Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official week 2 other games thread

Official week 2 other games thread

Apparently Bengals-Texans was so uninspiring, nobody even bothered to create this thread to talk about it during the game.

Dalton looks like crap this year.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Apparently Bengals-Texans was so uninspiring, nobody even bothered to create this thread to talk about it during the game.

Dalton looks like crap this year.
    They fired their OC today. Somehow Marvin Lewis has survived 15 years.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    I forget Thursday night games exist. Hate em.

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    I forget Thursday night games exist. Hate em.
    I don't watch unless the Packers are playing. I wish people would boycott them. It's the only way they'll go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    They fired their OC today. Somehow Marvin Lewis has survived 15 years.
    PFT said that Lewis was hearing rumblings of mutiny after the game, which apparently went as bad as last year's offense did. So Zampese got the boot.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-marvin-lewis/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Sam Bradford out. Case Keenum starts at QB for Vikings.

Case Keenum isn't getting it done. If only there were a vet QB former starter who would put the Vikings in a better position than they are in with dreck at backup QB. Vikes defense is not impenetrable, but Steelers have some weapons.

Richard Deitsch‏ @richarddeitsch 1h1 hour ago
    At 37, @tonyromo is younger than both starting quarterbacks (Tom Brady, 40 and Drew Brees, 38) of his game today.

I would recommend viewing any game with Romo/Nantz on CBS. They haven't drilled the former football player out of him and its all routes/patterns, time in pocket and offensive personnel setups. He is claiming without Edelman and versus the Sants, the Patriots have pulled out the old Charlie Weis/Ron Erhardt offense from the first Super Bowl wins (lots of fullback/Burkhead).

Lotta fun to listen to. he doesn't have a big announcer voice so you have to listen closely.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Steelers have a wideout last name of Smith-Schuster.

Every time I hear it, I think of Monty Python (Upper Class Twit Olympics) and a publishing company.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Steelers have a wideout last name of Smith-Schuster.

Every time I hear it, I think of Monty Python (Upper Class Twit Olympics) and a publishing company.
    LOL

but its called the upper class twit of the year

"and oliver has run himself over, WHAT A GREAT TWIT"

I would recommend viewing any game with Romo/Nantz on CBS. They haven't drilled the former football player out of him and its all routes/patterns, time in pocket and offensive personnel setups. He is claiming without Edelman and versus the Sants, the Patriots have pulled out the old Charlie Weis/Ron Erhardt offense from the first Super Bowl wins (lots of fullback/Burkhead).

Lotta fun to listen to. he doesn't have a big announcer voice so you have to listen closely.
    Aaron Schatz, a Patriots fan an Football Outsiders owner and editor, says Romo is full of crap:

Aaron Schatz @FO_ASchatz
    No disrespect to Tony Romo but the Pats have run more 2-TE and more FB than most teams for a few years now. It's not the 2001 offense.

To be fair to Romo, I took his comments to mean mostly that they were running more. But subsequent offensive series have been pretty pass happy.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    LOL

but its called the upper class twit of the year

"and oliver has run himself over, WHAT A GREAT TWIT"
    "And there is Oliver, he is dead, but he is not necessarily out of it."

Vivian Smith-Smythe-Smith has an O level in kennel hygiene.

"Oliver doesn't know when he is beaten this lad. He doesn't know when he is winning either. He has no sort of sensory apparatus whatsoever."

"And Nigel has clubbed himself into 4th place."

Brady & Co. against the Saints defense is the mismatch of the year. Someone needs to stop this.

Case Keenum isn't getting it done. If only there were a vet QB former starter who would put the Vikings in a better position than they are in with dreck at backup QB. Vikes defense is not impenetrable, but Steelers have some weapons.

Richard Deitsch‏ @richarddeitsch 1h1 hour ago
    At 37, @tonyromo is younger than both starting quarterbacks (Tom Brady, 40 and Drew Brees, 38) of his game today.

Completely agree with this. Romo is giving keen QB insight in his analysis and not dumbing it down. A newbie to the game (think the casual or less fan at Super Bowl viewing parties) would have no idea what he's talking about. Those that follow the game closely... it's delightful and refreshing.

#Seahawks RB Eddie Lacy is inactive today vs the #49ers. He has not been dealing with an injury. Looks like a healthy scratch.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 17, 2017

That didn't take long. Curious how long Eddie is going to last with the Hags once Rawls gets healthy and Carson develops a little bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Completely agree with this. Romo is giving keen QB insight in his analysis and not dumbing it down. A newbie to the game (think the casual or less fan at Super Bowl viewing parties) would have no idea what he's talking about. Those that follow the game closely... it's delightful and refreshing.
    He's gotten a little careless as the game has gone on, but its still refreshing even when he might be misreading it. At least the X and O is getting a discussion.

Meanwhile in Pittsburgh, Vikes D adjusted and has stopped Ben and Co cold after they hit 20 points. But the offense is in reverse.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Sorry to be a contrarian, but Romo is the anti-Ray Scott. Guy is irritating to me. Talks too much and a low-talker, mumbler to boot. The contrast with Jim Nantz is striking. I really don't think he'll last.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Sorry to be a contrarian, but Romo is the anti-Ray Scott. Guy is irritating to me. Talks too much and a low-talker, mumbler to boot. The contrast with Jim Nantz is striking. I really don't think he'll last.

Maxie, if you can't be a contrarian, who can be??
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Maxie, if you can't be a contrarian, who can be??
    I admit to being extremely qualified for the job.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I agree, his volume and soft voice make it hard to hear his entire comment and they do ramble. Harder when Nantz is waiting to start his next "joke".

I agree, his volume and soft voice make it hard to hear his entire comment and they do ramble. Harder when Nantz is waiting to start his next "joke".
    He sounds like me if I would try announcing. Typical Wiscahnsin accent and diction. Everyone down here in Florida knows where I'm from as soon as I open my mouth. heh heh