Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Bennett: Police singled me out, put a gun near my head

Michael Bennett: Police singled me out, put a gun near my head

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/06/sp...ice/index.html

Michael Bennett: Police singled me out, put a gun near my head

By Jill Martin, CNN

Updated 1024 GMT (1824 HKT) September 7, 2017

" (CNN)Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett, who is among prominent NFL players who protest the national anthem before games, said police in Las Vegas unfairly singled him out, threatened him with a gun and detained him briefly after he attended last month's prizefight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor. "

Please click on the LINK for the rest of this Breaking News Story.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

A related story:

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/16/sp...hem/index.html

Michael Bennett: 'I can't stand for the national anthem'

By Jill Martin, CNN ..... Updated 1459 GMT (2259 HKT) August 17, 2017
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    An individual later identified as Bennett was seen crouched down behind a gaming machine as the officers approached, he said. Once Bennett was in the officers' view, he quickly ran out of the south doors and jumped over a wall into traffic.

hmmm, Sounds like the basically just picked him out of the Pew during the Our Father and cuffed him on the ground...fucking racists.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Once Bennett was in the officers' view, he quickly ran out of the south doors and jumped over a wall into traffic.
    That's the kind of reckless, maximum-effort play that Pete Carroll cultivates in Seattle, and why the Seahawks are perennial defensive leaders in the NFL. Hope TT is paying attention.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Was waiting for someone to post this...of course the arresting officers body cam was turned off and now the cops are trying to play victims.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    An individual later identified as Bennett was seen crouched down behind a gaming machine as the officers approached, he said. Once Bennett was in the officers' view, he quickly ran out of the south doors and jumped over a wall into traffic.

hmmm, Sounds like the basically just picked him out of the Pew during the Our Father and cuffed him on the ground...fucking racists.
    So when he heard gun shots he ran like everyone else...what a thug!

Did they beat him up real good so he can't play Sunday?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    now the cops are trying to play victims.
    I bet they win. Victims don't have a good QB.

Was waiting for someone to post this...of course the arresting officers body cam was turned off and now the cops are trying to play victims.
    So in a case of he said/they said, you side with Bennett automatically? I'd be more interested in the camera footage from the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    So in a case of he said/they said, you side with Bennett automatically? I'd be more interested in the camera footage from the site.
    Oh for fucks sake, stop trying to find 'the truth'

Either embrace your racism or your victimhood.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

holy hell

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    So when he heard gun shots he ran like everyone else...what a thug!
    Didn't see anything about gun shots when they approached him and he knew they saw him he ran.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Both of the arresting officers were minorities. Changes the perspective just a little bit.

Cops respond to a possible shooter. See man crouching behind a gaming machine amid chaos. Man sees them and runs. According to some, the cops are suppose to just let unidentified possible suspect run away from the scene. This day and age the cops have an impossible job. Perhaps they shouldn't have to serve and protect those that are so against them. That would be a good form of natural selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Both of the arresting officers were minorities. Changes the perspective just a little bit.
    Not to the whiners, they'll still spin it to fit their narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Cops respond to a possible shooter. See man crouching behind a gaming machine amid chaos. Man sees them and runs. According to some, the cops are suppose to just let unidentified possible suspect run away from the scene. This day and age the cops have an impossible job. Perhaps they shouldn't have to serve and protect those that are so against them. That would be a good form of natural selection.
    ...and if the unidentified subject actually WAS a shooter, and then ran out and shot and killed another, the same people would criticize the cops for not taking decisive action to stop the threat.

But it is all very simple. The cops simply have to be correct, stop and detain the actual perps and no one else, 100% of the time. That isn't asking too much, is it?

'The call that night was a scary one'

Bennett's brother, Green Bay Packers tight end Martellus Bennett, signaled support for his sibling Wednesday in an Instagram post.

"The call that night was a scary one,"
    Martellus Bennett wrote. "The emotion and the thought of almost losing you because of the way you look left me in one of the saddest places ever. I could hear the fear in your voice, the tears in your eyes as well your sprinting heart beat. I can't imagine how the people who lost their loved ones felt when they got the call."

Martellus Bennett added later: "To me, you're much more than a nigger," a direct reference to the line in his brother's open letter.

This is NOT a Black and White Issue.

This is a classic example of 'a Black Issue' and Racial Profiling that is all to common now for over a Decade and inappropriate Law Enforcement.

Also what was with the excessive brutality and the process of the arrest !? Bennett was down and cuffed. So why does the second Cop come in and put abuse on him?

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Yes, because different minorities cannot possibly hold biased or racist attitudes about other minorities? Training and peer modeling don't have any effect?

Funny how running away from a slot machine and leaping over a road barrier makes sense if there were gunshots and seems more suspicious if he was running away from police. The statements don't really conflict. But I wonder how many were running through that room to the outside? How many were arrested?

Video would help, but we just have the aftermath since the two directly responsible didn't have on their body cams. Funny that they malfunction more often than radar guns.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.