Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahman Brooks coming for a visit

All the talk in this forum about "packer people" and you want to bring in a certified maniac who attacks wives and team mates? Oh, and he is uncoachable. Morons.

What would Reggie White say? What would Randy Wright say? What would Betty White say?

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Too bad Aaron Hernandez hung himself - the team is desperate for a tough TE not afraid to go over the middle.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    All the talk in this forum about "packer people" and you want to bring in a certified maniac who attacks wives and team mates? Oh, and he is uncoachable. Morons.

What would Reggie White say? What would Randy Wright say? What would Betty White say?
    Pretty certain: go fuck yourself.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Too bad Aaron Hernandez hung himself - the team is desperate for a tough TE not afraid to go over the middle.
    I see, now a visit from a rough character equates to bringing in a murderer. Thanks for the hyperbole.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Tex, this boy is pretty nuts. He is good, tho. He can fill in at Mike in a pinch and is a solid run defender wherever he plays. Lost a step at PR, but must be accounted for. He is hard to handle and moody. A real coin flip type of cat. A solid player who might start beating the shit out of somebody on the bus. Has threatened coaches in the past. We need troops, maybe he has mellowed a little.

Y'all are overreacting...this locker room is strong enough to bring him in and it's only a one year deal if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Y'all are overreacting...this locker room is strong enough to bring him in and it's only a one year deal if it happens.
    This theory applies to any and every player who might be brought in.
    Are you OK with signing Kapernick?

The argument being made here is that Brooks' behavior is not so bad. He didn't murder anybody. Just a wife beater with crazy violent tendencies.

This defense needs some tough, nasty characters to help even out the pussys that Ted looks for. But he will probably come in and snarl and scare old Ted back into his safe place.

Can he sack the QB on one knee?

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Put the violent maniac at ILB. Its less of a need, but it'll provide the Ray Lews -> Haloti Ngata effect.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Put the violent maniac at ILB. Its less of a need, but it'll provide the Ray Lews -> Haloti Ngata effect.
    Ezekiel Elliot isn't a FA.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    This defense needs some tough, nasty characters to help even out the pussys that Ted looks for. But he will probably come in and snarl and scare old Ted back into his safe place.
    I'm going to tell Mike Daniels you said that.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I'm going to tell Mike Daniels you said that.
    Mike can't be the only bad ass. it will take 3 or 4 to even out Clay and the other pansies.

Football is a violent sport. They called Jack Tatum "The Assassin." But that doesn't mean you want Lee Harvey Oswald as your starting safety.

You want aggression. But not unrepentant wife beater aggression.

The idea that "the locker room" is going to keep some beast in check is ridiculous. I think team chemistry matters, and crazies are not worth it. Well, on the field crazy is negotiable.

Football is a violent sport. They called Jack Tatum "The Assassin." But that doesn't mean you want Lee Harvey Oswald as your starting safety.
    deep

What's would anyone white say

The argument being made here is that Brooks' behavior is not so bad. He didn't murder anybody. Just a wife beater with crazy violent tendencies.
    If you really comparing what Kapernick did to Brooks?

End of the day we aren't the law, Packer Peolpe PR crap can only go so far. Not like we are the Cowboys or Bengals....it's football, can't waste Rodgers prime years because we are afraid to sign rough necks on defense.

With news that Perry and Clay are banged up I'll be pissed if we don't sign him...this is a huge need!

FAs normally go to the first team who has given them the idea that they will meet (or come closest) to their contract desire.

So this probably means the Packers have a legit shot and interest in signing him. Otherwise, he would be flying to Denver.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.