Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34

Thread: OFFICIAL SEAHAG vs PACK GAME THREAD

Blog Entries
    What's odd to me is someone would for some mysterious reason think that "not shitting the bed" has any semblance of realism whatsoever as a description of the Packers' performance in that game. Each team's job is to win games when they start counting. That one counts and it could have big ramifications later. Playing at home is huge for both teams and that's a 2 game swing head-to-head. Big win and strong performance when it counts vs. meaningless win and "didn't shit the bed" performance in a game that doesn't really count anyway....

All the NFL games I saw this week were pretty ragged, and I don't take too much from them in terms of predicting how good teams will be. That is my bland comment. Your combative response, accusing me of not letting others celebrate, is strange.

I don't think the Packers played all that well, but no big worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    With teams resting starters in preseason, opening day is like a preseason game, you can't take too much away from it. But there was no bed shitting.
    We can take a win away from it. A win that could be the tie breaker in the playoffs.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    When facing playoff-caliber NFL teams that are constructed like Seattle is - that's what playing well looks like. Move the chains, timely clutch plays that ultimately dictate the outcome. Physically dominating defense. Winning "ugly" by nullifying the ways in which the other team can beat you is a beautiful thing.

I can't think of a better start to a season than physically dominating and controlling a team that needs to win (and has been very good at it the last five years or so) by doing exactly that to other teams. It's the essence of the game I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
    So, saying we win this game, is it NOT three years in a row we've defeated SEA at home?? If we're gonna have a so-called "rivalry," they're gonna have to do something besides lose every time they come here...
    Yeah the fail Mary and NFC championship game still give the rivalry some balance. Holds some weight still

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Exactly and I think this is sorta what Maxie means too. You can mainly run, but you can't take the ball out of Rodgers hands entirely and faking a run is going to get the D to bite every time because of M3's rep in the 4 minute offense.
    MM has been setting up for that particular moment for years, running the ball all the time in the four-minute offense to establish that reputation. Cost him a chance for a SB a few years ago, but it was all part of his plan.

He's crafty.

I enjoyed this kind of win. Pack looked tough. They out-physicalled a physical team.

And Seattle's offense worried lots of folks on this board. A healthy Wilson, and a supposedly svelte Eddie Lacy.

So let's enjoy a big win.
    Last edited by Fritz; 09-11-2017 at 05:42 AM.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    The refs were WAY paranoid this one could get out of control. That's the big reason for the early call and ejection. If that one was in our favor, the Hawks still owe us a lot.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201709...alyze=boxscore

The games Highlights from NFL.Com.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    All the NFL games I saw this week were pretty ragged, and I don't take too much from them in terms of predicting how good teams will be. That is my bland comment. Your combative response, accusing me of not letting others celebrate, is strange.

I don't think the Packers played all that well, but no big worries.
    Yup it is way too early to really know how teams stand.

I still give New England a decent chance to make the Playoffs.

I must add that I was impressed with Detroit and its come from behind win. Matthew Stafford certainly earned his huge Pay Check.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

as great as the d was i think we need to take it with a grain of salt. the sea o sucked. graham dropped some balls, the o-line was bad, wrs other than baldwin are just guys, no rushing game. beginning to think the sea o just isn't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    as great as the d was i think we need to take it with a grain of salt. the sea o sucked. graham dropped some balls, the o-line was bad, wrs other than baldwin are just guys, no rushing game. beginning to think the sea o just isn't very good.
    That team has major concerns.

A win is a win is a win ...... but for pure enjoyment, I prefer a wild offensive show. Great if it is a one sided victory with our D chipping in too, but merely outscoring the other guys with Aaron Rodgers playing the way he should is fine with me too. I'm not complaining about any win, though.

I'd say this team has minor concerns - primarily the still fairly weak O Line and the still possibly shaky Corners.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?