reason Brady has 5 rings is because he always has a top 10 defense backing him up.
    The OC is one thing, but Billy completely remade their offense after the 3rd Super Bowl, moving away from the Erhardt Offense he and Parcels had been running for so long. He does more than defense.