Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sheldon Richardson to Seahawks

Sheldon Richardson to Seahawks

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter 30m30 minutes ago
    Jets trading DL Sheldon Richardson to Seattle for WR Jermaine Kearse and draft considerations, per source.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

That's a terrible trade for the Jets. Depending on that draft 'consideration.'

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    From Rotoworld:
    Jets acquired WR Jermaine Kearse and a 2018 second-round pick from the Seahawks in exchange for DT Sheldon Richardson.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    From Rotoworld:
    Jets acquired WR Jermaine Kearse and a 2018 second-round pick from the Seahawks in exchange for DT Sheldon Richardson.
    Well, for those who like the "all-in-now" approach, this will be hailed. If it is a second-round pick, then the price seems like it could weigh heavily down the line. I don't, however, know anything about the contract Richardson has or how many years are left on it.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Well, for those who like the "all-in-now" approach, this will be hailed. If it is a second-round pick, then the price seems like it could weigh heavily down the line. I don't, however, know anything about the contract Richardson has or how many years are left on it.

Just think....last years 2nd Rounder Jason Spriggs and a subpart WR brings us Richardson !! lol......

KUDOS TO SEATTLE !!!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    One more year. He's on his fifth round option.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Just think....last years 2nd Rounder Jason Spriggs and a subpart WR brings us Richardson !! lol......

KUDOS TO SEATTLE !!!
    For one year. Then he gets expensive to keep.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

KUDOS TO SEATTLE !!!
    Fuck Seattle.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

KUDOS TO SEATTLE !!!
    Or it could Nick Collins, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Eddie Lacy, Davante Adams, etc. for one year of Richardson.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

This could work out okay for the Jets. They get rid of a locker room cancer, gain 6 million in cap room and get a 2nd round pick and a good #3 receiver. Hell, on the Jets Kearse might be the #1 receiver.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

KUDOS TO SEATTLE !!!
    So the deal was a 2018 second rounder. Would you part with that AND Cobb for one year of Richardson?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    WHY DOES EVERYBODY ASSUME "ONE YEAR" ???????????????????????????????
    He could re sign

Or does assuming one year just make us feel better about the spin ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Next year he'll price himself out of Seattle unless they do some shuffling. If he plays well again he'll be $12-15m per year.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

He is seriously a monster. And he will get Suh money.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Richardson was available on draft day this year for 2nd rounder. Crickets then. He's a good player. Would have liked to see him in GB.

So the Jets actually got more by waiting to the start of the season... wow.

Seattle will either get Richardson back on a new contract, or they will receive draft choice compensation for losing him as a FA. A compensatory pick will minimize the impact of losing the draft pick they gave up to get him now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Seattle will either get Richardson back on a new contract, or they will receive draft choice compensation for losing him as a FA. A compensatory pick will minimize the impact of losing the draft pick they gave up to get him now.

YUP; even if he leaves they could get a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Great job by Seattle's GM

YUP; even if he leaves they could get a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Great job by Seattle's GM
    Not sure I would call it "great". Richardson is still the guy who has caused problems, even above and beyond the banned substances issue that alone have become common on every team. He is the guy who tried to avoid arrest by driving 140 mph with a child in the car, openly criticized teammates by name in the media and apparently went on a social media tirade, all in the past year or so. In addition, he will cost them $8 million this year.

Seattle, like GB, NE and a few other teams, seems to be able to deal with a "problem child" now and then without having him destroy their locker room; but, you never know when one of those deals will backfire, in which case he becomes a season-long disruption, or you release him and eat $8M in salary cap.

That said, I think Seattle is taking reasonable risk in this deal.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Or it could Nick Collins, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Eddie Lacy, Davante Adams, etc. for one year of Richardson.
    Or Bryan Brohm