Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 1 vs. Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    They need to review their current definition of what a 'Punch' should look like or even resemble.

I looked at that bad call by the Officials that erased the Pick 6 Points over and over and over again and didn't see anything that looked like 'a Punch'; as I know it should look like.
    The rule states that throwing a forearm is the same as a punch. Not saying the call was correct, but throwing a forearm to someones's head, chin, neck, etc, can be interpreted the same as a punch with a fist. I would argue that you can do more damage with a hard forearm than trying to throw a punch in the NFL.

In a way that only the NFL can cross up its own signals, several people said that punching, including forearms to the opponent during extracurriculars, are going to be policed closely and that the 3 ejections during yesterday's game were part of this crackdown.

The funny part is that this was not on the list for points of emphasis this offseason, so teams didn't get the normal offseason/camp heads up.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wasn't sure if this belonged here or the still pursuing the dream thread. Nice tackle on punt coverage tonight by Banjo. Sherrels should have fair caught but still a nice tackle.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Still feisty after all these years.

Thought about the late Seattle success passing. Two of them came against Randall, I think after he had cramps. So were they picking on an injured player or does he just not do well after an injury? Before that it was just about lock down. Seattle's biggest plays were one run and Wilson scrambling.
    Or ...maybe he shouldn't have been put back into the game !?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Daniels played 78% of snaps. Clark 76%. For big guys, is that too many snaps as the season wears on? By comparison, Sheldon Richardson played 66%. Jarran Reed 59%.

I suppose maybe those numbers go down once they get Dial inserted more.
    Daniels did look winded on the sidelines.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Daniels played 78% of snaps. Clark 76%. For big guys, is that too many snaps as the season wears on? By comparison, Sheldon Richardson played 66%. Jarran Reed 59%.

I think they make too big of a deal over snap counts now days. If a guy plays 45 plays vs. 55 plays I doubt it has an impact next week. You could argue they are less effective the last 10 or more likely to get injured, but I think a guy recovers from week to week about the same regardless of snap count.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I've seen good things said by coaches and written about Kenny Clark and about Kentrell Brice. And two things I noticed with my own eyes was that Burnett and Daniels had the best games of their respective careers.

The growth of Clark and the dominance of Daniels makes the Nitro possible. Brice has 4.4 speed with good awareness and instincts and Burnett 4.5 speed with awesome awareness and instincts at this point in his career.

That Nitro defense is shaping up to be an excellent package! I can't wait to see more of dix and Brice and Burnett flying around inside!!!! Because they can all tackle! It's a great increase in speed from sideline to sideline with little drop off in tackling because the three safeties are such strong tacklers. It's also a good run defense because of our big uglys up front and the speed and awareness behind them. Burnett brings a Woodson-esq presence when he's at LB. He's even closer to the action so his decision making and awareness are highlighted more! And at LB his speed and ability to match up are on display too! If he plays like he played Sunday, he's at a pro bowl level in my opinion. God, that was fun to watch!!!!
    Last edited by RashanGary; 09-12-2017 at 03:22 AM.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar

66% of the 70+ plays we ran on offense is not necessarily less than Daniels or Clark.

Its my understanding the snap counts are determined by analytics now. Algorithms put guys who are at a particular risk of injury on a snap count.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I've seen good things said by coaches and written about Kenny Clark and about Kentrell Brice. And two things I noticed with my own eyes was that Burnett and Daniels had the best games of their respective careers.

The growth of Clark and the dominance of Daniels makes the Nitro possible. Brice has 4.4 speed with good awareness and instincts and Burnett 4.5 speed with awesome awareness and instincts at this point in his career.

That Nitro defense is shaping up to be an excellent package! I can't wait to see more of dix and Brice and Burnett flying around inside!!!! Because they can all tackle! It's a great increase in speed from sideline to sideline with little drop off in tackling because the three safeties are such strong tacklers. It's also a good run defense because of our big uglys up front and the speed and awareness behind them. Burnett brings a Woodson-esq presence when he's at LB. He's even closer to the action so his decision making and awareness are highlighted more! And at LB his speed and ability to match up are on display too! If he plays like he played Sunday, he's at a pro bowl level in my opinion. God, that was fun to watch!!!!
    I'm anxious to see the all-22 and figure out what is going on. We're blessed with some damn versatile safeties.

I'm pretty sure that Morgan Burnett got caught inside on the Chris Carson 30 yard run. He also got caught up on a block when Russel Wilson scampered for another 30+ yards.

The safeties will help with some of the new packages, but we still need our LB's to improve and step up.

In addition to the Nitro, it looked like whenever Fackrell was in there he was supposed to spy Wilson. And for being SS, it didnt seem like Brice was playing downhill all that often either which means a lot of 7 in the box.

Its like Capers looked at Graham and said if he counts as a tight end then all my safeties count as linebackers.

Blog Entries
    In addition to the Nitro, it looked like whenever Fackrell was in there he was supposed to spy Wilson. And for being SS, it didnt seem like Brice was playing downhill all that often either which means a lot of 7 in the box.

Its like Capers looked at Graham and said if he counts as a tight end then all my safeties count as linebackers.
    There was that one play where they omitted the spy and Wilson broke off 30. That was the end of a spyless D against Russ.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    There was that one play where they omitted the spy and Wilson broke off 30. That was the end of a spyless D against Russ.
    I am not sure on that. It looked like Burnett was the spy on that play.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Burnett did get lured out of position by something he saw. At the very least he got to first base with the dog on that play. If he was supposed to be a QB spy he really romanced the dog.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I'm anxious to see the all-22 and figure out what is going on. We're blessed with some damn versatile safeties.
    Where do you get all 22?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

It's a passing league. NITRO is just a smart adjustment. Capers and Trgo both told me that nickle is base. Packers can afford to give up more in the run game if they can stop the pass. Stubby will never change his core philosophy that he will win games on big plays from his offense and limiting the same with his defense.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Where do you get all 22?
    I've got a friend who gets it through their work. I think its just NFL gamepass.

Packers #1 on the NFL.com power rankings after week 1!

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    It's a passing league. NITRO is just a smart adjustment. Capers and Trgo both told me that nickle is base. Packers can afford to give up more in the run game if they can stop the pass. Stubby will never change his core philosophy that he will win games on big plays from his offense and limiting the same with his defense.
    That's true, but every team can just run dime. The trick is to do things nobody else can. Seattle is a great example. Earl Thomas is maybe the only true center fielder in the whole league. Having a guy who can really do that allows your other safety to be a slow goon who is practically a linebacker. You can run what's almost a college defense 4-4 split, with cover 1 and cover 3 all the time in the NFL. Being the only one who can run a certain type of defense has a way of letting you capitalize on players who are viewed by the rest of the league as tweeners.

What the 2017 Packers seem to have is an embarrassment of riches at safety in a league with a considerable deficit of quality safeties. We use safeties to play safety, to play slot CB, and now LB. I assume the benefit here is that it allows us to make 3-down use from cheap 2-down players like Dial, Jean Francois, Brooks, Martinez, and Ryan. I need to see the all-22 to make a better theory than that.

Correct, NFL Gamepass has all-22, usually goes up about 48 hours after game ends. All for just $100 per year. But it does have its limits: even coaches film didn't capture the Adams/Lane tussle in its entirety.