Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Rodgers will be fastest to 300 touchdowns, and it's not even close.

Aaron Rodgers will be fastest to 300 touchdowns, and it's not even close.

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...not-even-close

Aaron Rodgers will be fastest to 300 touchdowns, and it's not even close.

Rob Demovsky ... ESPN Staff Writer

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Dan Marino threw his 300th touchdown on pass number 5,460 of his career. Tom Brady did it in 5,321 attempts. Peyton Manning took 5,306 throws.

Aaron Rodgers, who has 298 career regular-season touchdown passes, could take 606 more pass attempts -- more than he’s thrown in all but one of his NFL seasons -- to throw two more touchdowns and he’d still be the fastest player in league history to reach 300.

Please click on the above LINK for the rest of this story.

GO PACKERS !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Problem is that Arod sat on the pine for a couple seasons, so it will be difficult for him to become the all time leader.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Problem is that Arod sat on the pine for a couple seasons, so it will be difficult for him to become the all time leader.
    Yep. Fastest, not youngest.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

One of those years he should have been in college. He left after 3 years. Favre and Manning each played 4 years in college. Favre also sat one year in the NFL, and Manning missed an entire season to injury. At age 36, Manning had started 208 games, Favre around 210 (He had 205 starts going into the season when he turned 36 in October). If Rodgers stays healthy, he should be at 195 games started or so when he turns 36.

If Rodgers can play until he is 38-40 years old like Manning, Favre, Brees and Brady; and stay relatively healthy during the remainder of his career, he can break Mannings record.

Even if Rodgers gets the record, Someone in the next wave of QBs will likely snatch it away as the NFL promotes even more wide-open scoring and passing. For example, Matt Stafford is at 191 TDs and won't turn 30 until next off season.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Dont jinx him!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Our household only celebrates when quarterbacks reach 307 TDs.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

If Rodgers plays until he is 40 (through 2023), he would need to average 34 TD passes per year to pass Manning. Since becoming the Packers starter, he has averaged 35. That includes 17 in the year he broke his collarbone.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Rodgers will be the first to 300 while having fewer than 100 interceptions (Brady had 115, everyone else significantly worse). Rodgers could even make 400 TD's with fewer than 100 picks.

I do think the years of sitting behind a HOF QB in an organization that knows how to groom QB's helped with these numbers. It gave him a chance to learn before being thrown into the fire.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Rodgers will be the first to 300 while having fewer than 100 interceptions (Brady had 115, everyone else significantly worse). Rodgers could even make 400 TD's with fewer than 100 picks.
    And this is why I consider him the GOAT.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post

I do think the years of sitting behind a HOF QB in an organization that knows how to groom QB's helped with these numbers. It gave him a chance to learn before being thrown into the fire.
    The Experts (I have heard comment on this) agree with you.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    If Rodgers plays until he is 40 (through 2023), he would need to average 34 TD passes per year to pass Manning. Since becoming the Packers starter, he has averaged 35. That includes 17 in the year he broke his collarbone.
    That's really great !

Probably posted elsewhere.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, since Rodgers ascended to the Packers’ starting job in 2008, 80 quarterbacks have thrown at least two regular-season pick-sixes. The most during that span: Philip Rivers (19), Drew Brees (18), Eli Manning (15), Peyton Manning (15), Carson Palmer (15) and Jay Cutler (15).

No quarterback in NFL history has thrown more interceptions that were returned for touchdowns than Rodgers’ predecessor, Brett Favre, who retired in 2010 having thrown 31 regular-season pick-sixes and four more in the playoffs – including three in a 2001 NFC divisional playoff loss at St. Louis.

Yes, Favre threw more pick-sixes in one game than Rodgers has thrown in his NFL life.

According to Pro-Football-Reference.com, not far behind Favre are two Pro Football Hall of Famers (Dan Marino with 28 and John Elway with 18) and two more quarterbacks who will likely join them in Canton (Peyton Manning with 27 and Brees with 26).
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

And this is why I consider him the GOAT.
    I too think he is the GOAT. I have never seen a QB play like him. Most folks think Brady is the GOAT but if you ask TB he'd tell you Rodgers is better than he is. The only reason Brady is lauded is because of the success of his TEAM and his HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I too think he is the GOAT. I have never seen a QB play like him. Most folks think Brady is the GOAT but if you ask TB he'd tell you Rodgers is better than he is. The only reason Brady is lauded is because of the success of his TEAM and his HC.
    Same with Montana I think. It probably depends on how you define GOAT. Rodgers has to be the most physically gifted. Brady and Montana just found ways to win the big ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t9JoExmsAo

Aaron Rodgers REACHES 300 TD's! ... Sunday 17 Sept.2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qPOoPTwuzE

Aaron Rodgers got his 300th TD Pass using `the Shovel Pass; here is how he got it done with TEN other TD Passes.`

A TD Pass often takes an amazing play on the part of the receiver.

Top 10 Most Accurate Throws of Aaron Rodgers' Career

These are all awesome throws but the one selected as NO. 1 will blow Y`ll away.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 09-18-2017 at 03:13 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl9JVN0KZJE

Aaron Rodgers Number ONE ! Hands down the very best player in the NFL.

For stats, yes Rodgers is the best. But when the pressure is on in a big game, give me Brady any day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fwufU3TN9w

Why Aaron Rodgers is the Most Dangerous QB Ever - Greatest Highlights (high quality)

Comment woodbuck27:

I will never forget how I felt when Ted Thompson went with Aaron Rodgers as his !st Round Pick and the 24th Pick in the 2005 NFL Draft. I was hoping for help for Brett Favre. How time can change one`s perspective.

When I look at the beginning of this wonderful Video; I am deeply moved. I believe many of you will be as well.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 09-18-2017 at 03:02 PM.

Give me the Patriots Defense any day.