Thread: More Banjo: Week 2 @ Atlanta

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Did anybody else notice that our tackling in general was pretty weak?

It seemed to me there was a lot of tackling-by-means-of-a-rolling-block going on. Our guys were slamming into people, hitting them high, bouncing off, not wrapping up. I'd love to know how many yards the Atlanta RB's and receivers made after contact. Stubby/Dom need to work on some fundamentals of tackling.

Maybe it's just a shortened training camp with less contact that is the cause and things will get better after a few games. But Atlanta seemed to tackle better than we did.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Did anybody else notice that our tackling in general was pretty weak?

It seemed to me there was a lot of tackling-by-means-of-a-rolling-block going on. Our guys were slamming into people, hitting them high, bouncing off, not wrapping up. I'd love to know how many yards the Atlanta RB's and receivers made after contact. Stubby/Dom need to work on some fundamentals of tackling.

Maybe it's just a shortened training camp with less contact that is the cause and things will get better after a few games. But Atlanta seemed to tackle better than we did.

It's been just like that it seems to me (and generally) since way back in the early 2000's.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau