Thread: Guess Aaron's Extension

Guess Aaron's Extension

I am going to guess 3 years, 100M, fully guaranteed.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    lewd
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I am going to guess 3 years, 100M, fully guaranteed.
    NOT even close ! Aaron Rodgers and his Agent will command a Contract of 4 Years and in the Ballpark of $180 Million Dollars.

Let's play:NFL Player Agent and start with the current NFL's highest paid player.

The Detroit Lions QB Matthew Stafford signed a five-year contract extension:

** Including a $50 million signing bonus,

** $92 million guaranteed and $135 million in total salary

All that dough and he hasn't been awarded an NFL MVP.

Matthew Stafford has zero playoff wins and an overall record of 51-58.

I'll go at least 1.5 TIMES that amount you predict to $150 Million$ minimum as a bottom line.

Yet... let`s look at this closer:

Aaron Rodgers Record as a starting QB is 90-45 overall and he`s 9-7 in the playoffs.

Aaron Rodgers already has one Super Bowl Ring and Two NFL MVPs on his impressive Resume.

Aaron Rodgers is generally deemed by NFL Experts as the Marquis or absolutely most talented NFL Player playing today.

Aaron Rodgers is the Green Bay Packers. By that I mean, Arod elevates every player on the the Packers and puts that entire franchise on his back. We saw a PROOF of that as `a fact` last season. Aaron Rodgers elevated his status by not playing as the Packers Starting QB.

If I was Aaron Rodgers Player Agent:

This Players Agent is asking for a Four Year Contract for Aaron Rodgers and I want $120 Million Guaranteed and a Signing Bonus of a Cool $60 Million.

Therefore I expect the Green Bay Packers to Reward my client Aaron Rodgers with a Four (4) Year Contract and including that Signing BONUS at a Total VALUE to the Green Bay Packers of $180 Million Smackeroo`s.

If your going to play the BEST you must pay the BEST.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Hair or penis?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

More than I'll make in my lifetime?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

It'll average $30 million, and 3 years will effectively be guaranteed.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Vet minimum.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    It'll average $30 million, and 3 years will effectively be guaranteed.
    I would argue that no matter what his contract is, it will effectively be guaranteed since he isn't getting cut period in the next 3-4 years. Even if he stunk it up for two years straight, it would be tough to justify it, ya know? It would take a crazy Bridgewater type of injury, and even then they have insurance for that so it's not like the org is on the hook for the money.

That's what's kind of silly to me about all the "fully guaranteed" contract talk. It makes way more sense and is a bigger deal to Cousins then say Luck, Rodgers or Brady because they're not getting cut anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I would argue that no matter what his contract is, it will effectively be guaranteed since he isn't getting cut period in the next 3-4 years. Even if he stunk it up for two years straight, it would be tough to justify it, ya know? It would take a crazy Bridgewater type of injury, and even then they have insurance for that so it's not like the org is on the hook for the money.

That's what's kind of silly to me about all the "fully guaranteed" contract talk. It makes way more sense and is a bigger deal to Cousins then say Luck, Rodgers or Brady because they're not getting cut anyway.
    A majority of the supposed guarantees you see advertised in contracts these days are susceptible to a guy getting cut. Its the downside of the famous "injury guarantee". Many of the bonuses are susceptible to injury (hard to get game day bonuses if you are on IR, good luck with Luck cashing in on Pro Bowl or MVP money).

If Luck is let go next year because his shoulder is shot, he will lose a substantial portion of his "guarantees" and "bonuses".

The only thing guaranteed is up front money. Teams would prefer not to pay it that way. Its really all you need to know.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    A majority of the supposed guarantees you see advertised in contracts these days are susceptible to a guy getting cut. Its the downside of the famous "injury guarantee". Many of the bonuses are susceptible to injury (hard to get game day bonuses if you are on IR, good luck with Luck cashing in on Pro Bowl or MVP money).

If Luck is let go next year because his shoulder is shot, he will lose a substantial portion of his "guarantees" and "bonuses".

The only thing guaranteed is up front money. Teams would prefer not to pay it that way. Its really all you need to know.
    YUP and Aaron Rodgers and whomever is representing him know that.

His Signing BONUS will be huge !

Personally I'd like to see him thinking like Tom Brady.

It'll be interesting to see where that 'chip on his shoulder' attitude will take Packer Brass.

Aaron has reached a position of certain status that he can speak out. Will the Packer BRASS entertain any of that?

That stuff and his reaction to losing Jordy Nelson was revealing and who Aaron Rodgers really is.

I believe a LOYAL Person deserves LOYALTY. I think Aaron Rodgers thinks the same.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau