Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Ready For Muhammad Wilkerson

Get Ready For Muhammad Wilkerson

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Despite announcing it last week, the #Jets haven’t officially released DE Muhammad Wilkerson yet. That should happen today... and I’m told his first free agent visit is likely to be with the #Packers. New defensive coordinator Mike Pettine could help rejuvenate his career.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
    Two notes: 1. Pettine coached Wilkerson in 2011 & ‘12 and helped groom him into a Pro Bowler. 2. Because he’s cut, it won’t affect the #Packers compensatory pick formula
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

This just feels so much like Sean Gilbert. All the talent, five cent head. Coaches convinced they can get him to fly right.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Fly him in and don't let him leave town without a contract.

Imagine Wilk, Clark and Daniels wreaking havoc, man, that's getting me excited.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    This just feels so much like Sean Gilbert. All the talent, five cent head. Coaches convinced they can get him to fly right.
    Or Santana Dotson. Once promising career had unraveled but was revived in Green Bay.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    We'll take all the help we can get on defense. Or offense. Or shoveling snow from the stadium.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Or Santana Dotson. Once promising career had unraveled but was revived in Green Bay.

He was a casualty of a coaching change, wasn't he? Dungy and Kiffin reworked the defense and Dotson was not going to fit.

I don’t know, if we’re finally gonna spend, is that the position to spend on?

I thought d line was probably the one position where we were good at this off-season

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He was a casualty of a coaching change, wasn't he? Dungy and Kiffin reworked the defense and Dotson was not going to fit.
    You may be right. I never understood why his career seemed to go downhill there after such a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

I thought d line was probably the one position where we were good at this off-season
    He was twice a double-digit sack guy though. If Pettine could get him back to that, he would bring a dimension the Packers don't have on the DL.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

I thought the same thing but Pettine might plan to play a 3-4 hybrid that more often features 3 down lineman than Capers favored. So you will see some 3 man lines with Clark at nose, Daniels at 3 tech or end, Lowry or Wilkerson at 5 tech end and then one OLB/Elephant. Runs downs that EDGE would be Perry, pass downs all bets are off. Matthews will be all over the place.

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
    NFL transaction wire shows the #Jets have officially released DE Muhammad Wilkerson. That means discussions can begin between teams and Wilkerson's agent. Expect the #Packers to throw their hat in the ring right away.

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13
    #Packers defensive coordinator Mike Pettine lobbied hard for Wilkerson during the pre-draft process in 2011. #Jets wound up taking him with their first-round pick.

Oh good. Coaches lobbying for players in the draft. That always goes well #TorranceMarshall

His production tanked after a big contract, and he was suspended for missing a meeting. Serious red flags that make him look like fat Albert. Maybe there were other factors, but the Packers better make sure, if they are thinking of giving him a significant contract.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    His production tanked after a big contract, and he was suspended for missing a meeting. Serious red flags that make him look like fat Albert. Maybe there were other factors, but the Packers better make sure, if they are thinking of giving him a significant contract.
    It would need to be a contract he has to earn i.e. a contract without a ton of guaranteed money.

Don't back off now, Joe! Throw money at the guy!! All kinds of money!! Sign free agents with big names! Get him before the Redskins do!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Don't back off now, Joe! Throw money at the guy!! All kinds of money!! Sign free agents with big names! Get him before the Redskins do!
    I remember REALLY wanting the Packers to get Wilkerson in 2011. Jets took him with the 30th pick. Packers took Sherrod with the 32nd pick.

Blog Entries
    loved the dude coming out of college

What would he cost annually ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    He just wanted out of there, can you blame the guy?
    #ButtFumbleFranchise

I think he puts out when he gets here. Take that however you like.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post

No idea. A guy who declines after signing a big contract will scare a lot of teams off.

#10 salary for DE's is 11M. #20 is 7.5M. #30 is 5.25M.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post

i found this in an article from 3 weeks ago

I know of one team, anticipating his release, that has mulled the idea of giving him $5 million for 2018 -- and that might be a stretch.
    article here

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-je...argaining-chip

I'd give him 5M with incentives for more. That's assuming that Pettine, who coached him, thinks he can get something out of him.