Thread: Comings and Goings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    One addition I like is a subtle change in team personality. I've felt the whole "Packer People" deal went a mite too far. A good pro team needs a variety of personalities for the guys to play off one another. We've lost some of our enforcers and some of the new guys replace that element. M Bennet keeps everybody loose while being a skilled player. Brooks is a certifiable scary, moody type guy.

For awhile there, we were more like a boy scout troop than a pro football team.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    One addition I like is a subtle change in team personality. I've felt the whole "Packer People" deal went a mite too far. A good pro team needs a variety of personalities for the guys to play off one another. We've lost some of our enforcers and some of the new guys replace that element. M Bennet keeps everybody loose while being a skilled player. Brooks is a certifiable scary, moody type guy.

Excellent post, I agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Excellent post, I agree 100%.
    Apparently the DL they brought in today from the 49ers also plays with a bit of an edge. With him, Brooks and a couple safeties who like to hit, the character of the defense could change a little.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Apparently the DL they brought in today from the 49ers also plays with a bit of an edge. With him, Brooks and a couple safeties who like to hit, the character of the defense could change a little.
    Those safeties are a super talented group. The addition of Brooks may play off Daniels natural fire and give us more of an attack minded defense. Brooks is a little like Wayne Simmons. A real bitch, but a tad nuts. he's a vet now. Hope he can channel his energies the right way and help get us going. We must generate heat on the QB to improve the pass D and help the young corners.