Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 76

Thread: Official Atlanta Week Thread

  1. #1

    Official Atlanta Week Thread

    How many of you knew the second of these Falcon coordinators?

    New Falcons coordinators Steve Sarkisian (offense) and Marquand Manuel (defense)
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...e-quarterbacks
    Bring back stick 'em and the tear away jersey. Allow TD celebrations for 8 seconds. Allow sack celebrations for 4 seconds. If a player goes longer, allow their opponent to select a coach or player to take a close range shot from a T-shirt cannon.

  2. #2
    Postal Rat HOFer Joemailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    19,411
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    How many of you knew the second of these Falcon coordinators?

    New Falcons coordinators Steve Sarkisian (offense) and Marquand Manuel (defense)
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...e-quarterbacks
    Can we count on there being communications problems between the Falcons cornerback's and safeties?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Can we count on there being communications problems between the Falcons cornerback's and safeties?
    Old habits die hard.
    Bring back stick 'em and the tear away jersey. Allow TD celebrations for 8 seconds. Allow sack celebrations for 4 seconds. If a player goes longer, allow their opponent to select a coach or player to take a close range shot from a T-shirt cannon.

  4. #4
    Speaking of that, did anyone see a perplexed back end yesterday? Its almost as if they knew where to be. The only time it looked weird was that Baldwin crossing pattern.
    Bring back stick 'em and the tear away jersey. Allow TD celebrations for 8 seconds. Allow sack celebrations for 4 seconds. If a player goes longer, allow their opponent to select a coach or player to take a close range shot from a T-shirt cannon.

  5. #5
    Neo Rat HOFer Fritz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Detroitish
    Posts
    14,934
    I noticed that, too. How many years, after a big play by the opposing team, did we see Packer corners and safeties shrugging and eye-rolling at each other?

    Of the d-backs, in my limited viewing, I thought House played the worst of the bunch. He seemed to get turned around a lot.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

    KYPack

  6. #6
    Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,121
    Think at some point we'll have 8 defensive backs on the field?
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

  7. #7
    Moose Rat HOFer woodbuck27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    27,648
    The reported weakness in the Seahawks game is their Receiving Core.

    Did that make our DB's look good?

    Also the 'D' upfront (led by Daniels) placed a lot of heat on Russell Wilson.
    * To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    * If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    * Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

  8. #8
    Senior Rat HOFer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    9,204
    I can already hear it if we beat the Falcons this week Sunday:

    "Well, the Bears almost beat the Falcons they aren't that good."

    You play the teams they put on the schedule.
    Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it f***** you.

  9. #9
    Postal Rat HOFer Joemailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    19,411
    Falcons are favored by 2.5 points.

  10. #10
    Neo Rat HOFer Fritz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Detroitish
    Posts
    14,934
    Isn't this one Thursday night? And did the Falcones play their first game at home or in Chicago?

    Not much turnaround time if this is a Thursday nighter. And any word on Brooks's concussion? Or SPRIGGS's hamstring?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

    KYPack

  11. #11
    Postal Rat HOFer Joemailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    19,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Isn't this one Thursday night? And did the Falcones play their first game at home or in Chicago?

    Not much turnaround time if this is a Thursday nighter. And any word on Brooks's concussion? Or SPRIGGS's hamstring?
    Sunday night. Usually not much injury information until at least Wednesday. Especially with concussions.

  12. #12
    Rat Starter QBME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The Flatland
    Posts
    488
    I know it's cliche, but I truly believe the Falcons/Bears game was a trap game for the Falcons, and they barely (pun intended) survived. Atlanta was looking forward a week to the Packers.

    Brand spankin' new shiny stadium, NFC Champs, norrowly escaping in the regular season to Green Bay in Atlanta last year (I was there.). Wanting to disprove the "Super Bowl Hangover".

    Packers are in for a real tanglement this week.

  13. #13
    Red Devil Rat HOFer gbgary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    juuust o/s dallas
    Posts
    12,715
    a much better O than sea. this will be a tough one.

  14. #14
    Postal Rat HOFer Joemailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    19,411
    Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    I know it's cliche, but I truly believe the Falcons/Bears game was a trap game for the Falcons, and they barely (pun intended) survived. Atlanta was looking forward a week to the Packers.

    Brand spankin' new shiny stadium, NFC Champs, norrowly escaping in the regular season to Green Bay in Atlanta last year (I was there.). Wanting to disprove the "Super Bowl Hangover".

    Packers are in for a real tanglement this week.
    I agree. MM usually pretty good at rallying the troops as an underdog. Communication on offense will be a challenge.

  15. #15
    Moose Rat HOFer woodbuck27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    27,648
    Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    I know it's cliche, but I truly believe the Falcons/Bears game was a trap game for the Falcons, and they barely (pun intended) survived. Atlanta was looking forward a week to the Packers.

    Brand spankin' new shiny stadium, NFC Champs, norrowly escaping in the regular season to Green Bay in Atlanta last year (I was there.). Wanting to disprove the "Super Bowl Hangover".

    Packers are in for a real tanglement this week.
    Will Vegas have the Atlanta Falcons at 3 Point Favourites or less?
    * To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    * If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    * Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

  16. #16
    CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Maplewood Minnesota
    Posts
    6,503
    Falcons win by 24.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

  17. #17
    Moose Rat HOFer woodbuck27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    27,648
    OK here it is:

    Sunday Night Football: 9/17 8:30 ET At Atlanta -2.5 ( Road Dog Green Bay ) with an OVER/UNDER of 53.5

    GO PACK GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 09-11-2017 at 08:20 PM.
    * To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    * If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    * Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

  18. #18
    Sugadaddy Rat HOFer Zool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Across the border to the West
    Posts
    10,440
    Think the Packers are a draw? They've opened new stadiums in week 2 the last 2 seasons.
    All posts are opinion based unless otherwise noted

  19. #19
    I question whether the Falcons are better than the Seahawks. True, they have better receivers and better RBs and probably a better O Line. However, I don't see Ryan escaping the pass rush as Wilson was able to do so many times, and I sure don't see him running for yardage like Wilson.

    Also, our Offense had a lot of near misses against the Seahawks. Some of that type of play should be successful against a slightly lesser D.

    I think we go down there and beat them.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

  20. #20
    Postal Rat HOFer Joemailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    19,411
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I question whether the Falcons are better than the Seahawks. True, they have better receivers and better RBs and probably a better O Line. However, I don't see Ryan escaping the pass rush as Wilson was able to do so many times, and I sure don't see him running for yardage like Wilson.

    Also, our Offense had a lot of near misses against the Seahawks. Some of that type of play should be successful against a slightly lesser D.

    I think we go down there and beat them.
    Atlanta had the NFL's #1 offense last year, and there's no reason to think they'll decline this year. The Packers offense, which seemed to figure some things out in the 2nd half yesterday will need to play a good 4 quarters to have a chance Sunday. I expect them to play better offensively than they did yesterday.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •