Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Most Important Thread: Practice Squad 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Don't jinx this shit.
    There is always another sucker.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Don't jinx this shit.
    People worried about losing Hill should know that only once in the last 25 years has a third QB played meaningful snaps in GB.
    Rodgers had a flurry of injuries early in his career, but has been quite solid since, save for an unfortunate broken collarbone.
    I believe Rodgers has had no concussion issues since switching to the new helmet a number of years ago.
    Rodgers also plays very effectively even when injured.
    Losing their #2 QB for the season the week after losing Rodgers for many weeks a few years back was a freak occurrence, not likely to be seen again.

(Do you suppose Fackrell can play QB??)

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    People worried about losing Hill should know that only once in the last 25 years has a third QB played meaningful snaps in GB.
    Rodgers had a flurry of injuries early in his career, but has been quite solid since, save for an unfortunate broken collarbone.
    I believe Rodgers has had no concussion issues since switching to the new helmet a number of years ago.
    Losing their #2 QB for the season the week after losing Rodgers for many weeks a few years back was a freak occurrence, not likely to be seen again.

Also to add, to the relief of the TT drafts and signs injury prone players fans:
    In 2014 suffered a season ending leg ending in game 5.
    In 2015 suffered a season ending foot injury in game 1.

Taysom Hill is soft and weak no matter how well he played against 3rd and 4th stringers this preseason.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Also to add, to the relief of the TT drafts and signs injury prone players fans:

Taysom Hill is soft and weak no matter how well he played against 3rd and 4th stringers this preseason.
    And now after going to the BYU website we learn:
    Ended 2016 with a elbow injury during last game of the regular season and was done for the year. Did not play in BYU's bowl game.
    2012 played in 6 games, starting 2, before injuring his knee and being out for the rest of the year.

Only in 2013 did he play a full season.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer

DP

-Tim Harmston

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Only in 2013 did he play a full season.
    Injury prone!

[QUOTE=Patler;936405]People worried about losing Hill should know that only once in the last 25 years has a third QB played meaningful snaps in GB.QUOTE]

Not true, besides the many games by 3rd (and 4th) string QB's in 2013, there were some particularly meaningful snaps (especially the infamous one) in 1995.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

[QUOTE=MadScientist;936437]
    People worried about losing Hill should know that only once in the last 25 years has a third QB played meaningful snaps in GB.QUOTE]

Not true, besides the many games by 3rd (and 4th) string QB's in 2013, there were some particularly meaningful snaps (especially the infamous one) in 1995.
    You have me suspended in suspense.

" (especially the infamous one) in 1995. " MadScientist

That one slips me ! Can you elaborate please.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

[QUOTE=woodbuck27;936526]
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post

You have me suspended in suspense.

" (especially the infamous one) in 1995. " MadScientist

That one slips me ! Can you elaborate please.
    I imagine he is referring to TJ Rubely's infamous pass. But I don't view his 6 pass attempts as representative of particularly meaningful snaps, even though one of the pass attempts cost the game and his career in GB. Any one snap can have significance, but there are ways to provide for a handful of 3rd QB snaps without worrying about who a third QB is. After all, the 3rd and 4th QBs had all of 7 total pass attempts in 1995.

[QUOTE=Patler;936532]
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

I imagine he is referring to TJ Rubely's infamous pass. But I don't view his 6 pass attempts as representative of particularly meaningful snaps, even though one of the pass attempts cost the game and his career in GB. Any one snap can have significance, but there are ways to provide for a handful of 3rd QB snaps without worrying about who a third QB is. After all, the 3rd and 4th QBs had all of 7 total pass attempts in 1995.
    OK right and thanks Patler.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Yes, I just didn't want to bring back the pain associated with the name. Given that the snaps decided the game, they were meaningful, just as if he pulled a Favre-esq last second win in that game. On the other hand Craig Nall threw 15 passes against Detroit in a 34-13 win in 2007, including a touchdown and no ints. Those passes were not meaningful.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Yes, I just didn't want to bring back the pain associated with the name. Given that the snaps decided the game, they were meaningful, just as if he pulled a Favre-esq last second win in that game. On the other hand Craig Nall threw 15 passes against Detroit in a 34-13 win in 2007, including a touchdown and no ints. Those passes were not meaningful.
    Gheeezz ! Being a Senior has extreme challenges.

I had to think who Craig Nall was and Packers.

Now you jinxed us for sure.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The QBs who have garnered those kinds of picks normally have played some regular season games.
    BINGO
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Now you jinxed us for sure.
    I'm really a closet Viking fan.

(I threw-up in my mouth a little just typing that.)

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    And that little nagging calf injury which kept him off the 'hands team' for onside kicks.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck