Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Comings and Goings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    One last point on TE. You have to remember that Kendricks isn't replacing Cook as the starter. He is the backup. You could be right, he isn't ascending, but I think he is a big improvement.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    One last point on TE. You have to remember that Kendricks isn't replacing Cook as the starter. He is the backup. You could be right, he isn't ascending, but I think he is a big improvement.
    He looked more fluid than Rodgers, that's for sure. Didn't see him block much, so don't know about that.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    He's there to block and misdirect and line up in a bunch and defeat press coverage occasionally.

I also hope he is there for goal line Bubba Franks play. Block, fall down, stand up, catch touchdown.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He's there to block and misdirect and line up in a bunch and defeat press coverage occasionally.

I also hope he is there for goal line Bubba Franks play. Block, fall down, stand up, catch touchdown.
    Richard Rodgers is pretty good at the fall down part.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Maybe you guys who have actually been able to watch practices have seen some good things on Kendricks, but from what I have seen, I like R Rodgers better than him.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I know nothing of the 49er DE they're bringing in today. Who is Quentin Dial? How good is he? How old is he?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I know nothing of the 49er DE they're bringing in today. Who is Quentin Dial? How good is he? How old is he?
    Not old. 27. Big. 6-5, 320. I seem to remember him as a pretty tough player. Not many sacks though. He was seen as a better fit in a 3-4.
    Last edited by Joemailman; 09-04-2017 at 04:34 PM.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Did he visit today? I haven't heard a thing.

Offensive Line: Depth definitely worse than last year.

Wide Receiver: A little better. Jordy a year removed from surgery. Adams still getting better. Allison looks stronger.

Running Back: Better. Monty has a chance to be a really good all-around back. The rookies look like they can all play.

Tight End: Big upgrade.

Quarterback: Status Quo.

Defensive Line: Better. Clark, Lowry and Ringo have all improved.

Outside Linebacker. Worse, unless Brooks comes through in a big way.

Inside Linebacker: Status Quo.

Cornerback: Better. House and King (and Josh Jones) more than offset loss of Hyde.

Safety: Better. Brice and Evans continue to improve. Jones adds athleticism.

Special Teams: Probably Status Quo.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Offensive Line: Depth definitely worse than last year.

Wide Receiver: A little better. Jordy a year removed from surgery. Adams still getting better. Allison looks stronger.

Running Back: Better. Monty has a chance to be a really good all-around back. The rookies look like they can all play.

Tight End: Big upgrade.

Quarterback: Status Quo.

Defensive Line: Better. Clark, Lowry and Ringo have all improved.

Outside Linebacker. Worse, unless Brooks comes through in a big way.

Inside Linebacker: Status Quo.

Cornerback: Better. House and King (and Josh Jones) more than offset loss of Hyde.

Safety: Better. Brice and Evans continue to improve. Jones adds athleticism.

Special Teams: Probably Status Quo.
    I'm excited!

I wonder about OLB?

Lost Peppers - Last year, many said he was well over the hill. Made a play now and then, but was taken advantage of, too. Was he more name and reputation than performance last year?

Lost Jones - Last year, many said he was not a fit at OLB. Stout against the run just as he always was as a DE. Seemed to apply pressure, at times, but didn't get there.

Gained Brooks - Reports I've read have him playing last year with little drop off from his prime. Might he be better than the 2016 version of Peppers? Might he be enough to replace both Peppers and Jones.

Gained New Guy - Expecting nothing.

Peppers had 10 sacks I believe. He had his moments.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Peppers had 10 sacks I believe. He had his moments.
    2016 - 7.5
    2015 - 10.5
    2014 - 7.0