Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordys last year in Packer uniform? Or a trade now even?

Jordys last year in Packer uniform? Or a trade now even?

The Packers will probably roll 7 deep at WR this year. 8 if you count Allison. Plus they should have a quality prospect or two on the practice squad. With Adams looking to break out as our #1 and Cobb being a legit 2...... Plus Allison is coming back and looks to be improved from an already good rookie year. So three legit guys we know can catch passes. Then we have a ton of good prospects who are running good routes and catching the ball......

At some point it's time to move on. Honestly, I could see Nelson traded now for a pick or very probably let go after this year.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Yeah who needs a proven #1 with great rapport with our Hall of Fame QB?
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Jordy is still a legit #1 receiver. Cobb never was. I think Cobb's play has declined more than Jordy's. If they're going to release someone after this year, I think it would be Cobb.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    this! lol

I think he said in a sideline interview or perhaps post game that he has 2 years left on his deal, and he maybe wants to play one or two years after that.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

No way to a trade, they would never get anywhere near his real value (to Packers) in exchange. I'm guessing he wouldn't bring more than a 3 or 4, and considering what he does for the Packer offense right now he's worth at least a pair of 1's. But even then, there would be a huge falloff, especially when they use 3 or more wides, and that would essentially cripple their aspirations for this year. I don't think I would take even a couple of D1s in exchange for a repeat of 2015.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    The Colts never recovered after losing Marvin Harrison.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    The Colts never recovered after losing Marvin Harrison.
    Uh.....The got the SB without him. Or was that sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    No way to a trade, they would never get anywhere near his real value (to Packers) in exchange. I'm guessing he wouldn't bring more than a 3 or 4, and considering what he does for the Packer offense right now he's worth at least a pair of 1's. But even then, there would be a huge falloff, especially when they use 3 or more wides, and that would essentially cripple their aspirations for this year. I don't think I would take even a couple of D1s in exchange for a repeat of 2015.

They're making a SB run this year. All hands on deck!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

no

just no

Smfh...this isn't Madden

Nelson is our white Donald Driver #lifer

Blog Entries
    IMO Cobb is the guy to trade; I don't think he's a strong #2. I'd roll with Jordy and Adams
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    IMO Cobb is the guy to trade; I don't think he's a strong #2. I'd roll with Jordy and Adams
    How did it feel to type that you want Adams over Cobb?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

That means a Mad posting can't be far behind.

#FresnoBatSignal
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    How did it feel to type that you want Adams over Cobb?
    Feels good; I am happy to be wrong when players turn out 2x better than I expected; although I do own Mad a Mea Culpa

Would much rather have this occur than be right like I was with wanna be's like Justine and Sherry and all the others..lol
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I thought this was the last year on his deal.... changes things knowing he's got another year on the current deals

At some point someone's gotta go. Adams is 23 years old and really good. He needs to stay. So it's between Cobb and Nelson. Nelson is getting old.

Adams has a lot more to prove imo. If they didn't trade wussy boy Clay there is no way they trade Jordy.

Blog Entries
    Fackrell is SO awful.

This is definitely Cobb's last year, he's all hit out.

This is a lot of little kids first Packer game.

The Pack is such a cool franchise.

(wrong thread)

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Uh.....The got the SB without him. Or was that sarcasm?
    Yes

Rodgers likes his trusty #1 guy (Jennings, Nelson, ?). Packers would need to find their Reggie Wayne; is it really Adams or someone yet to be drafted?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck