Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Bennett: Police singled me out, put a gun near my head

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Do you honestly take the claim that he was crouching behind slots seriously at this point? Do more police have to plant evidence to plant a seed of doubt in your mind?

Both parties have reason to paint their actions as innocent.
    I saw at least 10 black men run past the police in that video. They didn't chase any of them. Why not?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Vegas has about a bazillion cameras, so the truth will come out. pb, yes I believe the police over someone that has bashed them many times in the past.
    No, Vegas will not release those videos without a court order. Many reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Running away from the cops has proven to be fatal in a number of such situations. I would wait until they got to me, then I would run to where they came from. If there is an active shooter, and you run away in the direction the cops are going, don't you have a better chance of running toward the shooter?
    In the situation I found myself in and it was a Bar (Club); when a disgruntled Patron (he had been previously tossed by the Bouncers) entered it with a gun drawn. What actually myself and others did was ASAP........ hit the floor. We got down really quickly. This was just prior to any Police being called.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I can tell you a couple things. First, if you jump that barrier, you will be tackled and probably kicked by the police. It won't matter your color. Any night of the week!

Second, I agree 100% with the body cams. But they don't malfunction. In the early days of "voluntary" cams in Las Vegas, the officers were instructed to turn them off during heated situations. Apparently they still do.

During the Cliven Bundy BLM (Land management, not Lives matter) standoff the 2 Federal officers testified on the stand that they turned their cams off because "things were getting heated". And they wondered why they can't get a conviction. (but good liberal troopers, they keep trying since its a bunch of white guys who have had 2 hung juries 11-1 in their favor). OOO....see, racism works both ways. 3rd trial is awaiting a date.

I saw the cops pass a LOT of black people in that video. Wonder why? Also, if Bennett had such an issue why did he tell the officers at the scene he understood? He was not actually arrested btw, just detained. I didn't see the excessive abuse Woodbuck makes up...er alleges. I hadn't heard of Bennett alleging any such thing.

Imho this is just another attention whore who makes EVERYTHING about race. He had nothing to say at the time, but figured if he waited til the next day and made a bunch of allegations he could get even more attention than he gets for sitting during the anthem.

Final note, the LVPD has penned and sent a letter to King Roger to investigate thou thoroughly and take appropriate action for the blatant lies Bennett told. I hope Roger does. Maybe he can find the video of Ray Rice and take action BEFORE he gets egg on his face this time.
    Let me guess, you're white

I saw at least 10 black men run past the police in that video. They didn't chase any of them. Why not?
    Maybe because they were all in a group, ducking, and heading towards the officers?

Running away from the cops has proven to be fatal in a number of such situations. I would wait until they got to me?
    Only if you're a darker shade but it's easy to Monday QB what you would have done in that situation from your home computer.

...and if the unidentified subject actually WAS a shooter, and then ran out and shot and killed another, the same people would criticize the cops for not taking decisive action to stop the threat.

But it is all very simple. The cops simply have to be correct, stop and detain the actual perps and no one else, 100% of the time. That isn't asking too much, is it?
    Give me a fucking break, that's not how shit works....this isn't Uncle Ben from Spider Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    I live less than an hour away from Charlottesville where a protester shot his gun into a crowd right in front of cops and they didn't even budge so y'all can miss me with all that BS.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C2ro7U_Yoc4
    Let me show you how easy this is. The man with the torch had a spray can of something and was flame throwing at the people leaving (a serious threat). A man with a gun points it at him to back him off, and then fires a warning shot into a concrete berm in front of the man with the improvised flame thrower.

Now for the truth. Two fucking idiots who can't behave in a civilized manner ran into each other and its lucky the only thing hurt was the berm.

Try again.

Let me show you how easy this is. The man with the torch had a spray can of something and was flame throwing at the people leaving (a serious threat). A man with a gun points it at him to back him off, and then fires a warning shot into a concrete berm in front of the man with the improvised flame thrower.

Now for the truth. Two fucking idiots who can't behave in a civilized manner ran into each other and its lucky the only thing hurt was the berm.
    So you just going to ignore the fact the cops did nothing when a white guy shoots his gun into a crowd huh?

Then these whiny ass cops write a letter to the NFL mentioning how Bennett doesn't stand for the flag like that has anything to do with what happened.
    i thought that was stupid too.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    See all that bullshit above? That's why you should forget about the unknowable truth, align yourselves with a tribe, and dance around your separate fires, hating the Other. It makes life a lot simpler.
    Admirable distillation, lost to many or most.

But I'm not black either. I have great sympathy for anyone who is unfairly targeted for any reason. I just thing guys like Bennett are like girls who cry rape after they regret a decision. They hurt every credible case of the real thing.

I can tell you a couple things. First, if you jump that barrier, you will be tackled and probably kicked by the police. It won't matter your color. Any night of the week!

Second, I agree 100% with the body cams. But they don't malfunction. In the early days of "voluntary" cams in Las Vegas, the officers were instructed to turn them off during heated situations. Apparently they still do.

During the Cliven Bundy BLM (Land management, not Lives matter) standoff the 2 Federal officers testified on the stand that they turned their cams off because "things were getting heated". And they wondered why they can't get a conviction. (but good liberal troopers, they keep trying since its a bunch of white guys who have had 2 hung juries 11-1 in their favor). OOO....see, racism works both ways. 3rd trial is awaiting a date.

I saw the cops pass a LOT of black people in that video. Wonder why? Also, if Bennett had such an issue why did he tell the officers at the scene he understood? He was not actually arrested btw, just detained. I didn't see the excessive abuse Woodbuck makes up...er alleges. I hadn't heard of Bennett alleging any such thing.

Imho this is just another attention whore who makes EVERYTHING about race. He had nothing to say at the time, but figured if he waited til the next day and made a bunch of allegations he could get even more attention than he gets for sitting during the anthem.

Final note, the LVPD has penned and sent a letter to King Roger to investigate thou thoroughly and take appropriate action for the blatant lies Bennett told. I hope Roger does. Maybe he can find the video of Ray Rice and take action BEFORE he gets egg on his face this time.

" I didn't see the excessive abuse Woodbuck makes up...er alleges. I hadn't heard of Bennett alleging any such thing."
    bobblehead

" .....In his account, Bennett said that as he lay on the ground, complying with his commands not to move, the officer placed his gun near his head and warned him that if he moved he would "blow my (expletive) head off."

While he was "terrified and confused by what was taking place," a second officer came over and "forcefully jammed his knee into my back making it difficult for me to breathe," he wrote. "They then cinched the handcuffs on my wrists so tight that my fingers went numb," he continued.

" The officers' excessive use of force was unbearable," Bennett continued. "I felt helpless as I lay there on the ground handcuffed facing the real-life threat of being killed. All I could think of was 'I'm going to die for no other reason than I am black and my skin color is somehow a threat.'"... "From the Article in the first post of this thread.

It seems that 'in fact' Michael Bennett had plenty to say and excessive force as he was being detained by the Las Vegas Police.... Read the Article please.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

So you just going to ignore the fact the cops did nothing when a white guy shoots his gun into a crowd huh?
    the cops were ordered to pull back...remember? had they stayed and were allowed to do their job that lady would probably be alive today. city politicians were complicit in her death imo.

Only if you're a darker shade but it's easy to Monday QB what you would have done in that situation from your home computer.
    This I do agree with. Thing is I'm not faulting Bennett for anything he did that night. But what I'm saying is...shit happens. Its not always about the cops being racist. Sometimes you acted reasonably, but a cop saw it different. Again, he was released after they figured out he wasn't a bad guy. I have been detained....by a george zimmerman wannabe security guard. It was comical to me. Just like with Bennett, afterwards the head of security informed me of why and sent me on my merry old way. I didn't tweet about it or anything. Imagine that.

But I'm not black either. I have great sympathy for anyone who is unfairly targeted for any reason. I just thing guys like Bennett are like girls who cry rape after they regret a decision. They hurt every credible case of the real thing.
    I suspect that your more than less 'a Racist'. Being 'White' doesn't give you legitimate insight into what it means to feel as a majority of Blacks and other ethnic people do.

I also suspect that if you made the above statement to Michael Bennett's face he might very well 'kick your ass'.

I actually didn't see any cops nearby. Also, lets be honest. He didn't shoot his gun into a crowd. He discharged his firearm into a berm in a crowded area (a crime and dumb thing to do still).

If there were cops nearby they also didn't do anything to the guy with the flamethrower. I would hope if a cop witnessed that they would have drawn and arrested the idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

" I didn't see the excessive abuse Woodbuck makes up...er alleges. I hadn't heard of Bennett alleging any such thing."
    bobblehead

" .....In his account, Bennett said that as he lay on the ground, complying with his commands not to move, the officer placed his gun near his head and warned him that if he moved he would "blow my (expletive) head off."

While he was "terrified and confused by what was taking place," a second officer came over and "forcefully jammed his knee into my back making it difficult for me to breathe," he wrote. "They then cinched the handcuffs on my wrists so tight that my fingers went numb," he continued.

" The officers' excessive use of force was unbearable," Bennett continued. "I felt helpless as I lay there on the ground handcuffed facing the real-life threat of being killed. All I could think of was 'I'm going to die for no other reason than I am black and my skin color is somehow a threat.'"... "From the Article in the first post of this thread.

It seems that 'in fact' Michael Bennett had plenty to say and excessive force as he was being detained by the Las Vegas Police.... Read the Article please.
    Yes, that is what cops do. When they decide to arrest you, they talk forcefully to ensure compliance. They immobilize you with a knee in the back as its the most effective place. They put the cuffs on very tight so you can't slip out. This is known as P.O.S.T. also known as "not abuse".

This I do agree with. Thing is I'm not faulting Bennett for anything he did that night. But what I'm saying is...shit happens. Its not always about the cops being racist. Sometimes you acted reasonably, but a cop saw it different. Again, he was released after they figured out he wasn't a bad guy. I have been detained....by a george zimmerman wannabe security guard. It was comical to me. Just like with Bennett, afterwards the head of security informed me of why and sent me on my merry old way. I didn't tweet about it or anything. Imagine that.
    Stray dogs are treated better than Michael Bennett was by these Policeman.

It is too clear he has a legitimate complaint.