Thread: James Jones Officially Announces Retirement

James Jones Officially Announces Retirement

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017...es-retirement/

I have truly been blessed to have worked with such wonderful people throughout my career. I would personally like to thank the entire Packers Organization, Packer Nation and particularly Ted Thompson, Mike McCarthy and Sammy Seal. I would also like to thank the Raiders Organization, my agents at Sun West Sports, Frank Bauer and Kenny Chapman, and everyone who believed in my talents which allowed me to continue playing the sport I love. Of course, none of this would be possible without the support and love from my wonderful mother, Janet Jones, my grandmother, Gram (Bernice Calhoun) and my beautiful wife, Tamika Jones.
    Really one of my favorite players. Never made excuses when some people were trashing him for dropped passes in 2010, while ignoring the fact he was having a pretty good year. 2 years later he led the NFL in TD receptions. Very classy guy who made the most of his abilities.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I really liked his toughness. Wether many here want to admit it or not, he saved the teams season in 2015.

http://www.12up.com/posts/5503919-aa...nt?a_aid=36476

Aaron Rodgers Shouts Out Former Packers WR On His Retirement

"Happy retirement to my brother James Jones! Not only a great competitor, talented wide out, incredible contested catch receiver, but a great leader in the locker room and a stand up guy and teammate. Appreciate the time and the memories South Bay... "

​​" Some strong words about leadership from Rodgers, who threw 14 touchdowns to Jones during a memorable 2014 campaign for the wideout. "

Thanks James Jones I liked what you brought to the Green Bay Packers and I hope you retire a Packer.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017...es-retirement/

Really one of my favorite players. Never made excuses when some people were trashing him for dropped passes in 2010, while ignoring the fact he was having a pretty good year. 2 years later he led the NFL in TD receptions. Very classy guy who made the most of his abilities.
    And came from such humble beginnings...
    DREAM CATCHER PACKERS' THIRD-ROUND SELECTION JAMES JONES SURVIVED A FAR FROM FIRST-CLASS UPBRINGING.
    "I felt bad. But I didn't have anywhere else to go," Janet says. "In the beginning, it was drugs. Then, I lost my job. Nobody wanted to help us, so that's how we had to live. I thank God for shelters, because they're really something that a person who don't have nowhere to go, they can call home. But it's not a place I wanted to be."

And she wasn't the person she wanted to be. She remembers James finding her one day, passed out after a binge. James remembers, too.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I want to be there when his hoodie is placed in the Packer Hall of Fame.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

James was one of my favorite. Still remember when He, Nick Collins, Tramon Williams, and some other players came to where I was teaching at the time in central Wisconsin to play in a charity basketball game. Collins, Williams, and Jones were so athletic they actually kind of stopped playing just to allow the "home" team to compete and win. I still remember Jones going up to dunk over 2 players, but at the last second tossed it up to Collins who was already higher than the rim to dunk and alley-oop. It was crazy. His final year in GB Jones actually attended the church we attend now that we live in the area. Very nice and welcoming guy, always wanted him to be better or perform better than he sometimes did, but was very important to our and Rodgers success.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

A true American Success story. I loved the catches with 3 guys hanging on him. The preseason hit that sent his helmet to the 3rd row and left him running for a TD is on my all time top 10 list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpghoCMKMIQ
    Happy trails James.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxbDOs48E6c

From Homelessness to the NFL, the James Jones Story.

Freedom House Ministries

https://www.hivlife.org/homelessness

Homelessness in the United States
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 09-08-2017 at 10:55 AM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

James Jones being interviewed by the NFL Network after announcing his retirement. The questions and his answers and personality are pretty special.

1.James Jones very first game as a Packer.

2.The very best play he ever made and the Lambeau Leap after that TD.

(paraphrased)

" It was in 2008... It was a Crossing Route and Aaron (it was his first game as Brett had just left) threw the ball and I made the play and Beauuuahh ! I got hit and the helmet came off and " .... well many of us know the rest.

http://www.packers.com/media-center/...c-0bb4af3839a1
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 09-10-2017 at 08:38 AM.