Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 101

Thread: Studs & Duds - Packers vs. Seahawks

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Wrong as that is, at least they got excited about something. Several times earlier in the game it was dead quiet.
    this is on the fans, and the stadium

    packer fans at games are a little bit different then other places. you have more elderly folks that have been following the team since the 20's and lots of families. they aren't gonna be your loud kind. more like the kind that yells at you to sit down when you stand up because you see a big play developing.

    and then there's lambeau. its never really loud. and thats because of the design. a big huge bowl is never gonna be loud. too many people sitting too far away from the field, and all the noise going up and out. i've been saying for years that we need to put some kind of roof on the place. not a dome, but something like seattle of the new miami stadium have. something to knock the noise back down towards the field

  2. #82
    Moose Rat HOFer woodbuck27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    28,347
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    this is on the fans, and the stadium

    packer fans at games are a little bit different then other places. you have more elderly folks that have been following the team since the 20's and lots of families. they aren't gonna be your loud kind. more like the kind that yells at you to sit down when you stand up because you see a big play developing.

    and then there's lambeau. its never really loud. and thats because of the design. a big huge bowl is never gonna be loud. too many people sitting too far away from the field, and all the noise going up and out. i've been saying for years that we need to put some kind of roof on the place. not a dome, but something like seattle of the new miami stadium have. something to knock the noise back down towards the field
    Then red....you (might?) take exception with this:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrj2O868SOk

    GET LOUD LAMBEAU
    * To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    * If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    * Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

  3. #83
    Moose Rat HOFer woodbuck27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    28,347
    Here is another perspective of Lambeau Field and how a Packer fan arrived without time for a Beer and Burger:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpchQJ7Otds

    Skydive Into Lambeau Field
    * To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    * If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    * Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

  4. #84
    Senior Rat Veteran QBME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The Flatland
    Posts
    557
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    this is on the fans, and the stadium

    packer fans at games are a little bit different then other places. you have more elderly folks that have been following the team since the 20's and lots of families. they aren't gonna be your loud kind. more like the kind that yells at you to sit down when you stand up because you see a big play developing.

    and then there's lambeau. its never really loud. and thats because of the design. a big huge bowl is never gonna be loud. too many people sitting too far away from the field, and all the noise going up and out. i've been saying for years that we need to put some kind of roof on the place. not a dome, but something like seattle of the new miami stadium have. something to knock the noise back down towards the field
    Don't agree. Lambeau has fans closer to the field than most any other football stadium. The cheering at Lambeau is quite audible and discerneable to the opposing teams, as opposed to a wall of noise created by modern day acoustic design.

    It's more difficult to ignore cat calls and personal references from fans 14 feet in back of your bench, in the end zone and all along the sidelines than it is for a cacophony of buzzing noises.

    Go Pack Go, and your mother wears army boots, indeed.

  5. #85
    Fried Rat HOFer KYPack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In the Bluegrass
    Posts
    7,766
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    this is the problem with this game

    the seahawks o-line was really really bad. did we look great because we're great, or did we look that we because they blow so bad

    i don't know if we can judge how good our d-line is after that game. however, if we would have looked bad against that bad line, then we would be in trouble

    what we do know, is that we looked good against a sucky o-line
    Yep.

    That Sea LT made Marshall Newhouse look like an All-Pro.

    Perry guzzled him.

  6. #86
    Moose Rat HOFer woodbuck27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    28,347
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Yep.

    That Sea LT made Marshall Newhouse look like an All-Pro.

    Perry guzzled him.
    Let's give it about 6 games to really see what we have resembling improvements we all might agree upon.

    I am simply gratified that we defeated Seattle. Next one up ! Atlanta and another very tough out with a 'W'.
    * To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    * If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    * Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

  7. #87
    Senior Rat HOFer smuggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Row! Row! Fight the power!
    Posts
    4,049
    I am going to be a bit of a downer here, but I do not think Davante is as good as some people seem to believe. He's only average or above average and Rodgers makes him better. I am torn about his future in Green Bay, but I really don't want us to pay him 10mil/year. He is not worth it.
    No lyrics

  8. #88
    Good observation. As with everybody, Aaron Rodgers makes him what he is, and he wouldn't be that hard to replace.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

  9. #89
    Stoner Rat HOFer Brandon494's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    5,873
    ^Lmao, people only think about fantasy impact now...there is a reason Cobb was open so much.

  10. #90
    Fried Rat HOFer KYPack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In the Bluegrass
    Posts
    7,766
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I am going to be a bit of a downer here, but I do not think Davante is as good as some people seem to believe. He's only average or above average and Rodgers makes him better. I am torn about his future in Green Bay, but I really don't want us to pay him 10mil/year. He is not worth it.
    I disagree. He is well along his personal development. His footwork has improved by at least 50%. He runs precise routes and has became violent with his hands. Speaking of hands, he's learned to catch and secure the ball. When he runs a double move, Rodgers respects it and gives him a long look. He is now the 3rd WR in that group. Should he get a huge financial deal? I dunno about that shit. He's in the mix, what money that garners, who knows?

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I am going to be a bit of a downer here, but I do not think Davante is as good as some people seem to believe. He's only average or above average and Rodgers makes him better.
    He has been up and down. (Jordy was mostly down his first year and a half, if memory serves.)

