Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 1 vs. Seattle

More Banjo: Week 1 vs. Seattle

As I posted in Game day thread, win today over Seachickens takes some pressure off road game next week versus Failcons.

I read that Randall had cramps (but went back into game at some point), Brooks was being looked at for a concussion and I missed the third listing.

Updates and press conference stuff to come tonight.

Today's Words of Wisdom:

Michelle Bruton @Michelle_NFL
    Invoking a penalty defending your QB is permissible if you can make up the yards on a subsequent play.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Zachary Jacobson‏ @ZachAJacobson 3m3 minutes ago
    #Packers injury updates. OLB Ahmad Brooks does have a concussion, CB Damarious Randall had cramps and Jason Spriggs has a hamstring injury.

I *think* I saw Randall come back in after the graphic, but I may have the timing off.

King replaced Randall. And I was not the only person who saw Randall back in.

Robert Zizzo‏ @robertzizzo 6m6 minutes ago
    #Packers injury report: Ahmad Brooks concussion, Jason Spriggs hamstring. Damarious Randall and Ty Montgomery returned after injuries.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Ron Wolf to Seahawks fan who tried to board press box elevator: "Have a nice trip home."
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

There's a joke about cramps and Randall in there somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Ron Wolf to Seahawks fan who tried to board press box elevator: "Have a nice trip home."
    Still feisty after all these years.

Thought about the late Seattle success passing. Two of them came against Randall, I think after he had cramps. So were they picking on an injured player or does he just not do well after an injury? Before that it was just about lock down. Seattle's biggest plays were one run and Wilson scrambling.

Green Bay Packers @packers 2h2 hours ago
    McCarthy: I thought our defense played at an extremely high level...Very impressed. #SEAvsGB #GoPackGo

McCarthy: Good victory. Feels good to be 1-0. #SEAvsGB #GoPackGo

McCarthy on @Mike_Daniels76: I thought Mike was dominant. Seemed to be in the backfield all day. #SEAvsGB #GoPackGo

Green Bay Packers @packers 2h2 hours ago
    Rodgers: The key to the game was our defense. The defense plays like that, we're going to be tough to beat. #SEAvsGB

Rodgers: These are the kind of wins you're thankful for come December & January. #SEAvsGB #GoPackGo

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Still feisty after all these years.

Thought about the late Seattle success passing. Two of them came against Randall, I think after he had cramps. So were they picking on an injured player or does he just not do well after an injury? Before that it was just about lock down. Seattle's biggest plays were one run and Wilson scrambling.
    They were both down the left sideline. I just think Randall's better in the slot. He reminds me of Casey Hayward.

Code:
    Team Stats		SS	GB		
    First Downs		12	23	
    Passes for First	8	15	
    Rushes for First	3	7	
    Penalties for First	1	1	
    Third Down Efficiency	3-11	8-15	
    Fourth Down Efficiency	0-0	0-0	
    Total Yards		225	370	
    Total Plays		48	74	
    Avg Gain Per Play	4.7	5.0	
    Net Yards Rushing	90	84	
    Rushes			18	28	
    Yards Per Rush		5.0	3.0	
    Stat Name			
    Net Yards Passing	135	286	
    Comp-Att		14-27	28-42	
    Yards Per Pass		4.5	6.2	
    Times Sacked		3	4	
    Yds Lost To Sacks	23	25	
    Interceptions Thrown	0	1	
    Punts			6	5	
    Punt Average		45.8	45.2	
    Penalties		8	8	
    Penalty Yards		50	70	
    Fumbles			1	1	
    Fumbles Lost	1	0	
    Time of Possession	20:41	39:19

The Seahawks cost themselves over 7% of win probability on 4th downs vs. the Packers: 3.5% on 4th and goal at the 3 in the 3rd quarter down by 4 points, 3.1% on 4th and 2 from the GB 42 scoreless in the 1st quarter, and 1.1% on 4th and 3 from their own 44 down by 8 in the 4th quarter.

Brian Burke, ESPN Analytics

Rodgers on INT: I didn't see him. And then he made me look really slow. (Shakes head).

Interesting article about NFL getting tougher on "punches". http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/p...-throw-a-punch

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The Seahawks cost themselves over 7% of win probability on 4th downs vs. the Packers: 3.5% on 4th and goal at the 3 in the 3rd quarter down by 4 points, 3.1% on 4th and 2 from the GB 42 scoreless in the 1st quarter, and 1.1% on 4th and 3 from their own 44 down by 8 in the 4th quarter.

Brian Burke, ESPN Analytics
    Does he state what the WP cost would have been if Carroll had gone for it and failed on any of these? And how does one measure likelihood of converting/scoring in these situations? Generically? Or does one look at Packer defense's historical difficulty in containing mobile QBs, botching assignments and generally getting off the field on 3rd and 4th down?

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Does he state what the WP cost would have been if Carroll had gone for it and failed on any of these? And how does one measure likelihood of converting/scoring in these situations? Generically? Or does one look at Packer defense's historical difficulty in containing mobile QBs, botching assignments and generally getting off the field on 3rd and 4th down?
    Going from memory, but those WP models usually look at game specific situations, not team specific.

However, I bet Pete's calculation was that they were on the road and their 3rd down efficiency was 25% (3/12) so it wasn't their day with the O line getting mauled. Packers were 56% (9/16) on 3rd down.

Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 10m10 minutes ago
    McCarthy on Kyle Murphy: Played well for his first game. Has things to work on. He did a nice job for his first start.

McCarthy: We were not as clean as we would like to be. Our mechanics and tempo could have been better.

McCarthy: We didn't play our best game. Play calls I wish I had back. That's why you have a chance to correct it.

McCarthy: Pursuit and finish on defense was outstanding. Tells us, we're healthy. Also, that it's another year in the defense, experience.

McCarthy on return of Geronimo Allison from suspension: Not worried about his reintegration. We have some personnel decisions to make.

McCarthy said Mike Daniels and Nick Perry graded out the highest of the players on defense.

Should Morgan Burnett still be listed as a SS? Kentrell Brice played 96% of defensive snaps. Burnett 100%. Jake Ryan 10%. Is Nitro now the Packers base defense?

Capers:

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein 2m2 minutes ago
    Dom Capers: We had outstanding effort, pursuit, finish. Like the way we started the game, three 3 and outs.

Capers: We still gave them four big plays, two in the 2-minute. Fortunately, played well in the red zone. Guys raised to the occasion.

Capers on nitro: Confident we can play the run out of it. It gives us a little more speed.

Capers: Daniels played more on third down. But saw what Mike did rushing. Hard to dispute what he did as a pass rusher.

Capers: Atlanta is a talented team playing in a new stadium. No. 1 offense in the NFL last year. They scored 28 points on NE in the 1st half

Bennett:

Green Bay Packers @packers 2m2 minutes ago
    Edgar Bennett on #SEAvsGB: The last four possessions we did a really good job as far as overall execution.

Daniels played 78% of snaps. Clark 76%. For big guys, is that too many snaps as the season wears on? By comparison, Sheldon Richardson played 66%. Jarran Reed 59%.

I suppose maybe those numbers go down once they get Dial inserted more.

Blog Entries
    Snap counts play into that. Seattle's D had 72 plays to defend and GB's 48 I think it was. 78% of 48 is 38. 66% of 72 is 47.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Interesting article about NFL getting tougher on "punches". http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/p...-throw-a-punch
    They need to review their current definition of what a 'Punch' should look like or even resemble.

I looked at that bad call by the Officials that erased the Pick 6 Points over and over and over again and didn't see anything that looked like 'a Punch'; as I know it should look like.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau