Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Studs & Duds - Packers vs. Seahawks

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    . And Rogers go marginally pushed in the shoulder. The NFL guy Perarra sp? who does everything h can to protect his old buddies even said both calls were poor.
    A guy reaches out with 2 hands and pushes a player in the back and its a bad call?? Seriously? That is textbook easy as pie to call absolute no brainer. A stupid penalty to be sure, but it gets called every single time on any return of a punt or kick.

The one I had a beef with was the taunting on Cobb. After watching Seattle and SF taunt our guys for how many damn seasons while I scream "wheres the flag" they called that ticky tack bullshit?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Oh, and DUD--M3. After daring to dream that we would run against the nickel and exploit our dual threat TEs we continually split them out and passed into the dime on 2nd and 10. Then late in the game when Seattle stacked 8 in the box we ran into it as MM loves to do. The play action was so out of character that Penn and Teller called and said they are putting into their show.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    STUDS: REFS...........We undoubtedly got the calls today...which IMO never happens........they really F'cked up the TD for Seattle and it was a huge gamechanger
    The pass interference that they missed when Adams got hit was far more obvious than the one in the corner of the end zone. Did you see the Seattle receiver grab the head of the Packer DB and pull him into his body? I would think THAT was the reason for the no-call. Not a word about that or the Adams interference by the incompetent fag commentators.

And the pick 6 that got taken away was clearly a legitimate call too - the push in the back of Rodgers chasing the guy who intercepted the pass.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I second ND72's nomination of Vogel. He was backed up a couple of times and hit no duds. He allowed 1 return of 5 punts, though there was one other moon shot he hit that could have been returned.

Kid looks good so far. 42 Net is great is they have less than 20 returns for the season.

Fackrell was active, more than he was in preseason. Still not a force at getting quick pressure, he has a nose for the ball and being in position. Would have loved to see more of Brooks.

Murphy held up better than I expected. And he seemed to get better.
    All true - Vogel was excellent. Murphy wasn't hopeless going against an excellent D Line. And Fackrell did his job in the scheme - about all you can ask of a back up.

I never even saw Brooks hit the field, and I was surprised to see it written on the screen that he got the concussion.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Solid review, Vince. Like all your work, great.

What happened to Brooks? Concussion protocol? When did he get hit? He must have delivered a blow somewhere, where was it?

Not a great game, but there was some slobberknockin' goin on out there. Fair amount of bad blood flowing btw the two ballclubs.
    I had to miss most of the 1st half and third quarter, was wondering about the injuries. Hope Brooks doesn't miss too much time.

Glad to hear Vogel passed the first test. And glad to hear frickin' Fackrell did something.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Duds: the fans. Doing a loud 'go pack go' chant in the 4th quarter when the offense is on the field? the hell is wrong with them.

PS. Go check reddit and I get reminded why I hate the Packer subreddit so much (besides the constant baby + dog pics), there is a thread where people are actually defending the chanting in the game. No wonder that place is garbage.
    I am better looking than you.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Oh, and DUD--M3. After daring to dream that we would run against the nickel and exploit our dual threat TEs we continually split them out and passed into the dime on 2nd and 10. Then late in the game when Seattle stacked 8 in the box we ran into it as MM loves to do. The play action was so out of character that Penn and Teller called and said they are putting into their show.
    Good one. It might have been my favorite call of the day. Those 1st and 2nd round runs into stacked boxes were my least.

But I did like some of the routes early in the game. Really seemed to work to get Bennett/Kendricks and Cobb open in or at least from the middle of the field.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by arcilite View Post
    Duds: the fans. Doing a loud 'go pack go' chant in the 4th quarter when the offense is on the field? the hell is wrong with them.

PS. Go check reddit and I get reminded why I hate the Packer subreddit so much (besides the constant baby + dog pics), there is a thread where people are actually defending the chanting in the game. No wonder that place is garbage.
    Wrong as that is, at least they got excited about something. Several times earlier in the game it was dead quiet.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I didn't see a punch.
    You also never saw the complete play. Every time they started showing the replay, they cut it off before its completion. The longest playback showed Lane first pushing Adams' head down with his forearm and then slamming his head back down into the turf after that with the same forearm. Maybe that was enough for the ejection, maybe something happened after that, but you didn't see it and I didn't see it. And neither did those idiots Troy and Buck.
    Last edited by mission; 09-11-2017 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arcilite View Post

Yeah, I was kind of surprised by the quiet crowd. After the Daniels strip sack they were just kind of sitting on their hands. Was it the Milwaukee tix package?

Wait a minute, Wilde just said they were doing the wave while they have the ball. Is that true?

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Perfect weekend for WI sports. Brewers sweep the Cubs in Wriggly and then the Packers beat the Seahawks in satisfying fashion.

Studs:
    Rodgers-to-Nelson. The only thing more satisfying than Seattle getting a 12 men on the field penalty is when we score a TD off it.

Mike Daniels + Nick Perry. Reminded me of this:

Morgan Burnett was everywhere.

Ty Montgomery is just a one man offense. Weird to see a RB wearing 88. Its incredible he's got the vision that he does. Count pass blocking among his long list of talents.

When guys have trouble getting open its going to be real nice to have Bennett out there who you can complete passes to anyways.

Duds:
    Refs were bad and the Packers got away with major shit. When Pete Carrol calls the league office to complain he should just get a recording of the fail mary audio.

MM should have kept the beard.

Vince Biegel is nursing a foot while TJ Watt gets 2 sacks and an Int in his first game. God damnit Vince get out there and show who is the better Badger.

Pete Carrol's dumb fucking face.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Yeah, I was kind of surprised by the quiet crowd. After the Daniels strip sack they were just kind of sitting on their hands. Was it the Milwaukee tix package?
    Wait a minute, Wilde just said they were doing the wave while they have the ball. Is that true?
    Yes. And no, it was not a Milwaukee tix game.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Pete Carrol's dumb fucking face.
    I second that emotion.

I know some people don't like the calls on the INT return, but you have to remember they had just called Cobb for some rather mundane post play talking. The officials made it clear from the get-go that they were not going to tolerate all the hormonal vag rage both teams seemed to have pent up. The push in the back is a no-brainer. The official sees hands push the back of a jersey - much less the only player with a chance to make a play - and that's going to be a flag every time. The fore arm seemed to be just as much about the continued attempt to choke Adams out on the ground as it was about the initial pussy strike.

I got tired of the pulling and grabbing by the DBs of both teams more than anything though. Weak.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    A guy reaches out with 2 hands and pushes a player in the back and its a bad call?? Seriously? That is textbook easy as pie to call absolute no brainer. A stupid penalty to be sure, but it gets called every single time on any return of a punt or kick.

The one I had a beef with was the taunting on Cobb. After watching Seattle and SF taunt our guys for how many damn seasons while I scream "wheres the flag" they called that ticky tack bullshit?
    Dez Bryant did the same thing that Cobb did in the late game and no call was made.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Mike Daniels had the most dominant non qb performance I've seen in ten years of Packer football. Wow. Woodson and Collins had some days. Matthews has had some games. But this was the best I've seen from a packer maybe since Reggie.

So glad to see the corners and Clark and the nitro defense play well. If we play a solid game against Atlanta on the road, our defense is looking like they could be legit!!!

Nick Perry was a beast too! Just wow!!! We have some playmakers peaking on defense!

Daniels
    Perry
    Clinton dix
    Burnett (at ILB)
    Matthews (he'll make plays this year)

And we've got a slew of guys who could really come into their own! Randall and House played great! Rollins played well too! It's a completely different secondary now, healthy and with House. Clark looked strong and honestly, he's still 21 years old and a year away from really being who he is. But he's solid in there. Helps Daniels a lot!

Man, I'm excited!!

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    So glad to see the corners and Clark and the nitro defense play well. If we play a solid game against Atlanta on the road, our defense is looking like they could be legit!!!
    Writeup on Nitro from Sunday's game: http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...run/644855001/

Writeup on Nitro from Sunday's game: http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...run/644855001/
    It will be interesting next week. Atlanta is exactly the kind of team that the Nitro was designed to stop.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen