Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Michael Bennett: Police singled me out, put a gun near my head

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Both of the arresting officers were minorities. Changes the perspective just a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Both of the arresting officers were minorities. Changes the perspective just a little bit.
    Not to the whiners, they'll still spin it to fit their narrative.

Yes, because different minorities cannot possibly hold biased or racist attitudes about other minorities? Training and peer modeling don't have any effect?

Funny how running away from a slot machine and leaping over a road barrier makes sense if there were gunshots and seems more suspicious if he was running away from police. The statements don't really conflict. But I wonder how many were running through that room to the outside? How many were arrested?

Video would help, but we just have the aftermath since the two directly responsible didn't have on their body cams. Funny that they malfunction more often than radar guns.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Yes, because different minorities cannot possibly hold biased or racist attitudes about other minorities? Training and peer modeling don't have any effect?

Funny how running away from a slot machine and leaping over a road barrier makes sense if there were gunshots and seems more suspicious if he was running away from police. The statements don't really conflict. But I wonder how many were running through that room to the outside? How many were arrested?

Video would help, but we just have the aftermath since the two directly responsible didn't have on their body cams. Funny that they malfunction more often than radar guns.
    I can tell you a couple things. First, if you jump that barrier, you will be tackled and probably kicked by the police. It won't matter your color. Any night of the week!

Second, I agree 100% with the body cams. But they don't malfunction. In the early days of "voluntary" cams in Las Vegas, the officers were instructed to turn them off during heated situations. Apparently they still do.

During the Cliven Bundy BLM (Land management, not Lives matter) standoff the 2 Federal officers testified on the stand that they turned their cams off because "things were getting heated". And they wondered why they can't get a conviction. (but good liberal troopers, they keep trying since its a bunch of white guys who have had 2 hung juries 11-1 in their favor). OOO....see, racism works both ways. 3rd trial is awaiting a date.

I saw the cops pass a LOT of black people in that video. Wonder why? Also, if Bennett had such an issue why did he tell the officers at the scene he understood? He was not actually arrested btw, just detained. I didn't see the excessive abuse Woodbuck makes up...er alleges. I hadn't heard of Bennett alleging any such thing.

Imho this is just another attention whore who makes EVERYTHING about race. He had nothing to say at the time, but figured if he waited til the next day and made a bunch of allegations he could get even more attention than he gets for sitting during the anthem.

Final note, the LVPD has penned and sent a letter to King Roger to investigate thou thoroughly and take appropriate action for the blatant lies Bennett told. I hope Roger does. Maybe he can find the video of Ray Rice and take action BEFORE he gets egg on his face this time.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I can tell you a couple things. First, if you jump that barrier, you will be tackled and probably kicked by the police. It won't matter your color. Any night of the week!

Second, I agree 100% with the body cams. But they don't malfunction. In the early days of "voluntary" cams in Las Vegas, the officers were instructed to turn them off during heated situations. Apparently they still do.

During the Cliven Bundy BLM (Land management, not Lives matter) standoff the 2 Federal officers testified on the stand that they turned their cams off because "things were getting heated". And they wondered why they can't get a conviction. (but good liberal troopers, they keep trying since its a bunch of white guys who have had 2 hung juries 11-1 in their favor). OOO....see, racism works both ways. 3rd trial is awaiting a date.

I saw the cops pass a LOT of black people in that video. Wonder why? Also, if Bennett had such an issue why did he tell the officers at the scene he understood? He was not actually arrested btw, just detained. I didn't see the excessive abuse Woodbuck makes up...er alleges. I hadn't heard of Bennett alleging any such thing.

Imho this is just another attention whore who makes EVERYTHING about race. He had nothing to say at the time, but figured if he waited til the next day and made a bunch of allegations he could get even more attention than he gets for sitting during the anthem.

Final note, the LVPD has penned and sent a letter to King Roger to investigate thou thoroughly and take appropriate action for the blatant lies Bennett told. I hope Roger does. Maybe he can find the video of Ray Rice and take action BEFORE he gets egg on his face this time.
    Let me guess, you're white

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Try again.

Try again.
    LOL there is a zero percent chance you're not a middle-aged white man. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    LOL there is a zero percent chance you're not a middle-aged white man. LOL!
    I am well above middle class thank you very much. 100% self made as well. I already posted my age, so that was easy. Do you consider someone with significant hebrew and native american blood white? just checking. Come to vegas, we'll have a beer. You will see I'm not the devil you think I am.

But I'm not black either. I have great sympathy for anyone who is unfairly targeted for any reason. I just thing guys like Bennett are like girls who cry rape after they regret a decision. They hurt every credible case of the real thing.

But I'm not black either. I have great sympathy for anyone who is unfairly targeted for any reason. I just thing guys like Bennett are like girls who cry rape after they regret a decision. They hurt every credible case of the real thing.
    I suspect that your more than less 'a Racist'. Being 'White' doesn't give you legitimate insight into what it means to feel as a majority of Blacks and other ethnic people do.

I also suspect that if you made the above statement to Michael Bennett's face he might very well 'kick your ass'.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I suspect that your more than less 'a Racist'. Being 'White' doesn't give you legitimate insight into what it means to feel as a majority of Blacks and other ethnic people do.

I also suspect that if you made the above statement to Michael Bennett's face he might very well 'kick your ass'.
    I suspect that you don't know me. If you did you would know better. I also suspect that Bennett COULD kick my ass since he is 17 years younger than me, and much larger. Not so sure he WOULD. It would show exceedingly poor judgement on his part.

I also suspect you feel very dis empowered in your everyday life that you feel the need to tell me how weak I am compared to an NFL defensive lineman as if that doesn't put me in the 99.9%

" I didn't see the excessive abuse Woodbuck makes up...er alleges. I hadn't heard of Bennett alleging any such thing."
    bobblehead

" .....In his account, Bennett said that as he lay on the ground, complying with his commands not to move, the officer placed his gun near his head and warned him that if he moved he would "blow my (expletive) head off."

While he was "terrified and confused by what was taking place," a second officer came over and "forcefully jammed his knee into my back making it difficult for me to breathe," he wrote. "They then cinched the handcuffs on my wrists so tight that my fingers went numb," he continued.

" The officers' excessive use of force was unbearable," Bennett continued. "I felt helpless as I lay there on the ground handcuffed facing the real-life threat of being killed. All I could think of was 'I'm going to die for no other reason than I am black and my skin color is somehow a threat.'"... "From the Article in the first post of this thread.

It seems that 'in fact' Michael Bennett had plenty to say and excessive force as he was being detained by the Las Vegas Police.... Read the Article please.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

" I didn't see the excessive abuse Woodbuck makes up...er alleges. I hadn't heard of Bennett alleging any such thing."
    bobblehead

" .....In his account, Bennett said that as he lay on the ground, complying with his commands not to move, the officer placed his gun near his head and warned him that if he moved he would "blow my (expletive) head off."

While he was "terrified and confused by what was taking place," a second officer came over and "forcefully jammed his knee into my back making it difficult for me to breathe," he wrote. "They then cinched the handcuffs on my wrists so tight that my fingers went numb," he continued.

" The officers' excessive use of force was unbearable," Bennett continued. "I felt helpless as I lay there on the ground handcuffed facing the real-life threat of being killed. All I could think of was 'I'm going to die for no other reason than I am black and my skin color is somehow a threat.'"... "From the Article in the first post of this thread.

It seems that 'in fact' Michael Bennett had plenty to say and excessive force as he was being detained by the Las Vegas Police.... Read the Article please.
    Yes, that is what cops do. When they decide to arrest you, they talk forcefully to ensure compliance. They immobilize you with a knee in the back as its the most effective place. They put the cuffs on very tight so you can't slip out. This is known as P.O.S.T. also known as "not abuse".

Yes, that is what cops do. When they decide to arrest you, they talk forcefully to ensure compliance. They immobilize you with a knee in the back as its the most effective place. They put the cuffs on very tight so you can't slip out. This is known as P.O.S.T. also known as "not abuse".
    No no no !

You skirt the issue and your version, that Michael Bennett had no complaint and excessive abuse.

No no no !

You skirt the issue and your version, that Michael Bennett had no complaint and excessive abuse.
    If that is excessive abuse (as opposed to allowable abuse) then every officer ever making an arrest is guilty. He has ZERO complaint of excessive force.

So only whites are prejudice ...good to know.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    So only whites are prejudice ...good to know.
    Whites are all racist killers. People 'of color' are all victims. See how easy this tribal life is! Now just hate.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Then these whiny ass cops write a letter to the NFL mentioning how Bennett doesn't stand for the flag like that has anything to do with what happened.

Then these whiny ass cops write a letter to the NFL mentioning how Bennett doesn't stand for the flag like that has anything to do with what happened.
    i thought that was stupid too.

Actually his anti police, anti patriotic political views that he spouted using his fame to get them out there. Have EVERYTHING to do with this incident.