    I'd say this season is the rubber match. I initially was against the guy because Madtown liked him. That is certainly a reasonable basis for hating a player. But now I am hopeful that this will finally be the season where he proves his value.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Don't agree. Lambeau has fans closer to the field than most any other football stadium. The cheering at Lambeau is quite audible and discerneable to the opposing teams, as opposed to a wall of noise created by modern day acoustic design.

    It's more difficult to ignore cat calls and personal references from fans 14 feet in back of your bench, in the end zone and all along the sidelines than it is for a cacophony of buzzing noises.

    Go Pack Go, and your mother wears army boots, indeed.
    For an outdoor stadium Lambeau is designed to be loud. The fans are "on top" of the field in a large enclosed bowl. I've gone to games where it's been loud and others where it's not loud. Some of it is the age of the fans. There are a lot of old timers at Packers game who rarely even clap.
    “There’s a lot of interest in the draft. It’s great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don’t know anything about what they are talking about.”--Ted Thompson

  13. #93
    Senior Rat HOFer smuggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Row! Row! Fight the power!
    Posts
    4,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    ^Lmao, people only think about fantasy impact now...there is a reason Cobb was open so much.
    No. Not WRT to fantasy. I'm not a fantasy guy. Just musing, making an observation. Seattle's defense is really good. It wasn't disappointed with him in this game per se. But I didn't think his 2016 was as good as others did and he makes me nervous.
    No lyrics

  14. #94
    Diplomatic Immunity Rat HOFer mraynrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bandwagon
    Posts
    33,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    ^Lmao, people only think about fantasy impact now...there is a reason Cobb was open so much.
    I assume you mean because Seattle was chasing Bennett Adams and Nelson. I didn't see much of the game but I saw Cobb getting open a couple of times because Seattle lost track of him.

  15. #95
    Diplomatic Immunity Rat HOFer mraynrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bandwagon
    Posts
    33,219
    About Lambeau; it's one of the quietest stadiums I've been in. Cincy, Philly, Buffalo, Detroit, Mpls, San Fran, County Stadium, Indy, AZ, were all significantly louder and fans standing more. Cincy fans stand the whole game. Cleveland and Chicago were quieter but those were total blowouts by the visitors and the teams sucked so hard to tell. Packer home fans are nice people, nice friendly drunks who are even generally friendly to the opposing team's fans. More like watching a game with your extended family. Other stadiums are
    Like watching a game at a raucous bar.

  16. #96
    Barbershop Rat HOFer Pugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    N. Fort Myers, FL
    Posts
    8,079
    Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    STUD:
    Vogel - had some really nice punts...one out of the end zone went past the 50, that's huge!
    Daniels - played like a man
    Perry - Keeps getting better
    DB's - Had 1 bad series in the 1st half, but other than that, solid. swarm tackling, aggressive to the ball. I liked it.
    Murphy - Can't compliment a 2nd year player who never sniffed the field last year enough for what he did.
    Martellus Bennett - I don't care if it was cheap, he stood up for his QB at the end to he game. brings an attitude this team needs.
    Nelson/Cobb/Adams- Doin what they do.
    Montgomery - Not flashy, but almost 60 yards rushing and almost 40 receiving...if he averaged that all year I think he is real dangerous.
    Rodgers - 1st half bad, but looked ready in 2nd half.

    Duds...

    Refs - Weird game.



    To any Florida people, stay safe! Blessed to have planned to have our friends here today to watch the game with us from near Naples, Florida. They are lucky to have gotten out, but prayers up to all those down there, and still those in Texas and the area.
    Hubby and I evacuated all the way up to GB. We are staying at his brother's place waiting for power to be restored. We got lucky as hell and our house was spared damage as far as my neighbors can tell from the outside.

  17. #97
    Barbershop Rat HOFer Pugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    N. Fort Myers, FL
    Posts
    8,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Studs - The D, the offense looked ok considering who they were up against and who is calling the plays.

    Duds - Special Teams minus Crosby and M3. What the fuck was he doing calling TO's at the end of the first half?
    I couldn't understand that either. Why in the hell would you give your opponent a TO at the end of the half? Who cares if you don't score. It would have been tied and you get the ball first after the half. smh Some of Stubby's time management leaves a lot to be desired.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Hubby and I evacuated all the way up to GB. We are staying at his brother's place waiting for power to be restored. We got lucky as hell and our house was spared damage as far as my neighbors can tell from the outside.
    Major congratulations.

    Had you been a reader of FYI, you might have been talked into sitting tight and guarding your fort by a very persuasive fellow. Glad things worked out for you and you are vacationing in sunny Green Bay.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I am going to be a bit of a downer here, but I do not think Davante is as good as some people seem to believe. He's only average or above average and Rodgers makes him better. I am torn about his future in Green Bay, but I really don't want us to pay him 10mil/year. He is not worth it.
    Yup.

  20. #100
    Red Devil Rat HOFer gbgary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    juuust o/s dallas
    Posts
    12,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post

    I know it's one game but this defense really has me excited.
    i'm with ya but let's tap the brakes a bit. sea's o sucks pretty bad. the atl o will tell us more.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •