Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ricky Jean Francois cut

There are five on the roster and only two will be on the field at a time. Depth is a little precarious until Adams is ready to play, but assuming that happens fairly quickly five doesn't seem like far too few. Maybe the real silver lining in RJF's demise is that the team thinks Adams is almost ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Here's the thing that concerns me: We only have 5 defensive linemen on the current roster. One or two guys get nicked out, and we suddenly very short across the front.

10 offensive linemen are now on the roster unincluding Barclay on IR.
    i could be wrong but i think it's 11 now. it was 10 of the original 53. panky makes it 11.

yes i'm wrong. it's 10-1 now.
    Last edited by gbgary; 09-13-2017 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    i could be wrong but i think it's 11 now. it was 10 of the original 53. panky makes it 11.
    And none of them can block there way out of a paper bag on run plays, and none of them are anything special at pass blocking either. Heaven help us if Rodgers wasn't so damn good at avoiding the pass rush. Hundley, who is more mobile than a lot of QBs, couldn't even keep from getting sacked way too many times. Plus they are all big fat nothings on kick offs, kick returns, and covering and receiving punts.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Rodgers was at least partially at fault on many of his sacks against Sea. He rediscovered the quick hitting plays in the second half, which will be the key against Atl.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Rodgers was at least partially at fault on many of his sacks against Sea. He rediscovered the quick hitting plays in the second half, which will be the key against Atl.
    +1 The neighbors barely heard me shouting at the TV "Throw the damn ball!" in the 2nd half.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Continues to be the only weakness in his game...you would take with a former WR at RB he would look for the check down more often.

Gunter claimed by the Panthers

Gunter claimed by the Panthers

Damn Lions signed Ringo to their PS

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Which means the Packers can sign him to their active roster if they think he has an NFL future better than their guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    We could have signed him back to our practice squad instead of the Lions. There are no waiver claims for practice squads. Either he didn't want to be here, or we didn't want him on the practice squad.

Glad to see gunter gone. for this defense he was never going to be more than the 5th cb. time is better spent coaching up some young guys with speed
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Glad to see gunter gone. for this defense he was never going to be more than the 5th cb. time is better spent coaching up some young guys with speed
    I wouldn't put it that way, since by all accounts Gunter was a good guy who made the absolute most of his abilities.

I would say that I'm glad that the Packers have 6 better/faster players than the guy who lined up against J. Jones in the NFCC game.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Gunter never figured out how to use his size to his advantage. Al Harris wasn't fast, but he knew how to disrupt the timing of pass patterns in the first 5 yards. I never thought Gunter did.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Gunter never figured out how to use his size to his advantage. Al Harris wasn't fast, but he knew how to disrupt the timing of pass patterns in the first 5 yards. I never thought Gunter did.
    Young Al ran a 4.45, Gunter 4.65. Older, slower Harris was also a master of the hold on every play strategy until they give up and stop calling it (similar to Seattle's CB's these days).
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    I wouldn't put it that way, since by all accounts Gunter was a good guy who made the absolute most of his abilities.

I would say that I'm glad that the Packers have 6 better/faster players than the guy who lined up against J. Jones in the NFCC game.
    definitely. no problem with his character at all. just think he had a low ceiling.
    Go PACK

And....he's back?

Ian Rapoport ✔@RapSheet
    The #Packers have agreed to terms to bring back DT Ricky Jean Francois, source said. A brief hiatus but now he's back.
    4:12 PM - Sep 20, 2017
    22 22 Replies 216 216 Retweets 478 478 likes
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

We should cross reference this in the former packer dream thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    And....he's back?
    BRING BLACK RJF!!!
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I don't think the team needs 3 rookie backup HBs. Make a decision there.