Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Official week 2 other games thread

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    He sounds like me if I would try announcing. Typical Wiscahnsin accent and diction. Everyone down here in Florida knows where I'm from as soon as I open my mouth. heh heh
    At least you and Tony say Wisconsin right. The guy doing TV for the Badgers yesterday was mangling it worse than Bob Griese.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Colts and Cardinals tied 13 - 13. Cardinals line up for game winning FG. Colts call TO at last second. Guy makes kick. Then misses it on the second try. I really hate that TO. Bush League. They ought to do away with it.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

The Cardinals this year are the after picture of what happens if you load up for a Super Bowl run and don't make it.

Otherwise know as every team beside the Broncos.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Poetic justice. Cardinals win in OT.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Greg Olsen broke his foot apparently.

Chargers May Not Sell Out 27,000-Seat Stadium For Opener

They had, what, two decades to figure out how to succeed in LA and the Rams going back was the best idea they had. I think Chargers going back happened when they forgot to pay attention.

Gronk got hurt too. Patriots are in serious receiver shortage. I wonder what Bellycheck will do.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The Cardinals this year are the after picture of what happens if you load up for a Super Bowl run and don't make it.

Otherwise know as every team beside the Broncos.
    Thats the way your supposed to do it PB..don't you read this board?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Colts and Cardinals tied 13 - 13. Cardinals line up for game winning FG. Colts call TO at last second. Guy makes kick. Then misses it on the second try. I really hate that TO. Bush League. They ought to do away with it.
    I agree completely. This "ice" the kicker crap really pisses me off and I love when it backfires on the coaches who do it. Who started it anyway?

Lacy inactive for Seahawks. Not injured.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Lacy inactive for Seahawks. Not injured.
    Pretty much everyone is inactive but Carlos Hyde. 6-6 after 3 quarters.

Highlight: Dropped touchdown by Seattle.

Guaranteed 9-6 or 12-9 win by Seattle. NOT must see TV; good for napping though.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Dallas getting run out by Denver O that looked horrible last week.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by wthigoot View Post
    Pretty much everyone is inactive but Carlos Hyde. 6-6 after 3 quarters.

Highlight: Dropped touchdown by Seattle.

Guaranteed 9-6 or 12-9 win by Seattle. NOT must see TV; good for napping though.
    Given that SF is changing defensive schemes and ditched a couple of decent players just for fit, Seattle's offense must really suck. Looks like the Packers showing against them was nothing special.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Cowgirls down 18 points.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Cowgirls terrible. Denver defense in backfield all day. Zeke Elliott has 0 yds rushing.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    35-10 Denver

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Given that SF is changing defensive schemes and ditched a couple of decent players just for fit, Seattle's offense must really suck. Looks like the Packers showing against them was nothing special.
    Just a typical Seattle home game, seems like it happens 3-4 times a year. They tear up the middle of the field until the 4th quarter and then get the one score they need. They actually scored early today, with about 6 minutes left, instead of on the last drive.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Chargers May Not Sell Out 27,000-Seat Stadium For Opener

They had, what, two decades to figure out how to succeed in LA and the Rams going back was the best idea they had. I think Chargers going back happened when they forgot to pay attention.
    LA is a horrible city for sports, it always has been unless the team is a champion, and it becomes a "thing" to be seen at games

it was stupid to move one team there much less 2

fyi, the rams game had a ton of empty seats today too

has anyone mentioned that lacy was a healthy scratch for seattle today?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    has anyone mentioned that lacy was a healthy scratch for seattle today?
    Tell me more.