Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Most Important Thread: Practice Squad 2017

Think people forget Hill is a 27 year old rookie also...if he was 22 he would have made the roster.

Blog Entries
    HILL would have been nice to keep; if you believe Rich Gannon, perhaps one of the greatest Packer homers, you'd think we are going to get a high draft pick for Hundley sometime soon so it would have been nice to have Hill as a backup in waiting.

If I was Duprey I might look for a team with lesser WR's.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    HILL would have been nice to keep; if you believe Rich Gannon, perhaps one of the greatest Packer homers, you'd think we are going to get a high draft pick for Hundley sometime soon so it would have been nice to have Hill as a backup in waiting.

If I was Duprey I might look for a team with lesser WR's.
    I'm not convinced the demand for Hundley will be as great as the Packers are hoping. There are probably 5 QB's good enough to go in the 1st round of the NFL Draft, plus the Bears will probably be releasing Glennon, who has actually played pretty well as a starter for some bad Tampa Bay teams.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I'm not convinced the demand for Hundley will be as great as the Packers are hoping. There are probably 5 QB's good enough to go in the 1st round of the NFL Draft, plus the Bears will probably be releasing Glennon, who has actually played pretty well as a starter for some bad Tampa Bay teams.
    Unfortunately I"d agree with you. I don't think we're getting a high draft pick for him.

Maybe a fourth..probably five to seven

If we could get a top 3 round pick I think we'd have already traded him. He just might play through his full contract with GB because having a good backup is more important than getting a low round pick.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    rn Packers at best get a conditional 7 for Hundley. Really, he looked marginal in the preseason - for a starter that is. For a guy who has to take a few snaps at the end of a blowout of Seattle, we can handle the odd INT and the inaccuracy.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Lmao y'all are crazy if you don't think we get at least late 2nd to 3rd round pick for him. Hudley wasn't great but the O-line didn't do him any favors either.

Having Farve and Rodgers the last two decades has spoiled us lmao

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Lmao y'all are crazy if you don't think we get at least late 2nd to 3rd round pick for him. Hudley wasn't great but the O-line didn't do him any favors either.
    It's a factor. Unfortunately for him (and us) the only way he can improve his value is to play with the starting O-line during the regular season in a game that matters. And yes, we are totally spoiled.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Everyone is now hyped up about losing Hill to the Saints. No one remembers the Saints pickup up Callahan and then released him. Then he was with the Browns. Then the Packers got him back and he ended up on the 53 man roster.

No, no, no. Losing Hill is like Bostick on the hands team for on-side kicks.
    If hill or callahan EVER see the field as a Packer its not a good day. Period!
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

The Packers are short of healthy people at Center and Guard. The extras are there until those players get better.

Elliot showed next to nothing this year and is hurt. 3 times he left practice or games with a back injury.

Losing Price hurt, but as someone else said, run stopping D lineman are not in short supply.
    BRING BLACK C.J. WILSON!!!

He went on IR. He might get an injury settlement but I haven't read that.
    Is he the guy our DB coach was raving about? I think TT stashes him for the season if so.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Is he the guy our DB coach was raving about? I think TT stashes him for the season if so.
    He is. Converted wideout I think.

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017...amon-williams/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I'd like to agree with you, but while other teams get 2nds for Alex Smith after he loses his job, the packers never seem to get good value when we dish guys.

Yep, definitely keeping his on IR all season.

My biggest regret in the Packers losing Hill is I didn't get to see them choose between Hill and Callahan for the practice squad. I was looking forward to that!

By JSO accounts, they like Hill's upside much more. But have no fear - now we can see whether Yancey or Clark ascends more quickly.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I'm confused on the idea that moving Huntley is a good idea. If Rodgers goes down and Huntley is gone, people would be freaking out at Thompson for not securing the QB position. Remember Tolzein and Seneca Wallace?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I'm confused on the idea that moving Huntley is a good idea. If Rodgers goes down and Huntley is gone, people would be freaking out at Thompson for not securing the QB position. Remember Tolzein and Seneca Wallace?
    They are setting up their future frustration with Thompson. If he had just kept Hill on the 53 and dealt Hundley, then all would be right with the team and the world.

Because preseason seemed to teach a lot of Packer fans here and on the internet that Hill is a better QB than Hundley.

You see, now that Ted is signing FA defenders like Marty Hurney, there needs to be a new outlet.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The QBs who have garnered those kinds of picks normally have played some regular season games.

The QBs who have garnered those kinds of picks normally have played some regular season games.
    Don't jinx this shit.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack