Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 2 @ Atlanta

I can't believe G. Gordon would be misleading.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I can't believe G. Gordon would be misleading.
    The guy in the bar just told you he was G. Gordon Libby

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    And then the thread really went off the rails...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post

THE END
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I picked it up here and had to back track....wish I hadn't.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Trying to lift train back onto track, I say the early-third year returns on the draft that produced Randall and Rollins in rounds one and two are not good.

Ted appears to have shat the bed.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Dude, I'm a 45 year old father of 3 that looks like a lumberjack. I'd be the worst male prostitute ever.
    Your kids look like lumberjacks? Have them lay off the fizzy milk.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Dude, I'm a 45 year old father of 3 that looks like a lumberjack. I'd be the worst male prostitute ever.

A 45 year old father of three who likes to pretend he's a lumberjack? Sounds like exactly the kind of guy who might be looking for a male prostitute...
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Trying to lift train back onto track, I say the early-third year returns on the draft that produced Randall and Rollins in rounds one and two are not good.

Ted appears to have shat the bed.
    Gambled and lost here. Drafted a safety who he thought could be converted to corner, and drafted a corner who had played 1 year of college football. Probably tried to rely on Joe Whitt's ability too much.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

A 45 year old father of three who likes to pretend he's a lumberjack? Sounds like exactly the kind of guy who might be looking for a male prostitute...
    Rutnstrut doesn't have to look for nothing, he's the party. The flannel shirt, axe wielding, angry posts - he's a rough trade cliche.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Gambled and lost here. Drafted a safety who he thought could be converted to corner, and drafted a corner who had played 1 year of college football. Probably tried to rely on Joe Whitt's ability too much.
    I dunno. Randall looked pretty good his first year. Then he got hurt and hasn't been the same since. Maybe he has an egg shell for an ego. Or maybe Whitt's powers of motivation are in decline.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I dunno. Randall looked pretty good his first year. Then he got hurt and hasn't been the same since. Maybe he has an egg shell for an ego. Or maybe Whitt's powers of motivation are in decline.
    Or maybe his first year was a fluke?

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    They both flashed pretty well their rookie year. Enough the Packers (and everyone else) let Hayward go. With Shields, Randall, and Rollins, the CBs looked set for another five years. Then concussion and injury/regression.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

a parasite might explain his poor play...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    They both flashed pretty well their rookie year. Enough the Packers (and everyone else) let Hayward go. With Shields, Randall, and Rollins, the CBs looked set for another five years. Then concussion and injury/regression.
    It really is a bit confusing. Randall, at least, looked like he was going to be a real player. Now he's a dollar short and a day late.

KYPack

It could be, but I'd bet that he simply has failed to develop other skills, and more time starting has exposed the holes in his game.

Or, there are times in that secondary where the receiver turns to run an interior route and the CB reacts as though he's been shot at and backs off. The middle of the field coverage scheme (when to follow, when to pass off or drift off or deep) still evades them I think. I might be overreacting to replays showing it at least twice this season but its just weird. Pump fakes maybe?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Or, there are times in that secondary where the receiver turns to run an interior route and the CB reacts as though he's been shot at and backs off. The middle of the field coverage scheme (when to follow, when to pass off or drift off or deep) still evades them I think. I might be overreacting to replays showing it at least twice this season but its just weird. Pump fakes maybe?
    This is a pretty good description. It's very odd. Randall has tight coverage and then all the sudden he gets totally lost on a simple inside cut. Gabe Kaplan had better coverage of Richard Hatch on Battle of the Network Stars.

^ Nice trash TV reference.

I think its mostly technique and goes mainly to the lack of familiarity of the DBs with zone coverage techniques.

The most baffling coverage of all is the trailing by too far coverage on a crossing route (this is man to man) and the failure to have anyone on the other side of the field to clock the crossing route. This might be skill of receiver avoid the other defenders, but I also think its the effect of threatening to send six pass rushers most downs.

So...(cue Bretsky)...if the Packers had drafted TJ Watt the pass coverage would be better?

KYPack

So...(cue Bretsky)...if the Packers had drafted TJ Watt the pass coverage would be better?
    It might, but he has to be healthy for that to work.

He looks legit and pass rush always helps, but I am still kinda stunned how Fackrell looks in games versus the preseason. I think he might figure it out. Its weird to see a two gapping OLB on a pass rush.