Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Official Atlanta Week Thread

Bakh and Bulaga Questionable.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Atlanta's new stadium will I expect be very loud to play in and GB's Coaches will know this as well . The Packers have played in similarly loud conditions and have learned how to deal with it. Practice as well as classroom training should have been preparing everyone for it.

I expect to see Bakhtari take the field at LT , but not Bulaga . Murphy will need to play at RT again this week and the game plan will need to take it into account . More TE involvement , IMO , will be part of that plan . The Offense will play well , but it will not be a high scoring show .

The Defense, once again , will need to play well as the Falcons will not want to loose in their new home . I believe it will all come down to a final Cosby FG to pull out a victory in this one .

Go Pack Go !

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

I'll be at the game with my 71 year old pops. Section 130 row 12. Basically 35 yard line, lower level 12 rows up. Super pumped. First time at the new stadium. It's supposed to be awe inspiring. I'm really glad we won last week so I can enjoy this game more, with less pressure. You know Aaron and the boys want nothing more than to come in here and exercise some demons and break in the new digs right. Can't wait. GPG!!!!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ^^^. Hope it's a fun game and day for you guys. Going to the game with Pop is the best.

When opening up a new stadium, the home team has covered the spread in only 4 of the last 13. I believe the spread is 2.5.

If Bakhtiari can go, I think the Packers have a real chance.

I think its actually worse to discover Matt Millen on TV by surprise that know that he might be doing an NFL broadcast with your team.

This has not worked out for the better.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

This actually looks fun and designed for all ages, a nice move compared to the trend around Lambeau. The Titletown District opened the public plaza and park this week.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...aza/638040001/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Item 5. Poor secondary play kept the Packers out of Super Bowl LI. After allowing just nine points and 135 net yards passing Sunday against Seattle, the assumption is Atlanta will see a much better Packers defense Sunday night than it saw in January’s NFC Championship. But the film begs to differ. Green Bay’s back seven struggled against switch releases. Two Seahawks receivers would run vertically along gradually intersecting paths, and one would pop open inside. Unfortunately, Seattle’s pass protection usually broke down before Russell Wilson could target the open man. It will be different with Atlanta. Expect Matt Ryan to attack the Packers inside, and to really go after slot man Quinten Rollins.
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/15/le...e-class-week-1

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Both tackles now on the injury list, Bulaga with his ankle and Bakhtiari with a hamstring. Explains swapping RJF for Pankey. Here comes the annual injury parade.
    Seems like every year one position gets crushed by injury. Tackle wouldn't be a big deal if our QB was Joe Schmoe, but since its ARod....
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post

The Atlanta coach is talking about cleaning things up... where have I heard that kind of coach speak before, and how well did it work out?
    Did he say its just an adjustment in pad level?

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    No worries about the O-line. Ted had it all figured out way before the season started.
    But you worship the John Schneider approach of active FA signings. Worked real well. Their OLine problems are great BEFORE anyone is injured amIright!

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    But you worship the John Schneider approach of active FA signings. Worked real well. Their OLine problems are great BEFORE anyone is injured amIright!
    He's made some real errors on the O-Line. Traded Max Unger, a Pro Bowl Center, for Jimmy Graham. Had Jahri Evans last year and cut him. Tried to make up for it this year by going after T.J. Lang, but lost out to Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Who ever said I worship Schneider? I do find it odd that TT isn't good enough figure out that protecting Rodgers is job number 1.

Need All Pro starters and Pro Bowl backups. All within the cap while paying everyone else what they deserve. Anything less is a failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Who ever said I worship Schneider? I do find it odd that TT isn't good enough figure out that protecting Rodgers is job number 1.
    yawn.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...ut-just-barely

Packers' makeshift OL kept Aaron Rodgers upright -- but just barely

1:56 PM ET ....Rob Demovsky ... ESPN Staff Writer

ATLANTA -- " David Bakhtiari loved the way Kyle Murphy played in his place at left tackle, and Murphy had nothing but good things to say about Justin McCray, who made his first start at right tackle -- the same spot where Murphy made his first start a week earlier.

Yes, the Green Bay Packers got through a game with a pair of neophytes at the two most important offensive line positions without getting Aaron Rodgers killed, but coach Mike McCarthy’s altered offensive plan couldn’t keep up with the wide-open Atlanta Falcons offense in Sunday night’s 34-23 loss and probably would be a severely limited if Bakhtiari (hamstring) and Bryan Bulaga (ankle) don’t return soon. "

Please click on the LINK for the rest of this story.

GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau