Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Broncos Gameday Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Nobody talks about Ringo much, but he's had some nice plays in the preseason.
    It's always Lennon and Mcartney, Lennon and Mccartney.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    I still can't believe Hoody Genius was asking for so much for his backup QB. Makes me wonder if he'll b the Pats QB in a yr or two
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Garbage just garbage I tell you.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Look like Murphy will be the starting RT if Bulaga can't go. Keep Bakhtiari in your prayers.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

So how did the backup backs look tonight?

1. Jones
    2. Mays
    3. Williams (if it was just pass catching, Wiliams would be #1)
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I feel good with Hundley as our backup. He could carry the team for a few games
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I feel good with Hundley as our backup. He could carry the team for a few games
    He's no Matt Flynn.

/he's better
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Another center down on the field. Patrick.

Running out of those guys.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Ringo was back in.

-Tim Harmston

McCray is your Center #3

So is Mike playing Hundley this much to make up for last year?

Showcase him for trade this year?

Showcase him for trade next offseason?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    So is Mike playing Hundley this much to make up for last year?

Showcase him for trade this year?

Showcase him for trade next offseason?
    Maybe wants to see how he holds up playing nearly the whole game. Plus, Callahan and Hill will probably play most of the game next week.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Got to be 20+ penalties tonight.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Got to be 20+ penalties tonight.
    And that's just on punts.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Yeah, it is over.

-Tim Harmston

Okay, I was 2-1 with Gameday threads. Somebody has to step up next week.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I dunno - you guys really made this game seem compelling. From the stream it looks like the game was pretty much a collection of penalties and SPRIGGS whiffing. I was gonna watch this thing after church tomorrow on NFLN. Now I might just mow the lawn instead.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I dunno - you guys really made this game seem compelling. From the stream it looks like the game was pretty much a collection of penalties and SPRIGGS whiffing. I was gonna watch this thing after church tomorrow on NFLN. Now I might just mow the lawn instead.
    Maybe you will get "lucky" and it will rain when you go to mow. It seems to happen to me a lot this year. Get time to mow, bam rain.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Random thoughts after watching the game (no it didn't rain, but grass really not long enough):

SPRIGGS™ looks really scrawny. Dude, lift some weights. I agree with PB - something must have happened - you can't fail with hand placement and foot movement as catastrophically as he does unless your mind ain't right. Maybe he had to fill and unfill a hole all off-season?

Justin McCray isn't 'large', doesn't have a 'big anchor' - he's just plain out fat.

Lucas Patrick got de-cleated and run over on one play. That's embarrassing.

Marwin Evans is a football player. Great awareness, instincts and hell, he even form tackles. Like him a lot.

I'm sick of guys lowering and turning their shoulder to make a tackle - see what you tackle, wrap up and drive the guy to the ground! (PS - Only Wayne Simmons is allowed to pick a guy up and body slam)

I was disappointed not to see Hill play more. Hope he gets an entire half on Thursday. He's a gamer - even moreso than Callahan. If they keep three QBs (or keep a third for the PS), it should be Hill (depending on Thursday of course).

Pipkins has some physical skills, but he's as raw as Ahi wrapped in seaweed. Gotta turn that head and look.

Kenny Clark seems like he's become a beast - I saw some really strong moves this preseason. Can't wait to see that interior D stuff some RBs come regular season.

Pass rush sucks - we all know this. Will it improve? Can't see how. Clay will have a hammy by week two or three and we won't see him full strength until week 12, if at all, so they better find someone else.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I like Evans too. I think Harvey was on his bandwagon last year when it was just a golf cart.

Pipkins has got to make the PS. He was all over that TD he gave up, physical and combative. Jut needs to recognize when to play for the ball. He's not huge, but kept his balance while fighting too.