Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahman Brooks coming for a visit

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar

Ahman Brooks coming for a visit

He may have one season left in the tank. If he's signed, who's on the outs for the roster? What does it say about Elliott and Biegel?
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    He may have one season left in the tank. If he's signed, who's on the outs for the roster? What does it say about Fackrell?
    Fixed

It's probably a combination. Fackrell's play. Elliott's back. Biegel's foot.

I don't know if TT would give up on a 3rd round pick after just one year. It hasn't happened yet.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

49ers switched to a 4-3 this year making Brooks expendable. Git er done TT!

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It's probably a combination. Fackrell's play. Elliott's back. Biegel's foot.

I don't know if TT would give up on a 3rd round pick after just one year. It hasn't happened yet.
    he gave up on a 4th rounder after 1 year and some change with mcmillian

I doubt they are done with Fackrell. Both Biegel and Perry were both on everyone's roster prior to Saturday night. Both are injured now.

Glad they called him, hope there is something in the tank. But even if all he does is hold an edge it could work.

Packer Report mentions that Brooks was moved out of position as off the ball OLB in their switch this year to a 4-3 from the 3-4. Brooks had good success in the 3-4 under Fangio, who learned it from Capers. So learning curve will be light.

http://scout.com/nfl/packers/Article...orps-106562367
    Last edited by pbmax; 08-27-2017 at 05:01 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Brandon's link says that Elliot aggravated his back Saturday night. Did he come out and stay out because of it?

PackerWire, which at this point is the best online source of actual, findable information about the Packers, says Elliot indeed aggravated his back and left, leading to Gilbert coming and staying in.

So my theory is that Elliot might be the odd man out if he will need weeks to recover fully.

Before anyone jumps off the cliff at Fuckdoggle Falls though, Packer Report seems to think Elliot's night ending early was as much preventative as anything else, if I am reading between the lines correctly.
    Last edited by pbmax; 08-27-2017 at 05:02 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Holy crap, Brooks has a case open from 2015 for sexual assault. He also was accused (no charges filed) of smashing a beer bottle over a teammates head in 2013. 2008 while with Bengals he was charged with fourth degree assault but charges were later dropped. He was also dismissed from the Virginia football team and entered the NF: via the supplemental draft.

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017...-ahmad-brooks/

Underwood might think he is Packer People at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He also was accused (no charges filed) of smashing a beer bottle over a teammates head in 2013.
    boys will be boys

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Holy crap, Brooks has a case open from 2015 for sexual assault. He also was accused (no charges filed) of smashing a beer bottle over a teammates head in 2013. 2008 while with Bengals he was charged with fourth degree assault but charges were later dropped. He was also dismissed from the Virginia football team and entered the NF: via the supplemental draft.

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017...-ahmad-brooks/

Underwood might think he is Packer People at this point.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ment/32444959/

From August 26, 2015:

San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks and former Niners defensive end Ray McDonald will face charges stemming from an incident last December in which a woman claims she was raped by McDonald.

A grand jury in Santa Clara County, Calif. on Wednesday indicted McDonald on one charge of raping an intoxicated person.

Prosecutors on the same day charged Brooks with misdemeanor sexual battery. The woman filed a civil lawsuit against Brooks earlier this year claiming that he touched her in a sexual manner on the same night she says she was assaulted by McDonald.
    The charges against McDonald were dismissed earlier this year when the woman refused to testify.

Blog Entries
    Brooks is super strong and has big time athleticism.

He was in town here and is real close to certifiably nuts.

So are a lot of NFL players.

Several Bengal coaches couldn't handle him, which lead to him getting his mail in SF.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Brooks is super strong and has big time athleticism.

He was in town here and is real close to certifiably nuts.

So are a lot of NFL players.

Several Bengal coaches couldn't handle him, which lead to him getting his mail in SF.
    Need those type of players on defense sometimes...I'll take him on a one year deal. I'm not hiring the guy to baby sit my kids here haha

In addition, Brooks still is facing sexual battery charges stemming from a 2014 incident at former 49ers teammate Ray McDonald’s home. According to the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s office, a pretrial motion is scheduled for Sept. 29 at which point a trial date will be set.
    This does complicate things a bit. Not crazy about bringing in a guy who will be dealing with this during the season. I imagine the Packers are trying to find out everything they can about this situation. The alleged victim refused to testify against McDonald, which probably means he paid her off. Could the same thing happen here?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Can Ahmad Green show him around town?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I'm all for bringing him in for a look, and if his skill level hasn't faded much, sign him. The craziness thing shouldn't be a problem if it can get channeled the right way. The charges against him sound like a hooker who didn't get paid until she filed on the players.

My guy Elliot didn't do much against the Broncos, maybe because of the injury; Fackrell is a project at best; The two starters are obviously injury prone. Gilbert and Calvin have both looked decent to me, but I think they have pretty low ceilings. And I'll be surprised if Biegel isn't on the PUP.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    Doesn't take a rocket Scientist to see our cup is not too full with depth and talent at LB. I always liked Wayne Simmons. Maybe he brings in the same kind of toughness.

One year deal; get it done TT
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Doesn't take a rocket Scientist to see our cup is not too full with depth and talent at LB. I always liked Wayne Simmons. Maybe he brings in the same kind of toughness.

One year deal; get it done TT
    This is exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Can Ahmad Green show him around town?
    No, Ahman Carroll has already been assigned that task.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    No, Ahman Carroll has already been assigned that task.
    Old news. Ahman Rashad tweeted this yesterday.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck