Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ricky Jean Francois cut

Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    The Packers worked out three linebackers: Donnie Baggs (Texas A&M) Brooks Ellis (Arkansas) Christian Kuntz (Duquesne)
    They would have to be PS candidates...guess if they like one they could promote Gilbert to the 53 man roster.

Have to think it's Ringo or someone from the squad.

Blog Entries
    I have no feel for what's goin on.

I'll wait til tomorrow & see what happens.

The defensive linemen that the Packers cut seem to be making 53 man rosters. That's a good thing. If Packers like Dial better than RJF, maybe that is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Packers might, they released Gunter as well.
    http://www.12up.com/posts/5530518-br...rn?a_aid=36476

BREAKING: Packers Release DB to Make Room for Suspended Wide Receiver's Return

" Wide receiver Geronimo Allison is set to return from suspension this week and reclaim his spot on the roster.

In order to supplement the move, the Packers have cut ties with cornerback LaDarius Gunter, hours after launching ​Ricky Jean Francois out of Green Bay."

Rob Demovsky ✔@RobDemovsky

The Packers also have released CB LaDarius Gunter. That's the official move to make room for Geronimo Allison. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-40001449-4 … 5:23 PM - Sep 12, 2017

Comment woodbuck27: Finally, Gunter is gone.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Have to think it's Ringo or someone from the squad.
    Why would they cut RJF before knowing if they can sign Ringo though? It's a strange move.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    The Packers worked out three linebackers: Donnie Baggs (Texas A&M) Brooks Ellis (Arkansas) Christian Kuntz (Duquesne)
    So Brooks is done for the year.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

What an interesting assortment of names. Does TT prefer baggs or kuntz? Only time will tell. Most likely none of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    What an interesting assortment of names. Does TT prefer baggs or kuntz? Only time will tell. Most likely none of the above.
    Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuntz!
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Interesting that JSO reports Jean Francois having been released, but the Packer website still includes him on the roster. The Packers generally update the website very quickly, and they have Gunter off and Allison on, but also still include Jean Francois.

Why would they sign a hobbit in Ringo over RJF anyway? Seems like a bad move when they've valued size at the position all off-season.

The cutting of RJF is going to turn out to be fake news, I predict.

Or not: Packers promoted UDF Adam Pankey from PS today. RJF was or will be cut to make room for him.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...ine/661434001/

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Tex must be sad to see his pro bowl starting corner get cut. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Tex must be sad to see his pro bowl starting corner get cut. ��
    It was not a smart move IMO. Say what you want about Gunter being too slow, but he did a damn good job last year against all but a couple of the very best WRs. Randall and Rollins and maybe House are doing better this year. Hopefully they all stay healthy - what are the odds of that? I like Hawkins, but at this stage of his career, he isn't nearly as good as Gunter. Instead we got Pankey - another big clod who couldn't block anybody in the preseason, even the scrubs of other teams.

Just watch, Gunter will resurface as a decent Corner for somebody.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Turnover at bottom of roster is usually not detrimental to a team's season and most often a good sign: that the GM is looking to improve the team. Gunter was way down on the depth chart for a reason. If Spriggs cannot go they need to be able to dress a third tackle. In a few weeks Pankey may be replaced by someone else who fills a momentary need. No biggy.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    It was not a smart move IMO. Say what you want about Gunter being too slow, but he did a damn good job last year against all but a couple of the very best WRs. Randall and Rollins and maybe House are doing better this year. Hopefully they all stay healthy - what are the odds of that? I like Hawkins, but at this stage of his career, he isn't nearly as good as Gunter. Instead we got Pankey - another big clod who couldn't block anybody in the preseason, even the scrubs of other teams.

This is the same guy who said Mike Daniels wasn't our best Dlineman and he was all talk...

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post

That's the spirit! Never say die. I'm sure Gunter will latch on to some depleted roster before the season is over. Maybe Belicheat will convert him to a safety and he'll make the pro bowl.

BRING BLACK MICHAEL HAWTHORNE!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Here's the thing that concerns me: We only have 5 defensive linemen on the current roster. One or two guys get nicked up, and we suddenly very short across the front.

10 offensive linemen are now on the roster unincluding Barclay on IR.
    Last edited by Teamcheez1; 09-13-2017 at 01:13 PM.