Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Important Thread: Practice Squad 2017

Most Important Thread: Practice Squad 2017

Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein

QB Joe Callahan has decided to sign with the #Packers' practice squad. He had offers from two other teams. Gives GB three QBs now.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Cowboys claimed Price on waivers.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 11m11 minutes ago
    Tom Silverstein Retweeted Vince Calo

OL Adam Pankey signing with the #Packers practice squad.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 15m15 minutes ago
    Kofi Amichia is signing to the practice squad.

Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 34m34 minutes ago
    LB Derrick Mathews cleared waivers and will sign with the #Packers practice squad.

Tom Silverstein
    #Packers OLBs are now Matthews, Perry, Brooks, Fackrell and Odom . Reggie Gilbert is waiting in the wings on practice squad.

Callahan
    Pankey
    Mathews
    Amichia
    Gilbert

Dupre and McCaffrey cleared waivers and are available for PS.

Ryan Wood‏ @ByRyanWood 3m3 minutes ago

#Packers have signed rookie WR DeAngelo Yancey to their practice squad, per source. He was a 5th-round pick this spring.

Man was really hoping we could keep Price on the PS

Also how funny the media hyped up our receivers and none got claimed

Wilde is getting oddly defensive over some of the moves today.

He doesn't like Elliot traded, Price lost and Hill to the Saints. He claims, correctly, that these lower end roster guys can make a difference and put up a GIF of Bostick fumbling the onside kick.

He also mentioned 2013 (or 2014) and the backup QB situation.

But he doesn't seem to want all experienced vets on the roster either.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Man was really hoping we could keep Price on the PS

Also how funny the media hyped up our receivers and none got claimed
    Everyone is now hyped up about losing Hill to the Saints. No one remembers the Saints pickup up Callahan and then released him. Then he was with the Browns. Then the Packers got him back and he ended up on the 53 man roster.

No, no, no. Losing Hill is like Bostick on the hands team for on-side kicks.

Elliot is what is he, this Odom kid has more potential if you ask me.

Losing Price sucks but it's easier to find run stuffers over pass rushers so I liked keeping Ringo instead

Hill will never be close to a starter in this league and was just fun to watch against 3rd stringers with his running skills.

Damn! Stupidity Stupidity Stupidity! We gave away Jayrone Elliot - a decent player - for a damn 7th round pick, and we lost Brian Price, who had done an excellent job as a D Lineman, on waivers.

The only silver lining for me is both idiot moves by Ted benefited my second favorite team.

But we managed to keep 10 big worthless lumps for our O Line - and two more on the practice squad now. SHIT!
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Hopefully they sign Dupree to the practice squad as well

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Damn! Stupidity Stupidity Stupidity! We gave away Jayrone Elliot - a decent player - for a damn 7th round pick, and we lost Brian Price, who had done an excellent job as a D Lineman, on waivers.

The only silver lining for me is both idiot moves by Ted benefited my second favorite team.

But we managed to keep 10 big worthless lumps for our O Line - and two more on the practice squad now. SHIT!
    Had to make room for Brooks and Odom who is a better pas rusher than Elliot (5th in the nation in sacks last year)

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post

The Packers are short of healthy people at Center and Guard. The extras are there until those players get better.

Elliot showed next to nothing this year and is hurt. 3 times he left practice or games with a back injury.

Losing Price hurt, but as someone else said, run stopping D lineman are not in short supply.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Tom Silverstein
    #Packers OLBs are now Matthews, Perry, Brooks, Fackrell and Odom . Reggie Gilbert is waiting in the wings on practice squad.

Callahan
    Pankey
    Mathews
    Amichia
    Gilbert

Callahan
    Pankey
    Mathews
    Amichia
    Gilbert
    Donatello Brown (via Packer Report)
    Yancey

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 4m4 minutes ago
    Make that eight. Lunsford has signed.

Callahan
    Pankey
    Mathews
    Amichia
    Gilbert
    Yancey
    Lunsford

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 4m4 minutes ago
    Make that eight. Lunsford has signed.

Callahan
    Pankey
    Mathews
    Amichia
    Gilbert
    Yancey
    Lunsford
    Had to look up who Lunsford was. Guess I wasn't paying close attention in he 2nd half of preseason games.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 10m10 minutes ago
    WR Max McCaffrey will not be returning to the #Packers.