Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Falcon vs Packer game day thread

You want a reason to worry?

Seahawks are tied with San Fran 6-6 in the 4th and have less than 225 yards on offense.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Want a reason to be optimistic?

Bears got torched by Tampa after a game with the Falcons where they had a chance to win in on their final drive.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rumor is Bulaga and Bach are both out.

Tom Oates @TomOatesWSJ 4m4 minutes ago
    If Bryan Bulaga and David Bakhtiari are indeed out, looks like Kyle Murphy & Adam Pankey will be protecting Aaron Rodgers tonight. #Packers

Rob Demovsky‏Verified account
    @RobDemovsky
    Early word is the Packers may be without both starting tackles tonight. David Bakhtiari (hamstring) and Bryan... https://t.co/6hr1bQwc6Z

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

Tom Oates‏Verified account @TomOatesWSJ 4m4 minutes ago
    More
    If Bryan Bulaga and David Bakhtiari are indeed out, looks like Kyle Murphy & Adam Pankey will be protecting Aaron Rodgers tonight. #Packers
    Now there's a reason to worry.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

The following players have been declared inactive and will not play in Sunday night's game between the Green Bay Packers and the Atlanta Falcons:

Green Bay Packers Green Bay Packers
    32 RB Devante Mays
    41 CB Lenzy Pipkins
    55 LB Ahmad Brooks
    69 T David Bakhtiari
    75 T Bryan Bulaga

78 T Jason Spriggs
    90 DT Montravius Adams

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...#ixzz4sypW6TeF

With Bakh and Bulaga out, I don't give us much chance in this one.

Bulaga is sitting himself out of a job this season. He has now been out for 25 days.

Tom Oates @TomOatesWSJ 21s22 seconds ago
    #Packers' backup O-linemen tonight are Lucas Patrick & Justin McCray. Neither has taken an NFL regular-season snap. Neither is a tackle.

Where's your JC Tretter now Ted?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    It would be an incredible win now. Opening night for a new stadium, on the road no starting tackles.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    APRH. Every year this is the main issue.

Tom Oates @TomOatesWSJ 21s22 seconds ago
    #Packers' backup O-linemen tonight are Lucas Patrick & Justin McCray. Neither has taken an NFL regular-season snap. Neither is a tackle.

Where's your JC Tretter now Ted?
    Are you suggesting that MM/TT should have a plan in place for losing both starting tackles? I think this is the best they can do considering the circumstances. Every team would be in the same boat or worse.

I've always said the Packers win in spite of the O Line, not because of it. Rodgers virtually never has a clean pocket; He just about always has to escape. I guess the idea of the general shittiness of the Packers O Line will get tested tonight. I'm thinking they won't be that much worse off with the back ups in there than with the regulars.

I still think the Packers will win primarily because of Rodgers' mobility and accuracy.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

i think the smart move is either forfeit or to sit a-rod for the game

there's no way the shit at backup tackle will keep him uninjured tonight

so our season is at risk tonight, and it has nothing to do with us winning or lossing

when the fuck did bak get hurt? i knew we couldn't count on bulaga not to miss a ton of time each season, but man

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'm thinking they won't be that much worse off with the back ups in there than with the regulars.
    uh huh

Tom Oates @TomOatesWSJ 4m4 minutes ago

Rob Demovsky‏Verified account
    @RobDemovsky
    Early word is the Packers may be without both starting tackles tonight. David Bakhtiari (hamstring) and Bryan... https://t.co/6hr1bQwc6Z
    Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky

Early word is the Packers may be without both starting tackles tonight. David Bakhtiari (hamstring) and Bryan... espn.com/espn/now?nowId…

Comment woodbuck27:

This is scary news and Aaron's Rodgers.

Mike McCarthy has to exercise prudence now and get Aaron Rodgers out of this game if Atlanta is getting to him early.

Better simply go with the Backup QB and get this game in the books with whatever result. A loss is one thing but losing Aaron Rodgers is not sensible.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 09-17-2017 at 07:21 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Are you suggesting that MM/TT should have a plan in place for losing both starting tackles? I think this is the best they can do considering the circumstances. Every team would be in the same boat or worse.
    I am not. Others have. Though I would not mind JC Tretter as backup tackle if something else goes wrong tonight.

Or Mike Fanagan. Or Clifton.

kickoff has been moved back 5 minutes?

why?

kickoff is already late enough

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    kickoff has been moved back 5 minutes?

why?

kickoff is already late enough
    Late Cowboys game on Fox's national afternoon game. They had lightning delay.

This works in left or right field, not sure about tackle.

Todd McMahon @ToddMcMahon23
    #Packers' Mike McCarthy on @620wtmj pregame show says O-line to go w/rotation of Murphy and combo of Pankey and McCray at tackle #Falcons

Chris Roth @rothchris
    Lucas Patrick was also taking pregame snaps at the tackle spots...just in case (gulp)

Late Cowboys game on Fox's national afternoon game. They had lightning delay.
    who the fuck cares, games overlap all the time

Tom Oates @TomOatesWSJ 28m28 minutes ago
    #Packers' first practice rep on offense had Kyle Murphy at LT and Justin McCray at RT. Murphy started at RT last week; McCray was inactive.