Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Jordys last year in Packer uniform? Or a trade now even?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Is that your mistress? I won't tell Mae.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    When TT decided to move on from Charles Woodson because his contract was too expensive, they just cut him. Given Woodson's stature, they weren't going to ask him to take a huge pay cut. Should have done the same thing here.
    QFT. This comes under the category of "It's not what you say, it's how you say it." The Packers have the right to move on from any player, but when it's an all-time player, show respect and don't low-ball. Just move on and let him make a fresh start.

I wonder if they tried to trade him.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Blog Entries
    KUDOS TO THE THREAD ORGINATOR FOR CALLING THIS

MAY I SUGGEST AN ANNUAL THREAD ?

WHO'S NEXT ??
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I saw the James Jones story. I guess some could see it as insulting to offer a contract around vet minimum (this is unconfirmed). I see no problem with offering Jordy $1-3M to stick around another year or two.

Paying him anything close to his current contract or what the Raiders are paying him is ridiculous. Lesson learned - just cut the player next time and move one.
    Its insulting if the agent has pocketed offers from two other teams with $10+ mil guaranteed. Sometimes the information about the market just walks into your offer and gives it to you.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    KUDOS TO THE THREAD ORGINATOR FOR CALLING THIS

MAY I SUGGEST AN ANNUAL THREAD ?

WHO'S NEXT ??
    Don't pick Matthews Justin, that is too easy!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    " I was thinking $10 mil and $5 guaranteed would be the max anyone would go. Jordy will do better than with Hundley, but he won't do as well as with Rodgers. Gotta think Gruden sees him as much closer to Jurevicius than Keyshawn. " mraynrand

The response to above:

"I bet the Packers were thinking around $5M - $7M for two years with half guaranteed." Teamcheez1

Comment woodbuck27:

Her expression overhearing the conversation of two men wearing Packer hats in the Coffee Shop.

Joe: "Is that your mistress? I won't tell Mae."

Mistress, daughter - if you're Donald Trump, it's all the same.

And lest you tell me to take it to the Garbage Can, may I point out that I am simply making a point about Tramon Williams and his skillset relative to his age. I think.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack