Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SUPRISE CUT ??????????? POST IT WITH STONES

Blog Entries

SUPRISE CUT ??????????? POST IT WITH STONES

ANYBODY WANT TO GO OUT ON THE LIMB AND POST A SUPRISE CUT OR TWO ????

Give it your best shot.......Plodder...Fackrell...Spriggs....are they worthless and replaceable projects while others are simply better players....more upside...etc.........

I think they all get the I'm a Ted high draft pick so giving them more time pass..but looking for views.

WHAT SUPRISES DO WE HEAR ABOUT SATURDAY ??????????
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Allison on O and Gunter on D are the two I'm watching. The longer the preseason goes on, the more likely it seems Allison will stick (the rookie WRs faded a bit). But those have been the two I've been eyeing all offseason.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

I thnk Fackrell. Gunter probably played well enough tonight to get another year.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I think Kuhn gets the ax. He;s just hanging on as a fan favorite.

Gunter ain't going anyplace. A real long shot would be Randall Cobb, but I guess I don't have the "stones" to predict him, just mention him hahahahaha.

Barclay wouldn't qualify as a surprise. Neither would Kerridge.

How about Jake Ryan? He and Martinez played last night; I don't think Joe Thomas did - which could mean Thomas is ahead of the other two, and Martinez is better than Ryan. But no, none of the backups are any good either - just a mention, not a prediction.

Sorry, I don't see any surprises - I could go with Fackrell, but that also wouldn't be much of a surprise.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Now that Brooks is in the fold and Gilbert has flashed some potential, I'm going to say that they'll part ways with Fackrell.

I believe Ted does things the same ways over and over, until fans bitterly resign themselves to 1. He never signs free agents, 2. He never trades up, or 3. Whatever the current criticism is - and then Ted does the opposite. He's only doing all this to fuck with fans. That's his MO.

Therefore, he will cut a high-round draft pick who's still young but has shown little. That would be Fackrell.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    ARod, look how little he played. He must be on the outs with MM and TT.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I have a hard time with Fackrell. He's one of Ted's draft picks. He seems to struggle to just give up on them.

I could see Gunter getting cut, or traded. They will not cut Cobb, so let it go. They will not cut Spriggs, so let it go. Dick Rodg could get traded? Allison is interesting, but doubt they'd cut him, he has potential. I HOPE they cut Janis. I'll go back his house for him. Then there is Williams, Jones, & Mays at HB. Williams and Jones have had flashes, as has Mays...do they keep 4 HB? 2 Fullbacks are doubtful.

I don't think they'll cut Barclay. He's been hurt. Quick side note, we live by a few packer players, and I had the kids at the park the other day and House & Barclay's (I think) wives were at the park also. Barclay's wife has a real southern draw, and just has a loud voice. Their older son was NOT listening...all of the sudden, "Boy, get yo ass over here or I am gonna smack it"...run boy, run!

I don't know what "surprises" there will be. I tried doing the create your roster for the GB Press Gazette, and I could only get down to 59 before I really didn't know who would be next, so I think it'll be tough this year, mix of valued vets for the first time along with valued youngsters.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

"I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

It was Gunter until last night. Coaches will fall in love with his tape.

It will be Elliot. He will end up on IR.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I will guess Richard Rodgers is the surprise cut. It just makes too much sense. Peck looks decent, and Kendricks and Benny are ahead of him on the depth chart.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I will guess Richard Rodgers is the surprise cut. It just makes too much sense. Peck looks decent, and Kendricks and Benny are ahead of him on the depth chart.
    wow...you might be on to something there. his loss will help off-set the brooks signing. we all know how important the payroll situation is with tt.

I will print out this page of posts (displaying 20 currently) and eat it if DickRod is cut (does not apply to some random injury he suffered that gets him stashed away).
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I will print out this page of posts (displaying 20 currently) and eat it if DickRod is cut (does not apply to some random injury he suffered that gets him stashed away).
    lol. i'd hate to see dickrod cut as the team would be less talented, and i don't think smug is advocating it, but it wouldn't surprise me after thinking about the tt factor.

I think M3 really plans on a lot of two TE this year and he will want 4 TEs, and 3 would be the minimum.

Yeah I was basing it off of the O in the past. More 2TE makes it less likely.

How about a surprise non-cut? They keep all 4 QBs initially, as they work out a trade for Hundley over the next week or two. If it doesn't work out, one gets released to make room for Allison.

All DL get cut except Lawry. Daniels, Clark, Adams and Jean-Francois. Why keep more than 5 when you seldom play more than two on any given down?

Spriggs would be my guess, although he might survive to the 53 only to be cut and replaced by somebody cut by another team. I don't care where he was drafted, when a tackle can be beaten inside or outside with speed moves and walked back to the QB on power moves, there's no point of him being on the roster. He looks only slightly better than Chris Carter trying to block Reggie White.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Surprise cuts?....Every draft pick after Williams, as the Packers go with two RB and two FBs on their 53 man roster, with both Mays and Jones on PS, along with Yancey and Dupree. Again, since in recent years they rarely have more than two RBs and 5 or 6 WRs active on game days, stashing them on PS is no different than on the 53, but inactive. If they lose one or the other, they don't care. Allison will be the 6th WR on the roster after his suspension.

Both Ripkowski and Kerridge are kept, and both active on game days.
    Last edited by Patler; 09-01-2017 at 02:44 PM.