Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Official Atlanta Week Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    I suppose it doesn't matter,but how did Brooks get that concussion?
    No idea. When they mentioned during the game that Brooks was being evaluated for a concussion, I couldn't remember hearing his name mentioned. He played 6 snaps on defense and 1 on special teams. He was credited with 1 tackle on a Lacy run midway through the 2nd quarter.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    I suppose it doesn't matter,but how did Brooks get that concussion?
    He got hit on the head.

Sorry, KY. Couldn't stop myself.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Both tackles now on the injury list, Bulaga with his ankle and Bakhtiari with a hamstring. Explains swapping RJF for Pankey. Here comes the annual injury parade.

Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    Well, they lost their OC, so yeah, it's possible. At least experiencing some early season struggles, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    And Ryan played out of his mind, and IMO over his head last season. Does it continue?
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Both tackles now on the injury list, Bulaga with his ankle and Bakhtiari with a hamstring. Explains swapping RJF for Pankey. Here comes the annual injury parade.
    Can Pankey play tackle? With Spriggs out (not a loss), Murphy is the only healthy tackle unless I'm missing someone. Atlanta may not have the line Seattle does, but if Bakhtiari and Bulaga are out, Rodgers is in big trouble.

On the plus side, Atlanta has o-line troubles even without injury. Their new guard (replaced a guy who retired) had a terrible game against the Bears:
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ons/105583774/

The Atlanta coach is talking about cleaning things up... where have I heard that kind of coach speak before, and how well did it work out?
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Can Pankey play tackle? With Spriggs out (not a loss), Murphy is the only healthy tackle unless I'm missing someone. Atlanta may not have the line Seattle does, but if Bakhtiari and Bulaga are out, Rodgers is in big trouble.

On the plus side, Atlanta has o-line troubles even without injury. Their new guard (replaced a guy who retired) had a terrible game against the Bears:
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ons/105583774/

The Atlanta coach is talking about cleaning things up... where have I heard that kind of coach speak before, and how well did it work out?
    Pankey play both Guard and Tackle at West Virginia. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...key?id=2558143

Most had him projected to Guard in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post

Did he say its just an adjustment in pad level?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Seems like every year one position gets crushed by injury. Tackle wouldn't be a big deal if our QB was Joe Schmoe, but since its ARod....

Have to hope Bakhtiari can go and that he doesn't make whatever he has worse.

No worries about the O-line. Ted had it all figured out way before the season started.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    No worries about the O-line. Ted had it all figured out way before the season started.
    But you worship the John Schneider approach of active FA signings. Worked real well. Their OLine problems are great BEFORE anyone is injured amIright!

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    But you worship the John Schneider approach of active FA signings. Worked real well. Their OLine problems are great BEFORE anyone is injured amIright!
    He's made some real errors on the O-Line. Traded Max Unger, a Pro Bowl Center, for Jimmy Graham. Had Jahri Evans last year and cut him. Tried to make up for it this year by going after T.J. Lang, but lost out to Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Who ever said I worship Schneider? I do find it odd that TT isn't good enough figure out that protecting Rodgers is job number 1.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Who ever said I worship Schneider? I do find it odd that TT isn't good enough figure out that protecting Rodgers is job number 1.
    yawn.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

current o-line situation has the potential to become the rb fiasco of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    current o-line situation has the potential to become the rb fiasco of last year.
    That would be fine with me. But I don't want the CB fiasco again.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 8m8 minutes ago
    So this doesn't appear good for Daniels (see photo) but is a protective wrap. Won't use in game and won't be on injury report.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    #98 converts to Left Tackle.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ^^^ Lowrys' fingers barely reach the top of his thigh pads.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    ^^^ Lowrys' fingers barely reach the top of his thigh pads.
    He's headed into battle unarmed.

@RobDemovsky

David Bakhtiari practiced in pads. Limited yesterday but at least there's a chance Packers won't be without both starting tackles on Sunday.
    Is practicing in pads the same as full participation? If so I would think there is more than just "a chance" he plays on Sunday.