Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jordys last year in Packer uniform? Or a trade now even?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I don't have the strength for that. Bottom line is Kizer has a high ceiling. He has the size and strength and moxie to be a starting QB, maybe even a pro bowl caliber guy. But man does he need seasoning. But you have to remember that Cleveland had virtually nothing at WR last year. They had malcontents (Britt), pot heads (Gordo for a few games), injured former top picks (Coleman), and extremely young TEs. Kizer could move the offense, but his hesitations (lack of confidence in himself, receivers) caused most of his 22 INTs. It was really awful in Cleveland. Britt makes Bennett look like a dedicated team player. Gordon had more yards in 5 games than Coleman had in 9. Plus Coleman had several game-killing drops. Ugly offense due to no talent. Their top receiver was Duke Johnson, a running back - and he had about 700 yards receiving - about TWICE as much as their top receiver - who was the nobody TE Seth Devalve. Think about that for a while.
    Agree 100%. Kizer has a lot of potential. When the kid has some confidence and swagger, he can be very effective. When he hits a rough spot, he jumps out of the wheelhouse and lands in the water . He is similar to Hundley physically, but I think he has a much higher ceiling than Brett II.

We now have a player similar to BH, with two more seasons to grow.

It sounds like Jordy is going to sign with the Raiders. It will be interesting to see what his new contract is. I'm glad he isn't in the NFC or NE.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    It sounds like Jordy is going to sign with the Raiders. It will be interesting to see what his new contract is. I'm glad he isn't in the NFC or NE.
    Yup !

Report: Jordy Nelson expected to sign w/OAK Thurs. Mar 15, 2018 - 11:36 AM

" Nelson is still in Oakland after visiting with the Raiders on Wednesday, and a source told Schefter, "This is going to get done." Nelson is clearly on the back nine of his career, but he would be a solid red-zone option for Derek Carr. "
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

The word just now from Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network is that Oakland is giving Jordy Nelson his Physical.

He'll then in all likelihood be inked to what looks like a $7 Million$ CAP Hit.

Jordy Nelson will soon be photographed in Raider Black and White. Good for him.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    The word just now from Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network is that Oakland is giving Jordy Nelson his Physical.

He'll then in all likelihood be inked to what looks like a $7 Million$ CAP Hit.

Jordy Nelson will soon be photographed in Raider Black and White. Good for him.

Watch him go all thuggish and shit.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
    If the #Raiders finalize a deal with WR Jordy Nelson, they are likely to release WR Michael Crabtree, who has a $7.7M cap hit. That is in their plans.

The cap hit is Crabtree. Nelson's numbers not mentioned.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The latest I'm hearing right now is that there might be a Bidding WAR developing for Jordy Nelson's services.

The NO Saints may be making a serious bid for him.

Jordy Nelson has visits scheduled with the Oakland Raiders, the Seattle Seahawks and New Orleans Saints, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

A profootballtalk.com report suggests the Patriots are his top target.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Watch him go all thuggish and shit.
    I wouldn't be shocked to see this turn around 180 degrees and Green Bay brings Jordy Nelson back

I'm trying to just infer that Aaron Rodgers was a little upset to see the Packers 'low ball Jordy Nelson'; SOLID sources claim that is the TRUTH.

Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson are Friends.

I think Aaron has a bigger input into what the BRASS Knobs are thinking and planning on doing NOT doing than most of you.

Heaven forbid that the finest talent in the NFL and a real smart mind might know what he needs to win.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
    If the #Raiders finalize a deal with WR Jordy Nelson, they are likely to release WR Michael Crabtree, who has a $7.7M cap hit. That is in their plans.

The cap hit is Crabtree. Nelson's numbers not mentioned.
    The last number was a specific $7 Million$ CAP hit as the proposed cost for the Oakland Raiders to acquire Jordy Nelson ..if...he agrees with that offer.

Yes if that goes down the Rumour is that the Raiders will say Bye Bye to Crabtree.

Ian Rapoport:

The Saints are making a "hard push" for free agent Jordy Nelson.

It was reported earlier that Nelson was close to signing with Oakland after visiting the Raiders on Wednesday but Rapoport confirms it's "not a done deal."

In addition to the Saints, the Seahawks are also making a run at Nelson.

The 33-year-old finished last season on a 10-game touchdown drought but obviously teams still feel he has something to offer. .............Mar 15 - 2:19 PM

It's offically done and being Reported by the NFL Networks Former Packer WR James Jones and >>> Ian Rapoport:

The Oakland Raiders will be the winner for the services of Jordy Nelson's.

2 Years in the Deal worth 15 Million or 7.5 Million per Season.

As stated elsewhere, $15M with $13M guaranteed. No thanks.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    As stated elsewhere, $15M with $13M guaranteed. No thanks.
    I was thinking $10 mil and $5 guaranteed would be the max anyone would go. Jordy will do better than with Hundley, but he won't do as well as with Rodgers. Gotta think Gruden sees him as much closer to Jurevicius than Keyshawn.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I was thinking $10 mil and $5 guaranteed would be the max anyone would go. Jordy will do better than with Hundley, but he won't do as well as with Rodgers. Gotta think Gruden sees him as much closer to Jurevicius than Keyshawn.
    I bet the Packers were thinking around $5M - $7M for two years with half guaranteed.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...son/429119002/

I'm sad to read this article. I get that Jordy is far past his prime, but I do believe he still has a lot to offer and could really have helped the Pack. The fact that he was even considering a really, really low offer from the Packers would lead me to ask why they couldn't just give him a little bit more to keep him around for a year or two. It's undeniable he has off-the-charts chemistry with 12. Now we will probably bring in a rookie who will take years to develop into that. I guess I'm sad it had to go down this way, and sad we disrespected him a little. I guess that's business, though

I bet the Packers were thinking around $5M - $7M for two years with half guaranteed.
    James Jones and anonymous source to Wilde said they were barely above the vet minimum.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by SavedByGrace View Post
    http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...son/429119002/

I'm sad to read this article. I get that Jordy is far past his prime, but I do believe he still has a lot to offer and could really have helped the Pack. The fact that he was even considering a really, really low offer from the Packers would lead me to ask why they couldn't just give him a little bit more to keep him around for a year or two. It's undeniable he has off-the-charts chemistry with 12. Now we will probably bring in a rookie who will take years to develop into that. I guess I'm sad it had to go down this way, and sad we disrespected him a little. I guess that's business, though
    I'm with you and this one.

I'm very sure from all I got on this that Aaron Rodgers wasn't impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    James Jones and anonymous source to Wilde said they were barely above the vet minimum.
    I saw the James Jones story. I guess some could see it as insulting to offer a contract around vet minimum (this is unconfirmed). I see no problem with offering Jordy $1-3M to stick around another year or two.

Paying him anything close to his current contract or what the Raiders are paying him is ridiculous. Lesson learned - just cut the player next time and move one.

I saw the James Jones story. I guess some could see it as insulting to offer a contract around vet minimum (this is unconfirmed). I see no problem with offering Jordy $1-3M to stick around another year or two.

Paying him anything close to his current contract or what the Raiders are paying him is ridiculous. Lesson learned - just cut the player next time and move one.
    When TT decided to move on from Charles Woodson because his contract was too expensive, they just cut him. Given Woodson's stature, they weren't going to ask him to take a huge pay cut. Should have done the same thing here.

" I was thinking $10 mil and $5 guaranteed would be the max anyone would go. Jordy will do better than with Hundley, but he won't do as well as with Rodgers. Gotta think Gruden sees him as much closer to Jurevicius than Keyshawn. " mraynrand

The response to above:

"I bet the Packers were thinking around $5M - $7M for two years with half guaranteed." Teamcheez1

Comment woodbuck27:

Her expression overhearing the conversation of two men wearing Packer hats in the Coffee Shop.

Last edited by woodbuck27; 03-16-2018 at 02:24 PM.