Thread: DEAR ATLANTA---------ME THINKS THE NITRO IS COMING........WILL IT WORK ???

Blog Entries

DEAR ATLANTA---------ME THINKS THE NITRO IS COMING........WILL IT WORK ???

Watched last year's playoff game over. That was some rough shit.

Did anybody realize we played in the Nickel Defense over 75% of the time ? And often Jake Ryan and Joe Thomas....aka.........our LB PLODDERS.......were in there at once.

It's no wonder we got out asses handed to us.

TEAM SPEED....or are lack of it, was blatantly obvious.

FAST FORWARD TO THIS YEAR; TED DRAFTS AND BRINGS IN SPEED. AND THE DOMINATOR COMES IN WITH THE NITRO.

The best Defense on the field will not consist of the LB Plodders.

Morgan Burnet is going to see a lot of time at LB today. And we'll rotate more speed at safety today. And Gunter will not be covering Julio Jones. We seem to have a real secondary...although King seems to be MIA (while Watt is tearing it u....so hopefully our pass rush on Ryan is there).

WHAT SAY THE RATS ? WILL OUR DEFENSE BE GOOD ENOUGH TODAY ?

I'm setting the OVER/UNDER at 24 points.

WHERE ARE YOU PLACING YOUR MONEY ???????????
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

OVER/UNDER usually means total for both teams, but you couldn't mean that, could you? If you're talking about whether our D holds Atlanta to 24 or under, I'll say yes.

Our D Line play is a lot better this year; As you said, our DBs are better - and probably will be used in that Nitro package. Jones' strength is speed, not so much pattern running. Therefore, King just might be more effective against him than against some more technician types. Mainly, though, we will win because our offense will take it up and down the field and dominate time of possession.

Packers 33 Falcons 20
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    sorry...yes.you are right Tex. I was asking for the over/under on how many points we give up.
    On the road, if we give up less than 24 points that would b a good defensive effort an if our offense can't score 24 on Atlanta I'd say the loss would be on them
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

The team total for betting Atl today is over/under 28.5 points. Source: BetUS.com

If Pack can hold Atl below 24 it would be impressive.

BTW, the team total on GB today is 24.5 points.

Prediction: On third and long, Packers won't play any plodding LBs by the end of the year, instead they'll play Burnett and Jones in the Thunder Nitro package.

DEAR ATLANTA---------ME THINKS THE NITRO IS COMING........WILL IT WORK ???

..no...

I know this is purely hindsight now, but while getting faster was all well and good, did anyone watching the Atlanta game last year think speed was really the answer?

The techniques the DB use to cover people on anything other than sideline patterns looked like 7 year old soccer. Just circle the player with the ball until it heads in a different direction.

I don't care who plays Nitro ILB, but my bet is that it needs to be Jones. Then Burnett can help cover slot and TE like Hyde, only better.

And they HAVE to find a functional slot corner.

King should start with House on the outside.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packers looked like they were inhaling nitro instead of putting it into their engine.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Packers looked like they were inhaling nitro instead of putting it into their engine.
    I recorded that game for future analysis:

As soon as it ended I erased that recording. Why !?

Too much Urrrggghhhpppfff !

Not enough Huurrraaagghh !

The Green Bay Packers would be the Cincinnati Bengals or the NY Jets or even the Cleveland Browns without Aaron Rodgers.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau