Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Week 1 Other Games Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Patriots have a slew of injuries, if anyone can overcome that it's hoody.
    Yes and how he will do it is going to be just another education on how to manage your NFL Team.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Yes and how he will do it is going to be just another education on how to manage your NFL Team.
    Gotta go with you prima facia. Belichek plays 3D chess while others play checkers. But at some point, he's going to run out of pieces, or run into some Spock out there.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    I was perusing ESPN and Scott Tolzien is starting in place of an injured Andrew Luck for Indianapolis. I just have to say that I'm very impressed with the Badger QB's that have managed to have any semblance of a career in the NFL. Who would have thought Shot-putting Scott Tolzien would start for multiple teams?

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    I was perusing ESPN and Scott Tolzien is starting in place of an injured Andrew Luck for Indianapolis. I just have to say that I'm very impressed with the Badger QB's that have managed to have any semblance of a career in the NFL. Who would have thought Shot-putting Scott Tolzien would start for multiple teams?
    True but also a sign of (a) dearth of quality backups and (b) the miserable situation in which the Colts find themselves thanks to their meddling, drug-addled owner.

Blog Entries
    Losing Edelman really hurts NE; most of the pundits thought Hoody Genius would just move on and not miss a beat
    They don't have that shifty player with the ability to play inside and always get open in space when the rush comes or on key third or fourth down and short anymore.
    And Hightower is the one guy on that defense they can't replace.

Kudos to Andy Reid; great job game planning. We dropped the ball the year we hired Ray Rhodes instead of Andy Reid. He outcoached Hoody Genius.

Hoody had a great quote post game. I have to find it. 8 words summed it all up...........it was something like

Bad Defense, Bad Play, Bad Coaching, Bad Game...too funny
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Losing Edelman really hurts NE; most of the pundits thought Hoody Genius would just move on and not miss a beat
    They don't have that shifty player with the ability to play inside and always get open in space when the rush comes or on key third or fourth down and short anymore.

Kudos to Andy Reid; great job game planning. We dropped the ball the year we hired Ray Rhodes instead of Andy Reid. He outcoached Hoody Genius.

Hoody had a great quote post game. I have to find it. 8 words summed it all up...........it was something like

Reid with pretty masterful game plan especially after halftime. I got blasted on Twitter after making fun of his college offense and being behind by 10 early.

Honestly, I completely agree with opening up the playbook, using motion and option, but it wasn't working early. Whether by adjustment or the lack of Hightower, it really got going later. Plus, Alex Smith looked like a different QB when all that motion allowed him to throw deep.

But he had all offseason to get ready for this one. Let's see if he keeps it up.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post

I agree with you and the value that WR Julian Edelman has in the Pats 'O'. He is simply crazy good. He can put up excellent 'All Purpose' Yards. He is a serious concern for any NFL Defense.

Another yes and the loss of Hightower. He's a "Key Player" in their Defensive Alignment.

I enjoy BB's grouchy quotes.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

carson wentz just pulled an old timey favre type of play

avoided about 5 sacks and threw a TD

Watching Browns/Steelers and its like really old times.

Browns get ball first, here is the series:

1. Kizer to throw, feels pressure, runs outside, Steelers in zone see it and stop him for 1 yard.
    2. False start Browns
    3. Run to Crowell, loses 5 yards AND goes OOB because a cutback failed spectacularly
    4. Draw play for 4
    5. PUNT BLOCKED FOR TD. One guy was through clean, 2 others defeated blocks almost immediately. About 6 Steelers were in end zone with 1 Brown to recover TD.

That said, Kizer has enough arm to make things interesting. Kinda Tebow now, needs the WR to run himself open, he is not throwing to spots yet, but I would be guardedly optimistic there.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wentz throws a pick to Ryan Kerrigan, DE.

Bears score on wildcat play with Glennon at WR.

Everything is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Watching Browns/Steelers and its like really old times.

Browns get ball first, here is the series:

1. Kizer to throw, feels pressure, runs outside, Steelers in zone see it and stop him for 1 yard.
    2. False start Browns
    3. Run to Crowell, loses 5 yards AND goes OOB because a cutback failed spectacularly
    4. Draw play for 4
    5. PUNT BLOCKED FOR TD. One guy was through clean, 2 others defeated blocks almost immediately. About 6 Steelers were in end zone with 1 Brown to recover TD.

That said, Kizer has enough arm to make things interesting. Kinda Tebow now, needs the WR to run himself open, he is not throwing to spots yet, but I would be guardedly optimistic there.
    I think ultimately Kizer should be a decent NFL quarterback.

Prater kicks a 58 yd FG to bring the Lions to within 1.

Ras! Hello.

NFC North update: Bears had 25 yards of passing in first half.

Falcons update: despite holding Bears to 25 yards passing, remain tied with the Beleaguered Bears at 10 a piece.

Ras: join up woodbuck's Pic'Em league. Be nice way to check in with you this season.
    Last edited by pbmax; 09-10-2017 at 03:16 PM. Reason: unintentional slight

Not sure I commit to Pickem but will try and get here during the season.

It still appears as if the Texans have a QB Issue. With 6:30 left in the 3rd QTR. ** It's 19-7 Jags.

Whoops ! Make that score ** now 26 - 7 Jacksonville.

The Bengals are looking like the Bungles today. Late in the 3rd QTR.... 20 to Zippo 'RAVENS'.

The other early games are 'up for grabs'.

Don't tell Bretsky, but Watt looks pretty legit versus Joe Thomas. Watt has very heavy and effective hands. I don't even remember seeing them work like that when he was a Badger. But he routinely gets Thomas' hands off him.

Tackles will adjust but its working so far.

He's also had a pick and a late hit penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Ras! Hello.

NFC North update: Bears had 25 yards of passing in first half.

Falcons update: despite holding Bears to 25 yards passing, remain tied with the Beleaguered Bears at 10 a piece.

Ras: join up woodblock's Pic'Em league. Be nice way to check in with you this season.
    Who in the 'F' is .... woodblock? I am clearly and have always been woodbuck27.

Demonstrate some decency and deserved respect. Otherwise ... 'F' you and such 'an ignorant smartass' attitude pbmax. I do not deserve such crap.

Do you want to drive another member out of here !?

Demonstrate some decency and deserved respect. Otherwise ... 'F' you and such 'an ignorant smartass' attitude pbmax. I do not deserve such crap.

How many have I driven out so far?

Woodblock is what auto correct does to your handle woodbuck when its made possessive.

Day 1 Jaguars Fan‏ @HPJArt 2h2 hours ago

allen robinson gets hurt on 1st play. bortles goes over to give support and smacks him ON THE INJURED KNEE

Hello Woody, hope all is well. You should save your anger for the enemy you guys face today, don't think PB meant anything. Sheesh.....