Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VIDEO: Martellus Bennett Shoves Seahawks LB and Takes Personal Foul to Defend Aaron Rodgers

VIDEO: Martellus Bennett Shoves Seahawks LB and Takes Personal Foul to Defend Aaron Rodgers

http://www.12up.com/posts/5521682-vi...rs?a_aid=36476

VIDEO: Martellus Bennett Shoves Seahawks LB and Takes Personal Foul to Defend Aaron Rodgers

Comment woodbuck27: We saw DL Mike Daniels back up his 'less talk and more action call' for the Packers Defense today. We saw some good overall 'D' today. We saw some good play from Randall Cobb today. We saw a wonderful Patented Aaron Rodgers Quick Passing play (with Seattle's Defensive player Wagner still not off the field) that resulted in a TD catch and run by Jordy Nelson.

Of all the things I saw today that I liked was this defense of his QB by TE Martellus Bennett ;penalty or not. This was certainly a deserving ' slap on the back' play by our new TE Martellus Bennett. He also played his position very well today and should certainly add a lot to the Packer Offense.

It's stuff like this that puts the proper glue in a potential Super Bowl Contender to really and possibly get it done. This is the stuff that helps build solid morale.

GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    That was a stupid, stupid penalty. Rogers dove head first for a first down and the defender had every right to do what he did. Bennett's moronic play cost the team 15 yds and more importantly stopped the clock and cost the Packers 40 seconds of running the clock out to the 2 minute warning. I didn't see anything "tough" about that.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

I like sticking up for your QB but I would prefer the grab him by the jersey or shoulder pads approach to limit the chance of a 15 yard penalty.

If they would have needed that FG, that was a brutal penalty.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hard to say. My first reaction was exactly the same. I even got in trouble for modelling the wrong kind of language in front of young ears. But in retrospect I can see an argument for setting the tone. Dumb in the short term but maybe this kind of attitude from a guy who figures to be one of the offense's leaders has long term benefits for the 2017 Packers.

i loved it

we now have a "take no shit" attitude on offense

and you know a-rod liked it, there was a reason he looked for bennett a play or two later

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Always need to step up for AR. Duck the penalty it happens but when a guy drills his helmet into you QB that's already going to the ground fuck him up.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Yup. Not only did the guy go in hard on your QB, it's the Seahawks. Fuck the Seahawks.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

I'm okay with everything on that play. Okay with Wright trying to prevent a 1st down. Okay with Bennett coming to Rodgers' defense. Now, if the play had resulted in a 1st and 25, I would feel differently.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

no problem with it...at that point of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I like sticking up for your QB but I would prefer the grab him by the jersey or shoulder pads approach to limit the chance of a 15 yard penalty.

If they would have needed that FG, that was a brutal penalty.
    I think there are two good ways to go:
    1) You spear the offending player in his back with your own helmet, causing severe pain and suffering, your own ejection, and both benches to clear.
    2) You get in the brute's face and bark foul language. The refs will accept this, break things up. Point made, everyone's manhood intact, no penalty for your team.

Baby Brother Bennett took the stupid middle route. He pushed the bad guy far after the whistle. If you watch the replay, the guy did a spectacular flop like he just had been struck by lightning. Easy call for ref that hurts team.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I think there are two good ways to go:
    1) You spear the offending player in his back with your own helmet, causing severe pain and suffering, your own ejection, and both benches to clear.
    2) You get in the brute's face and bark foul language. The refs will accept this, break things up. Point made, everyone's manhood intact, no penalty for your team.

Baby Brother Bennett took the stupid middle crowd. He pushed the bad guy far after the whistle. If you watch the replay, the guy did a spectacular flop like he just had been struck by lightning. Easy call for ref that hurts team.
    1) might get you ejected, and maybe even suspended for the next game.

I wonder what Marty would have done if it was his brother who hit Arod.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I wonder what Marty would have done if it was his brother who hit Arod.
    Get the police involved

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    That was a stupid, stupid penalty. Rogers dove head first for a first down and the defender had every right to do what he did. Bennett's moronic play cost the team 15 yds and more importantly stopped the clock and cost the Packers 40 seconds of running the clock out to the 2 minute warning. I didn't see anything "tough" about that.

" That was a stupid, stupid penalty. Rogers dove head first for a first down and the defender had every right to do what he did. "
    Cheesehead Craig

Comment woodbuck27: Your a proponent of hitting and leading with your helmet !?

That is utter nonsense.

Martellus Bennett took exception with that obvious attempt to injure his QB (attempting a hit and leading with the helmet) and did what any man with balls would do. Martellus Bennett stepped up to make a point that was not a proper thing to do. His response was instinctive and certainly would give him respect by his team mates. He acted full on with a strong emotion and screw the penalty under that circumstance.

" Bennett's moronic play ...." Cheesehead Craig

You refer here to your new First Level TE as a Moron !? Uhh !? Maybe your post was illicited with a tad too much emotion Cheesehead Craig!?
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

I was happy with it.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

" That was a stupid, stupid penalty. Rogers dove head first for a first down and the defender had every right to do what he did. "
    Cheesehead Craig

That is utter nonsense.

Martellus Bennett took exception with that obvious attempt to injure his QB (attempting a hit and leading with the helmet) and did what any man with balls would do. Martellus Bennett stepped up to make a point that was not a proper thing to do. His response was instinctive and certainly would give him respect by his team mates. He acted full on with a strong emotion and screw the penalty under that circumstance.

You refer here to your new First Level TE as a Moron !? Uhh !? Maybe your post was illicited with a tad too much emotion Cheesehead Craig!?
    Funny, you have no problem ripping on MM and TT on a consistent basis, but I say something bad about a new TE and you have a fit? That's rich.

His play was moronic and I'll stand by that assessment.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Incoherent rant with visual aids and multicolored font in 3......2.......

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

Cheesehead Craig

That is utter nonsense.

I'm not so sure that pushing a guy when the both of you are fully padded and helmeted and there are refs standing right next to you requires much in the way of balls.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I'm not so sure that pushing a guy when the both of you are fully padded and helmeted and there are refs standing right next to you requires much in the way of balls.
    Then where I come from it certainly makes sense in terms of how your QB should be treated. That takes a certain integrity.

Also if you look at Zool's post #18 this thread I would say M.B's Balls were in clear view of Seattle defender NO.50 .... 'Wright'.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 09-11-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Incoherent rant with visual aids and multicolored font in 3......2.......
    You were maybe or partially correct...that took place two posts after your above post.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 09-11-2017 at 05:15 PM.