Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jordys last year in Packer uniform? Or a trade now even?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    If they didn't trade wussy boy Clay
    You certainly don't think they'd get anything of value for Clay, do you?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    You certainly don't think they'd get anything of value for Clay, do you?
    Not to mention that except for Justin Houston, Clay has more sacks per active game over the last five years than anyone (if I remember the stat right).
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

They're not trading Matthews; Almost as surely, they aren't trading Nelson now.

As for next year, if in fact he does have a major bounce back year, he ain't going anyplace. If he fades or even stays the same, it really could be his last season here.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I was far less impressed with Hundley this exhibition season than I was two summers ago; thus my ridonkulous scenario of two years ago (trade Aaron Rodgers for a boatload of high draft picks) is no longer even a wisp of a thought. In fact, I never said it.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I don’t sound so crazy a year later.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I don’t sound so crazy a year later.
    you didn't a year ago either.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    No way to a trade, they would never get anywhere near his real value (to Packers) in exchange. I'm guessing he wouldn't bring more than a 3 or 4, and considering what he does for the Packer offense right now he's worth at least a pair of 1's. But even then, there would be a huge falloff, especially when they use 3 or more wides, and that would essentially cripple their aspirations for this year. I don't think I would take even a couple of D1s in exchange for a repeat of 2015.
    Hahahahah Plus PLUS !

Here's where 'the Kool Aid Gang' designation might begin at it's TOP; but certainly this Post (if it's serious) would find you in that non exclusive Club here at Packerrats.

Yes ... this Post deems you have a great thirst for that certain beverage! Ahh Dear !

There was no Green Lime available; all the same I placed yours on some nice GREEN Grass.

First Guy: Hello (Packer GM). We're interested in acquiring another WR and wondering what it would take to acquire ahhhhh if I may dare ask uhh well uhh Gee dahh; how will I put this Ohh I know (pause) Jordy Nelson

Packer GM: Yea well ...we'll deal Jordy but it'll take TWO FIRSTS this year and next and a third this year.

Dial Tone.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I was far less impressed with Hundley this exhibition season than I was two summers ago; thus my ridonkulous scenario of two years ago (trade Aaron Rodgers for a boatload of high draft picks) is no longer even a wisp of a thought. In fact, I never said it.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

We were warned.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

you didn't a year ago either.
    Glad you are back. I am gonna need a 4,000 word breakdown of Kizer if you please.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Glad you are back. I am gonna need a 4,000 word breakdown of Kizer if you please.
    I don't have the strength for that. Bottom line is Kizer has a high ceiling. He has the size and strength and moxie to be a starting QB, maybe even a pro bowl caliber guy. But man does he need seasoning. But you have to remember that Cleveland had virtually nothing at WR last year. They had malcontents (Britt), pot heads (Gordo for a few games), injured former top picks (Coleman), and extremely young TEs. Kizer could move the offense, but his hesitations (lack of confidence in himself, receivers) caused most of his 22 INTs. It was really awful in Cleveland. Britt makes Bennett look like a dedicated team player. Gordon had more yards in 5 games than Coleman had in 9. Plus Coleman had several game-killing drops. Ugly offense due to no talent. Their top receiver was Duke Johnson, a running back - and he had about 700 yards receiving - about TWICE as much as their top receiver - who was the nobody TE Seth Devalve. Think about that for a while.

I don't have the strength for that. Bottom line is Kizer has a high ceiling. He has the size and strength and moxie to be a starting QB, maybe even a pro bowl caliber guy. But man does he need seasoning. But you have to remember that Cleveland had virtually nothing at WR last year. They had malcontents (Britt), pot heads (Gordo for a few games), injured former top picks (Coleman), and extremely young TEs. Kizer could move the offense, but his hesitations (lack of confidence in himself, receivers) caused most of his 22 INTs. It was really awful in Cleveland. Britt makes Bennett look like a dedicated team player. Gordon had more yards in 5 games than Coleman had in 9. Plus Coleman had several game-killing drops. Ugly offense due to no talent. Their top receiver was Duke Johnson, a running back - and he had about 700 yards receiving - about TWICE as much as their top receiver - who was the nobody TE Seth Devalve. Think about that for a while.

Somehow, ranting about how bad the Browns offense was makes me feel better.

I think.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Now if only Dr. John Holmes, PhD would return.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Now if only Dr. John Holmes, PhD would return.
    May I have People With Borderline Personalty Disorder for $100.00 Alex.

Jordy Nelson was more than just a receiver

In the same post in which I admit to having misjudged (badly) Hundley's upside, I also turn out to have been prescient about his downside. Funny.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I'm tuned in 'of course' to the NFL Network this Morn'.

I'm really quite surprised at the LOVE these people feel for Jordy Nelson.

One member of the Panel went so far as to say that Jordy Nelson is his personal favourite All Time Green Bay Packer.

Jordy 'Eldorado' Nelson

Jordy was my Packer Wide Receiver and that's my Ride.

Favourite All Time Packers:

1. NO.4 Brett Favre
    2. NO.12 Aaron Rodgers
    3. NO. 80 Donald Driver
    4. NO.87 Jordy Nelson
    5. NO.66 Ray Nitschke

I chose them because of their tremendous attitudes and heart for the game of football.They all exemplify what it means to be 'a Green Bay Packer'.

I can't wait to see which NFL Team will scoop up this man's heart for the game of football. I believe his best fit is as a New England Patriot. Tom Brady has to be drooling over the prospect of Bill Belichick wanting Jordy. I know that Pat Fans certainly are wanting Jordy Nelson catching 'Tom Terrific' passes. It's certainly the very best fit for Jordy except for his love of Farming being a consideration. So what's a short commute got to do with winning another Super Bowl Championship and that Ring!?
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 03-15-2018 at 10:15 AM.

How soon Management forgets:

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    How soon Management forgets:
    So your view is that the Packers should have kept Nelson and paid him the 9.25 million and taken a 12.5 million cap hit for him this year?