Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Official Atlanta Week Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    I suppose it doesn't matter,but how did Brooks get that concussion?
    No idea. When they mentioned during the game that Brooks was being evaluated for a concussion, I couldn't remember hearing his name mentioned. He played 6 snaps on defense and 1 on special teams. He was credited with 1 tackle on a Lacy run midway through the 2nd quarter.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    I suppose it doesn't matter,but how did Brooks get that concussion?
    He got hit on the head.

Sorry, KY. Couldn't stop myself.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Both tackles now on the injury list, Bulaga with his ankle and Bakhtiari with a hamstring. Explains swapping RJF for Pankey. Here comes the annual injury parade.

Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    Well, they lost their OC, so yeah, it's possible. At least experiencing some early season struggles, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    And Ryan played out of his mind, and IMO over his head last season. Does it continue?
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Both tackles now on the injury list, Bulaga with his ankle and Bakhtiari with a hamstring. Explains swapping RJF for Pankey. Here comes the annual injury parade.
    Can Pankey play tackle? With Spriggs out (not a loss), Murphy is the only healthy tackle unless I'm missing someone. Atlanta may not have the line Seattle does, but if Bakhtiari and Bulaga are out, Rodgers is in big trouble.

On the plus side, Atlanta has o-line troubles even without injury. Their new guard (replaced a guy who retired) had a terrible game against the Bears:
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ons/105583774/

The Atlanta coach is talking about cleaning things up... where have I heard that kind of coach speak before, and how well did it work out?
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Have to hope Bakhtiari can go and that he doesn't make whatever he has worse.

No worries about the O-line. Ted had it all figured out way before the season started.

current o-line situation has the potential to become the rb fiasco of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    current o-line situation has the potential to become the rb fiasco of last year.
    That would be fine with me. But I don't want the CB fiasco again.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 8m8 minutes ago
    So this doesn't appear good for Daniels (see photo) but is a protective wrap. Won't use in game and won't be on injury report.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ^^^ Lowrys' fingers barely reach the top of his thigh pads.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    He's headed into battle unarmed.

@RobDemovsky

David Bakhtiari practiced in pads. Limited yesterday but at least there's a chance Packers won't be without both starting tackles on Sunday.
    Is practicing in pads the same as full participation? If so I would think there is more than just "a chance" he plays on Sunday.

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein 26m26 minutes ago
    Same three missing from #Packers practice: OT Bryan Bulaga, OLB Ahmad Brooks and OT Jason Spriggs.

Wes Hodkiewicz @WesHod 27m27 minutes ago
    David Bakhtiari (hamstring) taking part in portion of practice open to media. No Bryan Bulaga or Spriggs. Ahmad Brooks watching #Packers

Andy Benoit @Andy_Benoit 23h23 hours ago
    Film: #Packers a static formation offense. Rarely employ motion. They will shift presnap, though.

Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky 1h1 hour ago
    David Bakhtiari practiced in pads. Limited yesterday but at least there's a chance Packers won't be without both starting tackles on Sunday.

BACH HAS PACKERS HAMMY

Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky 1h1 hour ago
    Ahmad Brooks remains in the concussion protocol although he's been watching practice the last two days, a sign he's made some progress.

Bulaga has been out for 22 days now.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    #98 converts to Left Tackle.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

He should be an O Lineman. Pretty hard to get a holding penalty that way. BTW, who is that with the white T-shirt over his big gut? His arms seem to be about the same length as Lowry.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Kind of interesting comparing Lowry and Clark for the positions of their hands relative to their waists. Clark's waist looks to be at his mid-forearm. Lowry's is at the base of his thumb.

What's with the protective wrap? Does he have an injury or is just a prophylaxis? If prophylaxis shouldn't all Packer defenders be wearing them?

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Can Pankey play tackle? With Spriggs out (not a loss), Murphy is the only healthy tackle unless I'm missing someone. Atlanta may not have the line Seattle does, but if Bakhtiari and Bulaga are out, Rodgers is in big trouble.

On the plus side, Atlanta has o-line troubles even without injury. Their new guard (replaced a guy who retired) had a terrible game against the Bears:
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ons/105583774/

The Atlanta coach is talking about cleaning things up... where have I heard that kind of coach speak before, and how well did it work out?
    Pankey play both Guard and Tackle at West Virginia. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...key?id=2558143

Most had him projected to Guard in the NFL.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Bach is still limited participant.